Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 141 of 141 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 2110
    Good information for the offseason related to the roster

https://www.truebluela.com/2018/10/2...2018-offseason

Is Muncy capable of playing 2nd on an everyday basis? If so. We could always move Turner to first base and re-sign Machado to play 3rd but something tells me the front office never had any intentions of resigning Machado. Which is why I find big deadline moves to be stupid if you don't plan on doing everything in your power to re-sign that player.
    Last edited by Big R; 10-29-2018 at 10:45 AM.
    Fire Friedman!

Quote Originally Posted by Big R View Post
    Not only do we need to get rid of Roberts. We need to overhaul that lineup big time. Relying on the long ball proved to be a failure and something that doesn't work in the postseason.

Let Grandal walk
    Sign Wilson Ramos
    Sign or trade for a true leadoff hitter who can actually get on base and make things happen with his speed
    Any relievers that they can get
    Move Kike to the bench
    Get rid of one or two of those outfielders

That's just for starters...
    We have a ton of catchers in the minors, the only way Ramos makes sense is on a one year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Big R View Post
    Is Muncy capable of playing 2nd on an everyday basis? If so. We could always move Turner to first base and re-sign Machado to play 3rd but something tells me the front office never had any intentions of resigning Machado. Which is why I find big deadline moves to be stupid if you don't plan on doing everything in your power to re-sign that player.
    Sorta but not ideally. Honestly, at that point, we'd just be better off playing Machado at 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    In reality the Dodgers overachieved this year by making it to the WS. It helped that we didn't have to face the Cubs who we certainly would have lost to but the season played out as expected. The 3 of the 4 frontline players didn't perform again (Kershaw/Jansen/Machado). Turner was the only one who performed.

The regular season success is a mirage and simply a function of the Dodgers resources. Unlimited middling pitching combined with the ability to add slightly above average hitting by taking on future $ has led to an enormous advantage over our competitors.

All this will continue for the foreseeable future as the Dodgers will convince themselves that the return of Seager next spring along with some dumpster fire moves during the offseason will return the Dodgers to the World Series again. There will be no major FA signing nor will there be a Machado in LA next year. Of course we will make some decent moves at the deadline again but alas it will not be enough.

Anyway, enjoy the offseason... Dodgers fans get what they deserve. A ****** FO and a clueless manager
    A lot of this is true. (Though Puig performed really well too, I thought he got jipped out of NLCS MVP, he totally outplayed Bellinger)
    The AL was so much stronger this year.

Honestly the dodgers need to win the world series soon, the Padres minor league system is too good to keep that team this bad for long.
    Their about to replace the DBacks/Giants as our compitition in the division, and they look like they could be much better than both.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    Good information for the offseason related to the roster

https://www.truebluela.com/2018/10/2...2018-offseason
    I wouldn't be against bringing Mochado or Ryu back, everyone else can **** off though.

Get that draft pick for Grandal.

This loss sucked, but you kinda knew the Dodgers were playing with house money from the start of the postseason.

Last year was the one that hurt.

Bye Kershaw. It was good while it lasted (in the regular season at least).

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Merged all the 2018 threads into here and changed title. If you would like to discuss anything related to 2018, that happened on the field; continue here.