Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Yeah, that's a flagrant foul. Going for the ball has nothing to do with it either. The attempt on the block ended with the foul ... everything after that initial arm to arm contact is where it becomes a flagrant.

Thatís an awful call, should have been a regular foul. It amazes me how people can say this league is soft and yet think that a guy blocking a shot should get a flagrant. Itís not his fault the guy doesnít know how to brace a fall or put himself in an awkward position to do so.
    If I drive I'm going to have to have a lot of drinks because I am very self conscious about my driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriors4lyfe12 View Post
    Samhan actually worked out with the warriors in 2010, but elected to go overseas instead of jumping into the NBA to make his game better. Actually i would compare him to a poor mans blake griffin
    Quote Originally Posted by lvdub2741 View Post
    We gave up Monta for a Bogut but we could have kept him gotten someone like Omar Samahan who is just like Bogut and kept Monta.
    Ah, some sports fans

def not a foul at all,not let alone a flagrant...wouldve been better off just the letting the dude dunk i guess
    ....coooookie

Its a ***** convention on PSD...

This is what the league has become that we now debate a common foul

Kinda like society... we focus on the outcome and not the intent

In reality it is Satoransky's fault because he is so unathletic he tried to make a play he shouldn't have... if you attack the rim like that you need to be able to protect yourself

The call should have been a jump ball at worse

I don't see the push that other people see. I'm a Bulls fan but I would be saying the same if the roles were switched.

You guys have been brainwashed. No way is they excessive or intentional. It was unfortunate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    It's not about being brainwashed. It's understanding how they call games. That's a flagrant 2 with the way they call the game now.
    And it shouldnít be by rule or common sense. How can an unintended natural motion be excessive? What you are saying is donít play hard

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    You guys have been brainwashed. No way is they excessive or intentional. It was unfortunate.

It's not about being brainwashed. It's understanding how they call games. That's a flagrant 2 with the way they call the game now.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    And it shouldnít be by rule or common sense. How can an unintended natural motion be excessive? What you are saying is donít play hard
    In the NFL if you make helmet to helmet contact it's supposed to be an automatic foul ... it doesn't matter if you intended to hit helmet to helmet it's your responsibility to avoid that contact. In this case the direct result of Portis blocking the shot was a player being upended. The result of a flagrant foul was easily predictable and likely is called that way 100 out of 100 times. The game IS softer now, and it's not going to go back to the way it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    In the NFL if you make helmet to helmet contact it's supposed to be an automatic foul ... it doesn't matter if you intended to hit helmet to helmet it's your responsibility to avoid that contact. In this case the direct result of Portis blocking the shot was a player being upended. The result of a flagrant foul was easily predictable and likely is called that way 100 out of 100 times. The game IS softer now, and it's not going to go back to the way it was.
    except this isn't the NFL and the offensive player has an equal responsibility to protect himself

who really cares what the rule is... the pussification of the league is complete with calls like this one.

The quality of play isn't better in the league... the players just don't have to worry about getting fouled anymore when they recklessly attack the rim which is what also creates all the open looks on the perimeter... anyone with a basic knowledge of basketball understands this fact.

To think guys in the 80s 90s and 00s wouldn't be equally good at exploiting the rule changes is laughable

the league wants a Vaggie league to appeal to the broadest audience (ie casual fans of the opposite sex)

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    And there is the problem, you along with many other think of the guy got hurt, automatic flagrant, that is just stupid people drinking the kool-aid, 12 people Iím front of them drank it and no longer have a pulse, so weíre next in line, I guess Iíll drink it too right? Just flat out stupid.
    If I drive I'm going to have to have a lot of drinks because I am very self conscious about my driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriors4lyfe12 View Post
    Samhan actually worked out with the warriors in 2010, but elected to go overseas instead of jumping into the NBA to make his game better. Actually i would compare him to a poor mans blake griffin
    Quote Originally Posted by lvdub2741 View Post
    We gave up Monta for a Bogut but we could have kept him gotten someone like Omar Samahan who is just like Bogut and kept Monta.
    Ah, some sports fans

At game speed, it is all ball. But when things slow down, we become mind readers. I get called foul for this all the time and its ridiculous. Its not a big man's fault when someone weak and feeble tries to go up strong, and when the defender has a hand on the ball they fall because they cannot muscle his shot in and as a result of natural physics tend to make someone with less core strength to lose body control.

Honestly, the Washington player when up strong with some explosion but Portis just so happens to be much stronger and had a hand on that ball. If the Washington player released the ball, then we would not be having this conversation but he was going for the dunk. What do you expect Portis to do? To let go mid air? No of course not. He is going to be exerting some strength here because he is trying to prevent a two handed slam, so he is going to be driving some force in the opposite direction. Unfortunately this one arm opposite force was stronger than the Washington players 2 hands and he took the worst of it simply because he didn't blow through Portis' block.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    Its a ***** convention on PSD...

This is what the league has become that we now debate a common foul

Kinda like society... we focus on the outcome and not the intent

In reality it is Satoransky's fault because he is so unathletic he tried to make a play he shouldn't have... if you attack the rim like that you need to be able to protect yourself

The call should have been a jump ball at worse
    That's because the majority of people here play guard and think they are Kobe Bryant playing hero ball. This is the problem when you play as a big man. Big men tend to weigh more and when they take contact such as a charge, they react less but the guard ricocheting off of them is crying foul.

Quote Originally Posted by mavwar53 View Post
    And there is the problem, you along with many other think of the guy got hurt, automatic flagrant, that is just stupid people drinking the kool-aid, 12 people Iím front of them drank it and no longer have a pulse, so weíre next in line, I guess Iíll drink it too right? Just flat out stupid.
    Actually that's not what I said at all. I'm saying based on the way they call it now, that's a flagrant 2.

PROCESSING

Heh, some of you are heated on this subject for absolutely no reason.

I don't know if anyone calling it excessive is necessarily agreeing that the rules SHOULD be that way. Seems they're just saying, "Hey, it's excessive in today's league."
    The Baker is coming.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast