Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    The future starting 5 ......Kopech, Giolito, Cease, Hansen, Dunning/Lopez........Rodon & Fulmer traded......

White Sox & Redskins Forever

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    The future starting 5 ......Kopech, Giolito, Cease, Hansen, Dunning/Lopez........Rodon & Fulmer traded......
    Rodon can go if he's ever healthy, Fulmer is headed to the pen. I'm not sure what value you think he has?
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Well, I have no idea of Fulmer's trade value,but, I'm sure there would be a little interest because of his college years...as does Rodon. I hope they both rebound and are part of this team going forward,but, in case they do not.......our starting pitching still looks to be good.

Rodon's "softness" and his inevitable contract demands (Boras) will probably do him in - in Chicago.
    The future is definitely bright for the Sox, especially with regards to the pitching staff.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    Rodon's "softness" and his inevitable contract demands (Boras) will probably do him in - in Chicago.
    The future is definitely bright for the Sox, especially with regards to the pitching staff.
    Yep, at least we still control him for 4 more years. He still can play a huge part for us in that timeframe if healthy.

Tilson, Vieira, and Ynoa all sent down................looks like Cordell might stick.
    I like Cordells versatility. Could be a solid utility guy

I like that Stephenson kid as well.
    Last edited by garypeters; 03-09-2018 at 10:46 AM.

Luis Robert out 10 weeks with a sprained thumb. Expected to be back late May/early June. This sucks. Injuries have been rough this spring.

Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Luis Robert out 10 weeks with a sprained thumb. Expected to be back late May/early June. This sucks. Injuries have been rough this spring.
    Agreed...........That being said head first slides should be discouraged,especially in ST!

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    Agreed...........That being said head first slides should be discouraged,especially in ST!
    100% with you Bainsy. Id get rid of them all together if Im a team. Tell them to slide feet all the time.

Robert did not slide head first.
    Anyway it wasn't a serious injury.
    https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/news/wh...ks/c-268379062

Quote Originally Posted by garypeters View Post
    Robert did not slide head first.
    Anyway it wasn't a serious injury.
    https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/news/wh...ks/c-268379062
    Yea...I saw the play this morning. But when you hear finger,thumb,and wrist injuries on the base path's you think head first slide. His was a freak injury. He's out till May so its pretty significant.

Delmonico injured now. Hopefully nothing major.

How exciting is our future looking...Jimenez,Robert,Kopech all looking good...

Once the White Sox have another year of service time by holding Eloy Jimenez and Luis Robert back in the minors ( a few weeks), they could, and in my opinion they should bring both of them up as starters in our outfield, thus: Jiminez, Robert and Avi Garcia. Left, Center and Right.

I have heard most of the arguments for not binging them up and I acknowledge them. However, those arguments are not strong enough to convince me that the White Sox should hold these players down in the minors more than a few weeks. These are premium players with All Star talent that they can develop just as well if not better in the major league.

The sooner that the nucleus of this team gets used to playing with one another, the better. I'd like to see a line-up starting in May with:

Tim Anderson SS
    Moncada 2B
    Avisail Garcia RF
    Jose Abreu 1B
    Luis Robert CF
    Eloy Jiminez LF
    Matt Davidson, RH / YolmerSanchez, LH 3B
    Wellington Castillo, Catcher
    ? LH / ? RH DH

Saladino for sure as one of the utility players.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast