Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 289 of 290 FirstFirst ... 189239279287288289290 LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,335 of 4350
  1. #4321
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    45,796
    The president of this country should certainly know better but confusing Colorado with Arizona when referring to the Denver Broncos is nowhere near the same as confusing Kansas with Missouri when referring to the Kansas City Chiefs.

    One is a common mistake, while the other would be a monumentally idiotic mistake.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  2. #4322
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    13,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Mixing up an AR-15 and AR-16? I wouldnt give to ***** about it. But if, say, Obama congratulated the Broncos on winning the SB and said they were from Arizona, then yes I would chuckle over it. If you can't see the difference between the president ****ing up simple geography and John Kerry mixing up 15 and 16, then that's on you.

    The thing with Trump is that he is petty af so he brings a lot of this **** on himself.

    In the end, you have no right to tell what anyone else should be critical of someone over. Capiche?
    Thank you Mr. Schiff.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

  3. #4323
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    10,670
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Thank you Mr. Schiff.
    Lulz

  4. #4324
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    10,670
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    The president of this country should certainly know better but confusing Colorado with Arizona when referring to the Denver Broncos is nowhere near the same as confusing Kansas with Missouri when referring to the Kansas City Chiefs.

    One is a common mistake, while the other would be a monumentally idiotic mistake.
    Probably. I didn't take the time to find an accurate comparison. My point was that the president not being able to understand basic geography is not even on the same plane as what Kerry said. ****, I'm not even a citizen of the US and I knew KC was in Missouri. It just seems that he wanted to get a dig in at the Niners that his fingers were moving faster then his brain was thinking. He's such a petty mother****er

  5. #4325
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    12,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Probably. I didn't take the time to find an accurate comparison. My point was that the president not being able to understand basic geography is not even on the same plane as what Kerry said. ****, I'm not even a citizen of the US and I knew KC was in Missouri. It just seems that he wanted to get a dig in at the Niners that his fingers were moving faster then his brain was thinking. He's such a petty mother****er
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH...oWasNhqDRp8E5M

    mistakes happen by everyone
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

    HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

    2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

  6. #4326
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    23,589
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Mixing up an AR-15 and AR-16? I wouldnt give to ***** about it. But if, say, Obama congratulated the Broncos on winning the SB and said they were from Arizona, then yes I would chuckle over it. If you can't see the difference between the president ****ing up simple geography and John Kerry mixing up 15 and 16, then that's on you.

    The thing with Trump is that he is petty af so he brings a lot of this **** on himself.

    In the end, you have no right to tell what anyone else should be critical of someone over. Capiche?
    you could have a point if I refused to criticize Trump, but of course that isn't reality.

    I can numerous times times criticize Trump, but it appears really difficult for PSD left to criticize these type on the left, over and over. I keep giving PSD left opportunities just like I did in the media thread with Don Lemon/guests laughing and mocking Trump supporters, and nothing from PSD left.

    it shouldn't be this hard to be bipartisan.
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

  7. #4327
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    10,670
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    you could have a point if I refused to criticize Trump, but of course that isn't reality.

    I can numerous times times criticize Trump, but it appears really difficult for PSD left to criticize these type on the left, over and over. I keep giving PSD left opportunities just like I did in the media thread with Don Lemon/guests laughing and mocking Trump supporters, and nothing from PSD left.

    it shouldn't be this hard to be bipartisan.
    In another thread you asked spliff why he made it about you. Why do you make this about other people

  8. #4328
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    10,670
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    True enough. They just happen more with this president, both mistakes and mistruths

  9. #4329
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,176

  10. #4330
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    13,365
    And to add, it was a bipartisan vote.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

  11. #4331
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bloomington, IL
    Posts
    4,919
    Most mod dems don't really have much interest in even common sense gun control. Not as long as the NRA keeps giving them money. From the article:

    The Senate has now rejected three of the governor's eight gun-control measures. Moderate Democrats have already voted with Republicans to kill a bill that would make it a felony to “recklessly leave a loaded, unsecured firearm” in a way that endangers a minor, and a bill that would require gun owners to report the loss or theft of a gun to police.

  12. #4332
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    13,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    Most mod dems don't really have much interest in even common sense gun control. Not as long as the NRA keeps giving them money. From the article:

    The Senate has now rejected three of the governor's eight gun-control measures. Moderate Democrats have already voted with Republicans to kill a bill that would make it a felony to “recklessly leave a loaded, unsecured firearm” in a way that endangers a minor, and a bill that would require gun owners to report the loss or theft of a gun to police.
    Minutiae
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

  13. #4333
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,176
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    Most mod dems don't really have much interest in even common sense gun control. Not as long as the NRA keeps giving them money. From the article:

    The Senate has now rejected three of the governor's eight gun-control measures. Moderate Democrats have already voted with Republicans to kill a bill that would make it a felony to “recklessly leave a loaded, unsecured firearm” in a way that endangers a minor, and a bill that would require gun owners to report the loss or theft of a gun to police.
    The NRA doesn't have the money or the power to do all the things it is said they do.

  14. #4334
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    31,871
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The NRA doesn't have the money or the power to do all the things it is said they do.
    The NRA has far more power than you believe:



    https://www.longdom.org/open-access/...61-1000222.pdf


    You keep looking at their money and concluding that because it's less than other lobbying groups, they are less powerful. But the NRA's power isn't in their raw spending power, it's in their members. They actually did research on their influence:

    The research concluded that the primary source of power for the NRA is its 5 million dedicated members. The NRA’s members are engaged in the political arena and feel passionate about their gun rights. The NRA has also a strong access to policy makers; they have hired former legislators and government officials, since they can use their friendships and personal connections to gain access to policy makers. The NRA is a powerful organization and has influenced the outcome of state, local, and national elections; however, their power has a limit, as they are still abided by the laws.


    Here's another source that found the same results:

    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ntrol-congress

    “They have a very powerful ability to mobilize a grassroots support and to engage in politics when most Americans can barely be bothered to vote,” said Adam Winkler, professor of constitutional law at the UCLA School of Law and author of Gunfight: The Battle over the Right to Bear Arms in America. “I mean more than voting. I mean going to a meeting, writing a letter, contacting a friend,” he said. “And because so few Americans do those things, if you get a bunch of people in a locality who are all prepared to go out to a meeting they can have a big effect. “Elected officials feel the impact of constituents when they hear their voices,” said Spitzer. “Politics is often about the squeaky wheel – who makes the loudest noise, who gets the most attention.”

  15. #4335
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,176
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    The NRA has far more power than you believe:



    https://www.longdom.org/open-access/...61-1000222.pdf


    You keep looking at their money and concluding that because it's less than other lobbying groups, they are less powerful. But the NRA's power isn't in their raw spending power, it's in their members. They actually did research on their influence:

    The research concluded that the primary source of power for the NRA is its 5 million dedicated members. The NRA’s members are engaged in the political arena and feel passionate about their gun rights. The NRA has also a strong access to policy makers; they have hired former legislators and government officials, since they can use their friendships and personal connections to gain access to policy makers. The NRA is a powerful organization and has influenced the outcome of state, local, and national elections; however, their power has a limit, as they are still abided by the laws.


    Here's another source that found the same results:

    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ntrol-congress

    “They have a very powerful ability to mobilize a grassroots support and to engage in politics when most Americans can barely be bothered to vote,” said Adam Winkler, professor of constitutional law at the UCLA School of Law and author of Gunfight: The Battle over the Right to Bear Arms in America. “I mean more than voting. I mean going to a meeting, writing a letter, contacting a friend,” he said. “And because so few Americans do those things, if you get a bunch of people in a locality who are all prepared to go out to a meeting they can have a big effect. “Elected officials feel the impact of constituents when they hear their voices,” said Spitzer. “Politics is often about the squeaky wheel – who makes the loudest noise, who gets the most attention.”
    He said "as long as the NRA keeps giving them money" ... the NRA doesn't have the money to throw around like what is attributed to it. The members are generally politically active on their issues true, but that's not "NRA money".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •