Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 237 of 237 FirstFirst ... 137187227235236237
Results 3,541 to 3,548 of 3548
  1. #3541
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    13,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    cmon dude... gun deaths... the means of killing is all that matters... right?
    If you want to play mind games... Do the guns actually deter crimes or do they just happen to someone else?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  2. #3542
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    20,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    the amount of times its used for bad far outweigh the times its used for protection. Like FAR outweigh.
    since I said this involves more than just protection your opinion here is flawed.

    some with more of an anti gun agenda don't like armed security. this is stupid. for example when there is a school shooting why wait for the police to arrive with their guns when someone trained on scene already with a gun is going to be in a better position to react to the shooter.








    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Iím curious. If doctors who have to treat the gun shot victims arenít the right person to comment on gun restrictions and politicians arenít the right people either. The victims arenít right people either nor are their families. One would surely think gun owners would be the right people. But none of them seem to be the right people to talk about it. Who in the hell is the right people to talk about it? You donít get to just say no one can talk about it and be taken seriously.
    there is a difference between doctors wanting gun restrictions and doctors saying guns are bad.
    I'll use the stories I've brought up about home intruders being shot. if a doctor treats the gunshot wound from an intruder being shot by a home owner with a gun then this should not be something they could use to fit their argument that guns are bad.

    it's doctor's job to treat the gunshot wound even if that is the intruder. a gun in this case was not bad.







    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    The internet. The thing we are on now. Someone else found an article on it and posted it almost directly after... You are losing it.
    I agree with Vinylman on this..

    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    look up what? The never reported events where a gun is pulled to deter a home invader. Where do you want him to "look up" those stats?

    LMFAO
    where does one look up something that is not there to be looked up. if a gun is used to chase away a home intruder and then is never reported then it's not there to be included in statistics.
    Last edited by SpecialFNK; 12-07-2018 at 11:04 AM.

    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

  3. #3543
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    13,171
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    since I said this involves more than just protection your opinion here is flawed.

    some with more of an anti gun agenda don't like armed security. this is stupid. for example when there is a school shooting why wait for the police to arrive with their guns when someone trained on scene already with a gun is going to be in a better position to react to the shooter.










    there is a difference between doctors wanting gun restrictions and doctors saying guns are bad.
    I'll use the stories I've brought up about home intruders being shot. if a doctor treats the gunshot wound from an intruder being shot by a home owner with a gun then this should not be something they could use to fit their argument that guns are bad.

    it's doctor's job to treat the gunshot wound even if that is the intruder. a gun in this case was not bad.









    I agree with Vinylman on this..



    where does one look up something that is not there to be looked up. if a gun is used to chase away a home intruder and then is never reported then it's not there to be included in statistics.
    First you didn't look... You're thesis was that we don't know about it because the media doesn't cover it. Which now you disagree with.

    Second, You don't think if we funded research on such things we could get estimates of such things?

    Lastly, If you were following Vinyl, his thesis is that guns stop people from even trying to home invade.
    Last edited by flips333; 12-07-2018 at 11:18 AM.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  4. #3544
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    76,037
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    since I said this involves more than just protection your opinion here is flawed.

    some with more of an anti gun agenda don't like armed security. this is stupid. for example when there is a school shooting why wait for the police to arrive with their guns when someone trained on scene already with a gun is going to be in a better position to react to the shooter.










    there is a difference between doctors wanting gun restrictions and doctors saying guns are bad.
    I'll use the stories I've brought up about home intruders being shot. if a doctor treats the gunshot wound from an intruder being shot by a home owner with a gun then this should not be something they could use to fit their argument that guns are bad.

    it's doctor's job to treat the gunshot wound even if that is the intruder. a gun in this case was not bad.









    I agree with Vinylman on this..



    where does one look up something that is not there to be looked up. if a gun is used to chase away a home intruder and then is never reported then it's not there to be included in statistics.
    why is crime so much lower in first world countries where authorities rarely even carry guns then?

    Face it, America is a gun infatuated, violence driven society. It needs to be fixed. Now.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  5. #3545
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    26,000
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    Because social 'science' is academia's version of fake news.

    Willful ignorance is part of the game, so long as it benefits your goal. Hence adherents to scientism spout meaningless statistical probabilities to show that inanimate objects develop a will of their own. It's science bro just check Neil DeGrasse Tyson's podcast before it gets removed due to him being a sexual harasser.
    I see Flea popped in just long enough to say nothing of substance.

    Speaking of willful ignorance, tell me more about how we should ignore all statistics related to guns except for Brazil, because Brazil guys. Brazil. BRAZIL!

  6. #3546
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    76,037
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I see Flea popped in just long enough to say nothing of substance.

    Speaking of willful ignorance, tell me more about how we should ignore all statistics related to guns except for Brazil, because Brazil guys. Brazil. BRAZIL!
    I can't repeat this enough. The countries on our peer level as far as gun violence are Brazil, Guatemala, Brazil, Venezuala, Columbia, and Mexico. Together, we make up half the worlds reported gun deaths.

    Is that list of countries one you want to be associated for anything, outside maybe, "hottest chicks"?

    This country has a very, very dangerous obsessions with guns and violence.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  7. #3547
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,621
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I can't repeat this enough. The countries on our peer level as far as gun violence are Brazil, Guatemala, Brazil, Venezuala, Columbia, and Mexico. Together, we make up half the worlds reported gun deaths.

    Is that list of countries one you want to be associated for anything, outside maybe, "hottest chicks"?

    This country has a very, very dangerous obsessions with guns and violence.
    This is as clear an insight as you can get as to where the US is.

    Damned if we canít do better.

  8. #3548
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    20,073
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    First you didn't look... You're thesis was that we don't know about it because the media doesn't cover it. Which now you disagree with.

    Second, You don't think if we funded research on such things we could get estimates of such things?

    Lastly, If you were following Vinyl, his thesis is that guns stop people from even trying to home invade.
    what should I search on google to find information that will not be there to find?

    I thought the example that I used was pretty easy to understand. if a gun is used to chase away a home intruder and then is never reported then it's not there to be included in statistics. one can't look up this information, it's not reported. this is something that happens, but if it's not included in whatever statistics you're looking at then that is going to make the statistics flawed.







    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post

    Face it, America is a gun infatuated, violence driven society. It needs to be fixed. Now.
    no doubt. America loves guns, and violence is common. the problem is this is bigger than just a gun issue. a gun doesn't go somewhere and shoot off itself, so why do so many people continue to ignore the person that pulls the trigger?
    when a student shoots up a school and there is evidence that they were mentally disturbed, some would rather ignore this. when there is evidence that someone is mentally disturbed then there should be something done to get them help.

    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •