Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    True GP fans that are daily observers know more from guys that look at stats an predict. Lets just be positive that Avi may have arrived as a dependable bat for years.

Rays in rebuild mode. DFA Corey Dickerson: https://www.draysbay.com/2018/2/18/1...on-rebuild-wow

Braves are interested. This might be a good pick up. Age 28 that give another older Vet for Abreu and won't break the bank being owed 500K by the Rays. Send them a package that includes Tilson.

Rays make no sense. They have an awful offense and they DFA an all-star? I know he fell off in 2nd half, but..... Why? I would love to grab him.

On another note,...Charlie Tilson is healthy and I'm excited to see what he can do. If he can produce with the bat, our OF situation looks a lot better.

White Sox & Redskins Forever

I've always liked Dickerson so i'd gladly take him. I think at worst he's still an upgrade over Matt Davidson at DH everyday.

I also don't mind sticking with what you got. I think you have one last year to evaluate what you have before you want to start progressing towards being a winning team.

White Sox GM Rick Hahn spoke with the media at the team’s Spring Training facility today and downplayed the possibility of adding a player to the 25-man roster. Hahn acknowledged having conversations with all 29 other clubs as teams still try to set their rosters in a slow-moving offseason, but said that the Sox are “preparing right now [to] choose the 25 from the group that’s in camp.” Asked about the potential of bringing in a designated hitter option (e.g. Corey Dickerson), Hahn spoke of the trickle-down effect such a move would make in evaluating longer-term assets. “[W]hat does that do to Matt Davidson or Nicky Delmonico or Daniel Palka or Casey Gillaspie or guys who conceivably might be picking up at-bats if we stay with the current roster?” Hahn asked rhetorically. “We’re at a stage right now when we talk about development over the course of this year, it’s important for us to know what we have in these guys at the end of this season.”

Quote Originally Posted by Cash View Post
    I've always liked Dickerson so i'd gladly take him. I think at worst he's still an upgrade over Matt Davidson at DH everyday.
    Pittsburgh got him for Daniel Hudson + another minor leaguer
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Dickerson traded to Pirates for our old buddy Daniel Hudson..........so that conversation is over.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cash View Post
    I also don't mind sticking with what you got. I think you have one last year to evaluate what you have before you want to start progressing towards being a winning team.

White Sox GM Rick Hahn spoke with the media at the team’s Spring Training facility today and downplayed the possibility of adding a player to the 25-man roster. Hahn acknowledged having conversations with all 29 other clubs as teams still try to set their rosters in a slow-moving offseason, but said that the Sox are “preparing right now [to] choose the 25 from the group that’s in camp.” Asked about the potential of bringing in a designated hitter option (e.g. Corey Dickerson), Hahn spoke of the trickle-down effect such a move would make in evaluating longer-term assets. “[W]hat does that do to Matt Davidson or Nicky Delmonico or Daniel Palka or Casey Gillaspie or guys who conceivably might be picking up at-bats if we stay with the current roster?” Hahn asked rhetorically. “We’re at a stage right now when we talk about development over the course of this year, it’s important for us to know what we have in these guys at the end of this season.”

He also said something about hoping Rodon would be pitching before mid-season...Other than Delmonico, who on "the current roster" hits effectively from the left side? My-name-is-Yolmer Sanchez isn't bad, but he strikes out a ton.

I'd be surprised if Palka or Gillespie or Tilson made the 25, when they have to keep Willy Garcia or see if he clears waivers - and noting that Cordell may be more ready than the rest.

I think it was Morosi throwing rumors around about the Sox being in play for Moustakas. I was talking to some guys last night about it and basically we thought this.

If Moustakas would sign for 4yrs/$68M, the Sox should sign him and here’s why.

The Sox have Jake Burger for 3B in the system and Yolmer Sanchez at the big league level. Burger may end up as a 1B defensively and rumor has it that 3B is the spot they want to lock up from outside the organization fairly soon.

This is all a moot point if Moustakas won’t sign for the money I suggested earlier. And I threw this out there as a possible 2019 opening day lineup and rotation.

