Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Was Hitler bad?

Was Hitler bad?

So we all know Hitler killed millions of people. Does that make him bad? And if so, why?

"Wait till Next Year"
    Just Took on a Whole New Meaning!!!

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    So this is a troll to compare Hitler to who?

If it's anyone but Muhommed I will be shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

**** off, dude.
    this my sig

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    So this is a troll to compare Hitler to who?

If it's anyone but Muhommed I will be shocked.
    Honestly not comparing Hitler to anyone. If later in this thread it is revealed that I am comparing him to someone... you may dicatate the punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    **** off, dude.
    Compulsively responding to my posts when you have no interest in me is a problem you should work out with your therapist(s).

With a thread title like that how can you not comment lol?

Obviously yes he was bad.

Yes.
    Considering he believed himself a deity chosen to lead Germany into another World War, yes.

That he killed many millions of people is what made him a very bad person, one of the worst of the worst.

Have a feeling where this is going but I'll let you take it from here.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears Ė but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    That he killed many millions of people is what made him a very bad person, one of the worst of the worst.

Have a feeling where this is going but I'll let you take it from here.
    Of course itís going somewhere... why else have a message board?

I speaking about morality. Where does it come from? Why do we think/know Hitler is bad and someone like Mother Theresa was good?

Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    Compulsively responding to my posts when you have no interest in me is a problem you should work out with your therapist(s).
    It's a stupid question and obviously you have some silly ulterior motive at hand considering you posted said stupid question in the religious forum. Just cut the charade and tell us what point you think you're going to own us with and make it already.
    this my sig

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    It's a stupid question and obviously you have some silly ulterior motive at hand considering you posted said stupid question in the religious forum. Just cut the charade and tell us what point you think you're going to own us with and make it already.
    You need a doctor...

Of course itís going somewhere... why else have a message board?

I speaking about morality. Where does it come from? Why do we think/know Hitler is bad and someone like Mother Theresa was good?
    This question was trying to solve the answer to moral relativity? Whether there is objective or subjective morality in humans?

Well if you believe in God you believe that morality comes from God and without him there is no real morality. If you do not believe in God, you believe that morality is a combination of societal rules/values and evolutionary instincts.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    This question was trying to solve the answer to moral relativity? Whether there is objective or subjective morality in humans?

Well if you believe in God you believe that morality comes from God and without him there is no real morality. If you do not believe in God, you believe that morality is a combination of societal rules/values and evolutionary instincts.
    Correct... Kind of. This is about objective morality.

Assuming we are all innately moral, if you believe in God then you believe that he gave us morality.

If you donít believe in God, how can you say that Hitler was ďmorally badĒ?

If there is no objective source telling us right from wrong... then arenít we are just living to the morals that we determine? And if so, who are you to say that Hitler was bad?

Correct... Kind of. This is about objective morality.

Assuming we are all innately moral, if you believe in God then you believe that he gave us morality.

If you donít believe in God, how can you say that Hitler was ďmorally badĒ?

If there is no objective source telling us right from wrong... then arenít we are just living to the morals that we determine? And if so, who are you to say that Hitler was bad?
    This is a pretty lazy and old argument from Christians to try to vilify atheists by insinuating they have no morality.

Before I answer the question, I have to ask, if you personally didn't believe in God (let's say you found out tomorrow it wasn't true), would you think what Hitler did was OK?

yep. His genocide wasn't in the name of some god, so he is bad.

That is how we divide it, right?

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast