Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    You do realize the majority of gun murders are committed in high crime inner cities with guns that are typically 10-15 y/o?

Gun laws wonít change those gun murders. The US has an inner city crime problem, not a gun problem.
    How are those inner city people getting guns?

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

People will be able to acquire guns whether they're legal or illegal. Heroine is illegal. And it is a HUGE problem, that **** is everywhere.

Banning guns does not remove the problem. Would it help? Personally idk, id venture to say no

You do realize the majority of gun murders are committed in high crime inner cities with guns that are typically 10-15 y/o?

Gun laws wonít change those gun murders. The US has an inner city crime problem, not a gun problem.
    And the majority of those guns are bought as legal weapons and then sold illegally to the gangs and inner city criminals.

You know what would solve that problem? A national gun registry of sales by serial number. Then you just arrest the guys that you trace the gun sales back to. Since we don't have that now, they just go across state lines and we never know who illegally sold the guns...

The US has both an inner city crime problem and a gun problem.

The US has more homicides via guns than most other industrialized nations, but then when you take those out we still have the most mass shootings, the most accidental gun deaths, and the most suicides, in most instances by far.

There is not a single area where we are not leading the world when it comes to gun deaths, so to say it's only an inner city crime problem is really burying your head in the sand to all the data, which is irrefutable at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Illegally.

Even if they are originally purchased legally. No amount of increased scrutiny will stop the original sale.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    And the majority of those guns are bought as legal weapons and then sold illegally to the gangs and inner city criminals.

You know what would solve that problem? A national gun registry of sales by serial number. Then you just arrest the guys that you trace the gun sales back to. Since we don't have that now, they just go across state lines and we never know who illegally sold the guns...

The US has both an inner city crime problem and a gun problem.

The US has more homicides via guns than most other industrialized nations, but then when you take those out we still have the most mass shootings, the most accidental gun deaths, and the most suicides, in most instances by far.

There is not a single area where we are not leading the world when it comes to gun deaths, so to say it's only an inner city crime problem is really burying your head in the sand to all the data, which is irrefutable at this point.
    So first of all, you admit the guns that are used in the vast majority of gun murders are purchased illegally? The original sale may be legal and it doesnít seem any amount of gun laws will stop that original sale.

And now you donít only want more background checks but also a national registry? Do we see the direction that one side is willing to go?

The entire gun debate in politics is about money. Specifically, the money that comes in from the NRA to Republicans. The democrats naturally want to weaken that. Thereís no correlation between gun ownership and gun murders in the US. Thats the truth.

Also, even if thereís a national registry. How do you stop the gun murders that happen daily? Again, they are 10-15 years old. I guess just let shoot each other right?

Illegally.

Even if they are originally purchased legally. No amount of increased scrutiny will stop the original sale.
    auditing gun owners yearly will help this. I promise you that.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

auditing gun owners yearly will help this. I promise you that.
    Maybe at some point in the future. But what about the guns already owned either in the inner cities or by the sellers? It could take decades to have an impact.

Maybe at some point in the future. But what about the guns already owned either in the inner cities or by the sellers? It could take decades to have an impact.
    So lets not care about our grandchildren?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    So lets not care about our grandchildren?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What about our children? Donít they matter too?

I am not a gun owner, and indifferent to guns in general. But 99% of Americans will stop reading right there man. It's engrained into us haha
    I definitely understand that point. Even if I don't agree with it. Another parent brought up an excellent point. "If my child is hitting another child with a stick, I don't blame the stick, but I still take the stick away from them".

I agree and disagree. Other countries have done it and it has significantly reduced gun crime. So yes people would still own illegal weapons, but you would see a decrease in gun related crimes and after a few generations the difference would be huge. It wouldn't happen overnight, but there is no easy solution to the problem.

One thing that is really scary to me, is the thought of adding more guns by arming teachers and having armed guards.

we need to start somewhere man. If someone has a gun registered to them and they can't show proof of possession, they lose every gun they have. It's a start

Hats off to Parkland police chief Israel for standing firmly with the students and being apart of that community in their desire to solve this problem. Wish we ( in the black community) could form a bond like that. We are all in this together.

A kick in the arse to NRA spoke woman Dana Loesch for criticizing the media for only capitalizing off grieving white parents for rating while ignoring all the grieving black parents in Chicago and NYC. This is about showcasing a problem and seeking remedies. Yes, it is piss poor that grieving black parents get shun, but let's just be happy that, finally, the concern for our children safety is being highlight at all and maybe something will be done for all our children to feel safe in our school system.

Basically little Dana would prefer the media ignore grieving white parents as they do grieving black parents. Keep this problem in the media darkness and not upset people into seeking gun control. What a sell out.
    Last edited by WES445; 02-23-2018 at 11:54 AM.

A lot of guns, that comes into Chicago, are brought in Indiana where they have lax gun laws in comparison to Illinois.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789