How about this?
    1. Moncada 2B
    2. Robert CF
    3. Jimenez LF
    4. Abreu 1B
    5. Moustakas 3B
    6. Avi RF
    7. Delmonico DH
    8. Castillo C
    9. Anderson SS

1. Rodon
    2. Kopech
    3. Giolito
    4. Lopez
    5. Hansen
    BP: Burdi/Fulmer/Jones

The chances the White Sox actually sign Machado is pretty small. Even Josh Donaldson is very unlikely. If the Sox can get a guy who’s averaged almost a 3 fWAR his last two healthy seasons on the cheap, they should do it. He’s a very solid defender and a lefty for the lineup that would be a nice complimentary 5 or 6 hitter. Plus it allows Yolmer to be a super sub playing all the infield positions except 1B.

Like I said earlier, if he won’t sign for around 4yrs/$68M, then this is a moot point in my mind. Just something the Sox should consider.

I also think the Sox should go to Abreu and offer him a deal that looks like this.

‘18- $13M (already agreed upon)
    ‘19- $18M (final year of arb/control)
    ‘20- $20M
    ‘21- $20M
    ‘22- $20M team option

So that’s a 4yr/$71M deal that could be 5yr/$91M. Pretty good for a guy entering his age 31 season. Get him slightly less than what JD Martinez just got from the Red Sox.

Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    I think it was Morosi throwing rumors around about the Sox being in play for Moustakas. I was talking to some guys last night about it and basically we thought this.

If Moustakas would sign for 4yrs/$68M, the Sox should sign him and here’s why.

The Sox have Jake Burger for 3B in the system and Yolmer Sanchez at the big league level. Burger may end up as a 1B defensively and rumor has it that 3B is the spot they want to lock up from outside the organization fairly soon.

This is all a moot point if Moustakas won’t sign for the money I suggested earlier. And I threw this out there as a possible 2019 opening day lineup and rotation.

How about this?
    1. Moncada 2B
    2. Robert CF
    3. Jimenez LF
    4. Abreu 1B
    5. Moustakas 3B
    6. Avi RF
    7. Delmonico DH
    8. Castillo C
    9. Anderson SS

1. Rodon
    2. Kopech
    3. Giolito
    4. Lopez
    5. Hansen
    BP: Burdi/Fulmer/Jones

The chances the White Sox actually sign Machado is pretty small. Even Josh Donaldson is very unlikely. If the Sox can get a guy who’s averaged almost a 3 fWAR his last two healthy seasons on the cheap, they should do it. He’s a very solid defender and a lefty for the lineup that would be a nice complimentary 5 or 6 hitter. Plus it allows Yolmer to be a super sub playing all the infield positions except 1B.

Like I said earlier, if he won’t sign for around 4yrs/$68M, then this is a moot point in my mind. Just something the Sox should consider.
    Plus there is still so many prospects that aren’t even mentioned here. Pitchers you have Cease, Dunning, Adams, Guerrero, etc and position prospects like Adolfo, Rutherford, Burger, Sheets, Basabe, etc. The Sox are in a damn good position right now.

even others to keep an eye on....Selby Zalvala,Ian Clarkin and Craig Dedelow. Oh and you forgot Zack Collins and whoever we draft this year...
    Last edited by coconut; 02-25-2018 at 01:17 PM.

Few concerns I have with Moustakas.
    1. He will cost us our 2nd round pick
    2. He just doesn’t seem like a player that’s going to age well defensively. I can see him as a 1-2 WAR type player moving forward. Remind nds me of a left handed Frazier offensively, but worse defensively.

I wouldn’t be mad if we signed him to the deal above, but I wouldn’t be overly excited.

1000% on board with extending Abreu, and with all things considered, would think we have just as good as shot as anyone to sign Machado next year, and playing him at SS if that’s what he wants.

That was the 2019 lineup...I don’t see Collins being a part of that unless there are huge improvements. Castillo will most likely be starter next 2 years. I also think Robert is more likely 2020 or mid next year as well. No need to rush him

And yes.... I think we all agree we are excited to see how this team shakes up in the next two years. There’s an excitement that’s been missing for the past 10 years

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast