Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

NBA All Star Weekend 2018 Discussion Thread

T-Mac was a Rocket yet is on Team LAL? weird.
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    EMBRACE. THE. TARGET.

US team has like one legit big man.

The NBA needs to really shake up the all-star weekend if they want me to care. Actually, they need to make the players care first.

I like the idea of a 3 on 3 round robin tournament with first to 21 or 10 minutes whichever comes first and the winning team gets $5M each. This should be the majority of the weekend events. If they need to fill more time increase the minimum points and/or the minutes to make the games go longer. If $5M per isn't enough, double it. At some point the players WILL care and will try to win. They could even televise practice for the teams. The fan voting can determine the 10 team captains and players/media/coaches can determine the other 20 players. The draft should be on TV and during the all-star weekend.

I think the side competitions (3 point, dunk, celebrity, skills, legends) should be broken up with each one only happening once every 3 years and only 3 happening a year.

THEN I'd watch.

What a shame the reigning ROTY and top rook from his class is injured. In not watching anything this weekend. Got shots to slam and the watching these pedestrian events will only add to my headache

Calling it now. This AS game will be one of the better ones in recent memory.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    well when you have embiid that was already a given.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    well when you have embiid that was already a given.
    Embgod to you, sir! No factually correct. Young ahoillld just pray he stays heaaalthy.

Sorr mode crew. Autocorrect and liquor r ****en me tonight before as a pregame for latr an i ain't sure which is is more responsibility.

Like Donny Trump is doing for America after a brutal 8 years, I am making PSD Great Again One Post at a time, doe!!

One Big A-- (8 year) Mistake America. Coincidence? I think not.

Watched about 35 seconds of the Celebrity game before it was too awful to watch. Got through about 48 seconds of the Rising Stars game (saw 1 made 3, 4 missed 3's and an uncontested layup), and that'll do it for the Rising Star Game. I'll check back for the 3pt shootout.

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Watched about 35 seconds of the Celebrity game before it was too awful to watch. Got through about 48 seconds of the Rising Stars game (saw 1 made 3, 4 missed 3's and an uncontested layup), and that'll do it for the Rising Star Game. I'll check back for the 3pt shootout.
    Rising stars game has and will always be trash.

All-star game has been the same for a while too now.

The only fun night is the three-point shooting contest, skills challenge, and SOMETIMES the dunk contest.

These games are so pointless. They are boring. I'd rather they just do more events/contests and not even bother playing the games. Like make them play horse or knock out or something.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Not setting a high goal there are we?

Drink All Day, Play All Night, Let's Get It Poppin
    LMFAO!!! This TNT segment with Kevin Hart, Shaq, Chuck, Kenny and Ernie is hilarious!!

Quote Originally Posted by PAOboston View Post
    These games are so pointless. They are boring. I'd rather they just do more events/contests and not even bother playing the games. Like make them play horse or knock out or something.
    See my post above ... I'd happily add Horse and knockout (allowing interference) to the rotation of all star weekend events.

Drink All Day, Play All Night, Let's Get It Poppin
    This Rising Stars game was fire! Loved it. 🔥🔥😎😎

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast