Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    FWIW wasn't he drafted as an OT?
    No, I think he was a G. Might've played some tackle in college, but pretty sure that as a prospect he was well established as a G.

Also, I like Nelson, but not really sure what warrants he'll be an All-Pro selection for years to come. Scherff was a highly rated prospect as well. He's been good, I think, but not that dominant. Warmack was supposed to be this elite G prospect as well and one of the safest prospects in that Draft, he never turned out to be more than an average starter at best in the league.

I think Barkley is a pretty clear choice for the most talented out of this class. Chubb likely a close 2nd. Edmunds, Smith, Fitzpatrick, James, a few of the CBs and a couple of interior linemen could realistically end up being the best pro players, so you never know.

For the QB class, I'd say Mayfield, Darnold, Allen, Rosen all have cases to be made for each to be #1.

I figured this answer would be more popular. But roquan Smith is the player I would rank number 1.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    FWIW wasn't he drafted as an OT?
    True, he was. But I think everyone expected him to play inside, including the Redskins.

How is the answer not Barkley? Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    No, I think he was a G. Might've played some tackle in college, but pretty sure that as a prospect he was well established as a G.

Also, I like Nelson, but not really sure what warrants he'll be an All-Pro selection for years to come. Scherff was a highly rated prospect as well. He's been good, I think, but not that dominant. Warmack was supposed to be this elite G prospect as well and one of the safest prospects in that Draft, he never turned out to be more than an average starter at best in the league.

I think Barkley is a pretty clear choice for the most talented out of this class. Chubb likely a close 2nd. Edmunds, Smith, Fitzpatrick, James, a few of the CBs and a couple of interior linemen could realistically end up being the best pro players, so you never know.

For the QB class, I'd say Mayfield, Darnold, Allen, Rosen all have cases to be made for each to be #1.
    Yeah, Warmack was regarded as a very safe pick, but he was undersized. Nelson appears to have size, technique, aggressive demeanor, and awareness.

When I said he could be the one most likely in this draft class to win multiple All-Pros, I factored into that the voters not really knowing much about OL play, Nelson possibly continuing to pancake guys in the Pros, and PFF ranking him very highly coming out of college, which is the site that usually determines OL All-Pro voting.

I'm a little more skeptical about Barkley, who despite all his amazing strengths, did play in a spread offense, needs a bit of work in pass pro, and might dance a little too much behind the line against NFL defenses. But the chances of him busting a very low, especially if an offense puts him in space.

In regards to All-Pro voting though, RB is a crowded field.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Yeah, Warmack was regarded as a very safe pick, but he was undersized. Nelson appears to have size, technique, aggressive demeanor, and awareness.

When I said he could be the one most likely in this draft class to win multiple All-Pros, I factored into that the voters not really knowing much about OL play, Nelson possibly continuing to pancake guys in the Pros, and PFF ranking him very highly coming out of college, which is the site that usually determines OL All-Pro voting.

I'm a little more skeptical about Barkley, who despite all his amazing strengths, did play in a spread offense, needs a bit of work in pass pro, and might dance a little too much behind the line against NFL defenses. But the chances of him busting a very low, especially if an offense puts him in space.

In regards to All-Pro voting though, RB is a crowded field.
    Yeah, that makes sense.

Though, to be fair, there are a few household names I think voters would have a tough time moving on from, like Martin, DeCastro, likely Yanda still. Not as crowded as the RB field, for sure, though.

Saquon Barkley

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Barkley's going to have a good combine. He's intelligent and he says the right things. I'm not crazy about rbs early but when you factor in the lack of wrs he's the offensive player of the draft. No injury issues, doesn't fumble, can contribute as a receiver, and he's going to have ideal measurables at about 511 220 or so. As far as rating a prospect goes, he has no weakness.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post

Zack Martin turned out pretty good. And he was groomed and taught by the same guys that have taught Nelson.

Lamar Jackson is my #1 overall
    Barkley is my #2 overall and the top non QB

Chubb is is only high because of the lack of talent at the position. I have several above him including Lamar, Rosen and Josh Allen

my favorite player not named in this forum is Christian Kirk. I love him a ton

There have been people who put Quenton Nelson (G, ND) as #1 or #2 overall. But nobody will pick a guard in the top two.

Vita Vea is going to make some team happy. Required two blockers all year and still made a big impact. Good run blocker and very good at getting to backfield from the interior. Not sure if he'll be the best player but he should be very good.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    There have been people who put Quenton Nelson (G, ND) as #1 or #2 overall. But nobody will pick a guard in the top two.
    Best player isn't always determined by draft position

Quote Originally Posted by C-ross12 View Post
    Vita Vea is going to make some team happy. Required two blockers all year and still made a big impact. Good run blocker and very good at getting to backfield from the interior. Not sure if he'll be the best player but he should be very good.
    Love this dude.

Barkley or Nelson
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = Rebuild Mode! Love my fellow Faithful
    Warriors = 2015 & 2017 NBA CHAMPIONS!
    A's = The young talent is here!
    WINNING!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast