Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    So you're saying an intruder with a knife would beat a homeowner with a knife? If that is the case, wouldn't an intruder with a gun beat a homeowner with a gun and therefore the gun is useless?
    No Iím saying specifically him.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    So you're saying an intruder with a knife would beat a homeowner with a knife? If that is the case, wouldn't an intruder with a gun beat a homeowner with a gun and therefore the gun is useless?
    Anytime I envision a knife fight it's a martial arts masterpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    No Iím saying specifically him.
    Lol

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

No matter how many school shootings or mass shootings, we will never find a way to prevent them as long as Congress replies every time as Paul Ryan and Trump did this week and earlier--"This is not the time to discuss it. We need more time to get the facts straight." The "right" time never seems to arrive, and I as the expert at write papers for me company suspect it won't as long as the NRA is doling out cash to protect its interests.
    Last edited by aki33; 02-22-2018 at 04:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    A lot of these school shooters also listen to the same type of music, watch the same movies and play the same video games, should we ban them as well?

In a much broader sense, most gun murders are committed with 10-15 y/o guns which were purchased illegally by the criminal. A good start, would be banning those weapons.
    People in every part of the world listen to the same music and watch the same movies. Why doesn't it happen elsewhere? Banning all guns is necessary. Obviously it would not be possible to get everyone to turn in their guns, but you offer enough money you could get a lot of them off of the street and out of peoples hands.

Let's face it, the real reason guns haven't been banned already is $$$ and companies use mass scare tactics to keep the American public believing that the only way to be safe is to own guns, not one, but multiple guns. And the tactic has worked, but it's false, you don't need to be afraid.

Change is scary, I know. Most people hate change, even when it's for the best of the entire population of a country. This is a change that needs to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Stupid statement. I said there should be stricter gun laws requiring a license and written / shooting test but taking them away completely is not the answer.

So hunters can no longer hunt and no one can own a gun for protection in their home? Someone in my neighborhood was broken into and stabbed to death. He didn't own a gun. If he did maybe he wouldn't have left his wife and kids behind.

Some people want to ban ALL guns and remove them from everyone who already owns one. That's ****ing ludacris. Home invasions will never end and if I want one to protect my family, I should have that right.

For the record I don't currently own one, but plan to.
    There is literally no need for a citizen in any country to own a gun. (You can hunt without a gun and the population control required by hunting is scientifically inaccurate). Stating otherwise is ignoring facts from every pretty much every other country around the world. Why are Americans so afraid? I know a couple people with guns up here, they're all locked up. Guess how many home invasions we've been victims of, (multiply by 0, carry the one....) none, zero. I do know people whose homes have been invaded, they were all drug dealers.

I don't even think police officers should carry guns, they should have non lethal weapons, but not guns. They should be saved for SWAT or whatever. (This does actually happen in several countries). In some of these countries, only high ranking officers carry weapons locked in their cars, and can distribute as needed at a scene when it may be required, this would help with police shootings.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Pretty sure an ADT alarm system is cheaper and easier to get than a gun.

Alarm system + knives and bats in every closet makes me feel pretty safe, idk.
    A good alarm system and a dog. But hey, I come from Canada where we are immersed in American culture (music, movies, everything) and we don't lock our doors at night?

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    People in every part of the world listen to the same music and watch the same movies. Why doesn't it happen elsewhere? Banning all guns is necessary. Obviously it would not be possible to get everyone to turn in their guns, but you offer enough money you could get a lot of them off of the street and out of peoples hands.

Let's face it, the real reason guns haven't been banned already is $$$ and companies use mass scare tactics to keep the American public believing that the only way to be safe is to own guns, not one, but multiple guns. And the tactic has worked, but it's false, you don't need to be afraid.

Change is scary, I know. Most people hate change, even when it's for the best of the entire population of a country. This is a change that needs to happen.

There is literally no need for a citizen in any country to own a gun. (You can hunt without a gun and the population control required by hunting is scientifically inaccurate). Stating otherwise is ignoring facts from every pretty much every other country around the world. Why are Americans so afraid? I know a couple people with guns up here, they're all locked up. Guess how many home invasions we've been victims of, (multiply by 0, carry the one....) none, zero. I do know people whose homes have been invaded, they were all drug dealers.

I don't even think police officers should carry guns, they should have non lethal weapons, but not guns. They should be saved for SWAT or whatever. (This does actually happen in several countries). In some of these countries, only high ranking officers carry weapons locked in their cars, and can distribute as needed at a scene when it may be required, this would help with police shootings.

A good alarm system and a dog. But hey, I come from Canada where we are immersed in American culture (music, movies, everything) and we don't lock our doors at night?

Lololol. Iím from NYC and I know people over here who donít lock their doors...****ing baffling.

A dog is a great point that I forgot about. Big or small, itís all about the bark. Most people go running the opposite way when they hear them lol.

Lololol. Iím from NYC and I know people over here who donít lock their doors...****ing baffling.

A dog is a great point that I forgot about. Big or small, itís all about the bark. Most people go running the opposite way when they hear them lol.
    not only that, but a dog will alert you to an intruder well before the actual danger is there. Home base is the easiest place to defend, you know it like the back of your hand.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

I am not a gun owner, and indifferent to guns in general. But 99% of Americans will stop reading right there man. It's engrained into us haha

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    not only that, but a dog will alert you to an intruder well before the actual danger is there. Home base is the easiest place to defend, you know it like the back of your hand.
    Funny story.

I live in an apartment building on the first floor and one day, my next door neighbor had a fight with his girlfriend then stormed off and punched the hallway window shattering it into hundreds of pieces. Thatís some tough *** glass but my neighbor was a big dude.

My CAT heard the glass shatter from my bed and hurried up to get on my chest and started growling like he had rabies. That was his way of trying to keep my safe and he pointed himself in the exact direction where the glass broke.

My catís pretty damn big (heís taller than my 2 year old nephew, probably about 2ft 8inches standing up? But heís still a cat. My neighbors 20lb Maine coon is scared of him lol. Regardless, heís still just a cat.

I am not a gun owner, and indifferent to guns in general. But 99% of Americans will stop reading right there man. It's engrained into us haha
    We're not so far removed from the great Western migration where a gun was absolutely essential for food, protection, etc. We're also not so far removed from the Great Northern Aggression.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

In the future if no legislation is passed and if I have a family of my own, I might as well buy a gun too. Especially if nobodyís doing anything to make it difficult (although thatís doubtful in NY)

In the future if no legislation is passed and if I have a family of my own, I might as well buy a gun too. Especially if nobodyís doing anything to make it difficult (although thatís doubtful in NY)
    why not just get a rocket launcher? I was made aware yesterday that is possible.

why not just get a rocket launcher? I was made aware yesterday that is possible.
    Brown guy with a rocket launcher?

Iíll go out and shout ĎAllenís Snackbarí while Iím at it.

You do realize the majority of gun murders are committed in high crime inner cities with guns that are typically 10-15 y/o?

Gun laws wonít change those gun murders. The US has an inner city crime problem, not a gun problem.

Brown guy with a rocket launcher?

Iíll go out and shout ĎAllenís Snackbarí while Iím at it.
    hahaha

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast