Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

lets say cavs win the title this year....

does lebron james retire after the season??
    my opinion for thinking its a real possibility: The guy has accomplished everything and more that you can at the pro level. Him going to another team does nothing for his personal legacy and goes in the opposite direction of what he said he wants for his family as far as staying in the ne ohio area so his boys can attend asvsm and be raised in the same community he was. The dominos almost seem to be falling in this way. Lets be real,he had a hand in these moves AND they kept the 1st round pick,which sets up the cavs to be above average even if he did retire. I understand he is playing at a high level (could be in running for mvp pretty much every year),but i just have a funny feeling lebron is going to go out on his terms...and i have a suspicion,if the cavs win it this season,he could once again shock the world and not take his talents to south beach or hollywood,but walk away from the game hes dominated the past 14 seasons.
    Last edited by krazylegz; 02-14-2018 at 05:02 AM.
    ....coooookie

Possibly.
    Last edited by HandsOnTheWheel; 02-14-2018 at 10:00 AM.

Dude is about the dollars. He can make more for his Brand playing vs. retiring and doing other projects.

Another thing if he wants his kids to grow up in Ohio, just re-sign with the Cavs. He can still make his cheddar and have his kids grow up where he did. He's too ambitious with his money to throw away 100 plus million and retire. It'd be different if he was a simple man like Duncan. Even Duncan played till he was 40 for the love of the game.

No

no...

1. Lebron loves Money and will suck every penny from cavs or any team he goes too. Will force a sign and trade in hte off-season if he does leave just so he can get that 35+ million a year.

2. Lebron is only 2000 points away from passing MJ on the scoring list you know he's going to pass that haha! only 8000 away from all-time scoring leader. I think he plays another 4-6 years. Even if he slows down a bunch he's still better then most NBA players. I say he has another 2-3 years of superstar play left in him. He can be a 15-8-10 guy for a few years also.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

There is an obvious answer and that is no. LeBron wants to cement his legacy, and he is going to put a stain on it by pulling a Michael Jordan and retiring too early. He would be an idiot if he doe, and we all know LeBron is no idiot.

But what is not so obvious is the ulterior motive to this thread. This is a classic, premature, Bleacher Report-esque idea that fans conjure up about their favourite players whenever a team experiences a change, where they go beyond foresight and enter fantasy land. This is all to bring attention to the same hype that has manifested in their souls with false hope of trying to convert non-fans, with this borderline humble brag however it just draws hate or over-analytical/critical responses that reflect the irony of it all.

No, he won't retire. He would be an idiot.

He loves the game too much and is still at the top of his game. So the answer is no.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Yeah, Lebron is going to take down every record he can first.
    D. Rob gives Hakeem 40/16/7/4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_RP3SvZ4O8
    D. Rob gives Alonzo 52/14/7
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-NRWNX7Z7Y
    D. Rob gives the Pistons 34/10/10/10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkpT0QdUDIY
    D. Rob gives the Clippers 71/14
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck4KXAydlkE
    D. Rob gives Shaq 36/13/7/6
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XivZd3mRVw
    D. Rob gives Ewing 45/16
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8Ddm9WVzjA
    IF YOU DON"T KNOW, NOW YOU KNOW

yes, if Lebron James won the title this year he would literally have nothing left to prove (which I think is already the case but some may see it differently), and would be able to finish out his career on his terms.

But he is still too damn good at basketball to retire, and he is too smart of a business man to forego these insane super max contracts that are being handed out. Guy could make upwards of $180 Million if he plays another 5 years, why would he ever pass up on that???!

I can't see it. Hes got too much at stake, for example being considered the best who ever played. He will need more accolades. I dont believe he had anything to do with the moves either, and i dont see him staying but i suppose if they win it all anything is possible then but thats a real long shot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    I can't see it. Hes got too much at stake, for example being considered the best who ever played. He will need more accolades. I dont bekieve he had anything to do with the moves either, and i dont see him staying but i suppose of they win it all anything is possible then but thats a real long shot.

Personally, I think the chances of him staying are better now. I don't think any team can add him for a super max without losing some key pieces and still be able to contend with GS. Houston for example would need to get rid of a bunch of guys, even then I don't think a trio cp/harden/james is enough. Kawhi/James and Pops trio might be something though, pops is so brilliant he might be able to cook something up, not sure if LeBron will go there though.

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    Another thing if he wants his kids to grow up in Ohio, just re-sign with the Cavs. He can still make his cheddar and have his kids grow up where he did. He's too ambitious with his money to throw away 100 plus million and retire. It'd be different if he was a simple man like Duncan. Even Duncan played till he was 40 for the love of the game.
    A sinple man who made over 240mill

Quote Originally Posted by cmellofan15 View Post
    A sinple man who made over 240mill
    That's true.

Still Duncan was a simple person by the way he lives, carries himself, doesn't draw attention to himself. He isn't about his Brand or self image.

Nothing wrong with Bron wanting to do what he's doing. Both guys view life differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    Personally, I think the chances of him staying are better now. I don't think any team can add him for a super max without losing some key pieces and still be able to contend with GS. Houston for example would need to get rid of a bunch of guys, even then I don't think a trio cp/harden/james is enough. Kawhi/James and Pops trio might be something though, pops is so brilliant he might be able to cook something up, not sure if LeBron will go there though.
    I dont know, i see houston, san antonio, toronto, the lakers and 76ers all as interesting and attractive destinations although i know roster shuffling would need to occur and cap situations i am not that familiar with.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast