Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    So of the 16 teams... 8 of them are from the East. 8 of them are from the West. The top 2 seeds are WC then #3, #4, #5 are EC. Is this a parity thing because I'm not buying the outrage anymore? It wouldn't even change the playoff teams. The conferences are becoming balanced again.

Toronto, Boston, and Cleveland are are still top teams. Pacers/Wizards are still playing well and the Sixers/Bucks are emerging young contenders. Keep it the way it is. I like the divisions and old school rivalries.
    I agree that the timing of this discussion is strange because the league is so balanced this year, but this has been more the exception than the norm. If we looked at every season since the late 90s, the West has been the superior conference for two decades. And most seasons we've seen a dumpster fire of playoff series in the East.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone:32186460
    So of the 16 teams... 8 of them are from the East. 8 of them are from the West. The top 2 seeds are WC then #3, #4, #5 are EC. Is this a parity thing because I'm not buying the outrage anymore? It wouldn't even change the playoff teams. The conferences are becoming balanced again.

Toronto, Boston, and Cleveland are are still top teams. Pacers/Wizards are still playing well and the Sixers/Bucks are emerging young contenders. Keep it the way it is. I like the divisions and old school rivalries.
    I agree that the timing of this discussion is strange because the league is so balanced this year, but this has been more the exception than the norm. If we looked at every season since the late 90s, the West has been the superior conference for two decades. And most seasons we've seen a dumpster fire of playoff series in the East.
    Wouldn't it limit one of the things that makes sports great? Rivalries.

Maybe I am being nostalgic but in the 90s I loved those wars the Knicks would have with the Heat and Pacers. I hated those teams.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

"It just changes the landscape of the history of the game if you start messing with seedings and playoffs...It's cool to mess around with the All-Star Gameóand we proved that you could do thatóbut let's not get too crazy about the playoffs. You have Eastern Conference, you have Western Conference."
    Lebron not digging the idea lol

Adam Silver discuss 1-16 Playoff Format

Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    Does he still have veto power?. I think he does but itís not as strong as it once was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Silver said it and I felt like I could hear the ticking before he said he didn't like it

Next Silver says they are going to realign the schedule so #1 teams per division play more games against #1 teams from all the other divisions and #2s vs #2s and #3s vs #3s etc like the NFL does. That would certainly help parity in records ... the Warriors and Cavs playing each other 4 times a year while the Warriors only get the Suns 2 times a year. (not)
    Last edited by Scoots; 02-21-2018 at 11:41 PM.

I haven't seen it, but do the conferences determine who makes the playoffs?

I enjoy the NBA Playoff structure so I donít think it needs March Madness tweaking, but Silver is all about change.
    Itís a cool feature though

Increases rivalries too.

I think the current format is fine.

Wouldn't it limit one of the things that makes sports great? Rivalries.

Maybe I am being nostalgic but in the 90s I loved those wars the Knicks would have with the Heat and Pacers. I hated those teams.
    I actually think it would be good for rivalries in the long run, because the best teams would regularly see each other in the playoffs, we'd get better postseason matchups and we could feasibly see teams in the same conference in the Finals. How much fire would it add to the Houston-Golden State rivalry if they had to face each other in the Finals this year?

Also, how many really good rivalries do we really have in the NBA today? Maybe a handful? And as much as players move teams and teams move players in this era, I'm not sure we'd be losing much. I'd much rather have better playoff series and for rivalries to develop organically from those matchups than to see bad basketball in the postseason and rivalries develop because the same teams are always forced to play one another.

Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    Just trust me, Hou wont make it all the way to the WCF 😉
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Houston may make the WCF again, but barring injuries they are no longer a serious threat this year imo.

And I get why. I love Lebron, and his Finals streak is one of the more remarkable feats in the history of the league. But this would seriously put that streak in jeopardy. Even as the 3 seed in the East right now, his path to the Finals this season is pretty doable. But if this were implemented this year, his Cavs would likely be tasked with facing Houston or Golden State in the semifinals.

It would also force his Cavs teams to put more emphasis on winning in the regular season, which would put a lot more pressure on him to play at 100 percent on both ends of the court every night.

Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    Just trust me, Hou wont make it all the way to the WCF 😉
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Houston may make the WCF again, but barring injuries they are no longer a serious threat this year imo.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    And I get why. I love Lebron, and his Finals streak is one of the more remarkable feats in the history of the league. But this would seriously put that streak in jeopardy. Even as the 3 seed in the East right now, his path to the Finals this season is pretty doable. But if this were implemented this year, his Cavs would likely be tasked with facing Houston or Golden State in the semifinals.

It would also force his Cavs teams to put more emphasis on winning in the regular season, which would put a lot more pressure on him to play at 100 percent on both ends of the court every night.
    It's funny because your reply to me didn't sway my opinion at all but this post to another person did. Making the playoffs 1-16 would create more incentive for the top teams to play their best players and try and win as many games as possible. If you are the #3 seed in the West and you know you can't catch GState or Houston is very different from being the #7 seed overall and trying to climb up to #3 overall. You gotta win.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

well to be fair there would be 9 west and 7 east teams. the Clippers have less losses then the heat. what I haven't seen yet is if it would be the 8 east teams and the 8 west teams and then a reseeding.

Based on loss column, interesting matchups

Houston 44 13
    Golden State 44 14
    Toronto 41 16
    Boston 40 19
    Cleveland 34 22
    San Antonio 35 24
    Washington 33 24
    Minnesota 36 25
    Indiana 33 25
    Milwaukee 32 25
    Philadelphia 30 25
    Oklahoma City 33 26
    Denver 32 26
    Portland 32 26
    New Orleans 31 26
    L.A. Clippers 30 26

nevermind

Implement this... do it now.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast