Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I think they can do it IF they all stay healthy and consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    I don't doubt it will happen. I'd bet one of them would lead the team. I'm just saying I wouldn't be totally surprised.
    I actually would be, barring injury, surprised if it wasn't one of those two. Maybe Sanchez wouldn't be a surprise but anyone else on the Yankees, I'd be very surprised.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I actually would be, barring injury, surprised if it wasn't one of those two. Maybe Sanchez wouldn't be a surprise but anyone else on the Yankees, I'd be very surprised.
    This.

Gregorious in particular is not a name that belongs anywhere in this conversation. And that's to take nothing away from Didi, very solid player. There's no reasonable scenario where he leads this Yankee team in HR's in 2018.

Sanchez has the power to do it, but he's a catcher and I highly doubt he hits more homers than Judge or Stanton.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    The record is 264 by the 97 Mariners

The Yankees hit 241 last season, have added Stanton, and should be getting a major boost with Bird at 1B. Even with a little drop-off from G and Judge they should still threaten that mark. I could see them hitting 270.

Thoughts?
    HRs will decline in 2018.
    2017 was a spike year like 1987.

1985 HR: 3602
    1986 HR: 3813
    1987 HR: 4458
    1988 HR: 3180
    1989 HR: 3083

Why? I dunno. Spikes happen.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

A lot also depends on the climate of the league as well. If there are 6K HRs again and punch and Judy types are getting in the double digits, then, good health provided, I think G and Judge blow way past 40 again. They could get 120 or so from those 2 and Sanchez, so the remaining 7 or 8 hitters would need to combine for another 150, which is a long shot obviously, yet somewhat feasible.

Gregorius has a perfect swing for that RF in YS. I wouldn't be surprised to see him over 20 again. I'm a big believer in Bird, he reminds me so much of Paul O'Neill and when he's healthy, he rakes. Between those 2 and Hicks I think you get another 50 at least and probably around 60.

I think they're going to make it very interesting and the record should be within reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post

Not too sure about this. I feel like the players have bought into the Statcast movement and you have more hitters than ever before actively trying to get the ball in the air. Couple that with a possible "juiced ball" and this could be the new normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post

I don't know. I truly believe balls have been spiked in an effort to make the game more interesting and watchable for a casual fan. Manfred will never own up to it though. But given all these changes he's trying to make to make the game more appealing, I have no reason to doubt that he has ordered the balls to be juiced.

Of course they have a chance but what looks like a great thing on paper doesnít always come to fruition. Regressions, injuries, pitchers adjusting to sophmore Judge, Stanton seeing different pitchers he hasnít consistently faced, etc.

I just donít think itís going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    Of course they have a chance but what looks like a great thing on paper doesnít always come to fruition. Regressions, injuries, pitchers adjusting to sophmore Judge, Stanton seeing different pitchers he hasnít consistently faced, etc.

I just donít think itís going to happen.
    I remember when the 2015 Nationals were argued as having the best rotation of all time.

Then they posted a 3.70 starter ERA, 7th best in baseball, 6th best in the NL

I remember when the 2015 Nationals were argued as having the best rotation of all time.

Then they posted a 3.70 starter ERA, 7th best in baseball, 6th best in the NL
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...1#post29533491

To where it started

What was that nycericanguy smokin? All up in arms over that deal because ďMax isnít even that goodĒ

Sharp

10:16

Can the rest of the Yankees roster hit enough home runs to carry Judge, Sanchez, and Stanton's total and break the single season record?

Jeff Sullivan

10:16

I'll write about this when we actually get ZiPS information included

Last time I checked, which was a few weeks ago, Steamer thinks the Yankees will end up second in home runs, behind the Orioles(!)

But I'd like to get ZiPS as well before I publish anything
    Article should be coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    What was that nycericanguy smokin? All up in arms over that deal because ďMax isnít even that goodĒ
    There were a lot of questions surrounding that contract when Scherzer signed it and whether or not it would pan out long-term since he was such a late bloomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lincecum4CY View Post
    I don't know. I truly believe balls have been spiked in an effort to make the game more interesting and watchable for a casual fan. Manfred will never own up to it though. But given all these changes he's trying to make to make the game more appealing, I have no reason to doubt that he has ordered the balls to be juiced.
    More HRís also = higher salary demands.

Anyway, ppl said the same in 1987. There was an adjustment in 1988 and HR numbers slipped significantly. What caused the bump and what caused the drop I donít know, maybe pitchers adjusted, maybe they changed from Australian wool to wool from Panama and thereís a difference.

I dont think the bump in HR was intentional last year, jmo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast