Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug3 View Post
    All I know is everyone else in the division got better and we did not.
    you don't get better by dishing out huge contracts lmao

who did you want us to get that's been signed? i'll wait

NFL Network's Aditi Kinkhabwala reports free agent Frank Gore will visit the Lions this week.

The Lions must be seeing how many 30-plus-year-old running backs they can talk to in one week. They've already set up visits with Jonathan Stewart and DeMarco Murray; Stewart signed with the Giants on Tuesday. This will be Gore's first
    via rotoworld

So, it seems like they are going for a power back, of any age evidently. Singing a guy like Gore would mean the Lions are likely to take another back.

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post

Plus there's plenty of free agents left... There's nobody off the board that has me thinking "damn wish the Lions got that guy"
    Butler was overpaid (got more than Slay iirc)
    Hyde still out there
    Poe still available
    Wilerkson was a good under the radar signing IMO... Would've been a good signing for the Lions

👑
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    and Syracuse has sucked for years
    Wish my wife's name was Syracuse.

Gore, Stewart, Murray lmao

SOL

Hyde signed with the Browns, Crowell with the Jets. Lewis with the Titans. So looks like Lions are set on bringing in a cheap vet on a 1 year. If they sign any of those vets to anything more than that, might have to fire Bob Quinn already. I mean, I'd do it anyway, but yeah, looks like we're spending an early pick on RB.

All I know is everyone else in the division got better and we did not.
    Pretty much. Everyone got upgrades so far except us. Minnesota upgrade at QB, GB may have upgraded at interior depending on if Mo Wilk tries, then they get Jimmy Graham who is just a bigger version of Jordy at this point in their respective careers. Bears upgraded every part of their offense, which given, wasn't hard to build on, but still did it. We've replaced backup linebackers with backup linebackers who are bigger in size, but not any better output wise, and re-signed 2 fringe starters (depending on what you think of Nevin Lawson). By and large, we've essentially put together the same team we had last year so far.

That said, there are still some guys out there that make sense, I just don't know how serious we are about any of them. There really isn't much rumor wise outside of the veteran backs and the few things about the CBs before they signed.

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    Gore, Stewart, Murray lmao

SOL
    Aye, at least the worst of the 3 was signed by the team that has a run game as anemic as ours. The poor stay poors

Quote Originally Posted by Zspooner View Post
    Pretty much. Everyone got upgrades so far except us. Minnesota upgrade at QB, GB may have upgraded at interior depending on if Mo Wilk tries, then they get Jimmy Graham who is just a bigger version of Jordy at this point in their respective careers. Bears upgraded every part of their offense, which given, wasn't hard to build on, but still did it. We've replaced backup linebackers with backup linebackers who are bigger in size, but not any better output wise, and re-signed 2 fringe starters (depending on what you think of Nevin Lawson). By and large, we've essentially put together the same team we had last year so far.

That said, there are still some guys out there that make sense, I just don't know how serious we are about any of them. There really isn't much rumor wise outside of the veteran backs and the few things about the CBs before they signed.
    Suh is still an option.

We didn't spend a ton, we backed off of guys that wanted a huge payday.

Other than re-signing Kerry Hyder, we haven't done anything to bolster our horrible d-line.

I wouldn't mind adding Adrien Clayborn and then drafting a DT, OG, and HB in the first 3 rounds of the draft.

Its to early to panic yet. There are still some good free agents available. The only thing that I have been disappointed by so far was the Nevin Lawson resigning. That was not worth the money. I fully believe that Bob Quin is a very quiet and under the radar type of GM and he probably already has a move or 2 already done just not announced. Im guessing that Poe, Richardson, or Sitton are on their radar and potentially already agreed to a deal with at least 1 of them. And as far as Frank Gore goes, he may be at the end of his career but he hasnt missed a game since 2010 and he has at least 850 rushing every year since 2006. I get that hes old and all that but what a great person to have on the roster as a mentor and depth. Hes not going to cost that much. Id rather have him than Murray. They are still going to draft a RB early. Why not have a cheap guy on the roster who has been the model of consistency for a very long time to teach the young guys.

Gore as a Lion wouldn’t reach 500 yards for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post

The point is everyone in our division got better and we didn’t. I understand not dishing out big contracts, but sometimes you need to in order to get good players. I wouldn’t want to for butler. But Suh or Poe maybe. I’d much rather trade Ebron to get us more cap.
    2015 Detroit Lions Prediction Game WINNER

looks like Fells signed with the browns
    3yr 12 mil
    ^^ Our 27th Savior ^^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    Gore as a Lion wouldn’t reach 500 yards for the season.
    Gore is done, I HAVE NO clue why we're inviting these busted broken old RB's in for a visit... I'm guessing we're going young in the draft and need a veteran mentor? Maybe with a high pick? So we are basically buying insurance?
    ^^ Our 27th Savior ^^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

The point is everyone in our division got better and we didn’t. I understand not dishing out big contracts, but sometimes you need to in order to get good players. I wouldn’t want to for butler. But Suh or Poe maybe. I’d much rather trade Ebron to get us more cap.
    Packers didn't improve.
    Vikings on Paper did but Cousins won't play like Keenum did during last years run.
    Bears did improve.

Pass on Poe he has motor issues doesn't always give 100 percent. He was great this season cause he wanted the big money he struggled in 16 mightily which is why he took a 1 year deal in ATL. Suh is not coming back as fun as it would be its not happening.

As for Ebron if there was a deal for him that worked great but we would have no TE other then Michael Roberts and Fells signed in CLE and the market is thin and draft class is weak at TE.

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast