Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 233 of 238 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 3567
    born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post

Itís not a matter of not having a gun but responsible gun ownership and locking them up properly.

I got a friend whoís family has guns, and to this day he still doesnít know the combo to his dads gun safe, and thatís where his guns were kept until he lived on his own.
    You gonna trust that the kid won't figure out the code, or that you won't make a mistake at the wrong time... you go ahead and do that. I'm just gonna not have a gun in the house.
    Last edited by flips333; 12-06-2018 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    No offense this the kind of judgmental generality that makes people not listen when valid points are raised.
    I'm not here to make anyone change their minds.... Mostly I am here to be entertained by the crazies, rant, and crack jokes.

But seriously ewing, having a gun in your house when you have a teenager is as dumb as smoking. The numbers are too obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Iím curious. If doctors who have to treat the gun shot victims arenít the right person to comment on gun restrictions and politicians arenít the right people either. The victims arenít right people either nor are their families. One would surely think gun owners would be the right people. But none of them seem to be the right people to talk about it. Who in the hell is the right people to talk about it? You donít get to just say no one can talk about it and be taken seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I don't know the numbers, but I think if you added up all the times someone was shot, injured, or killed from firearm violence including murder, suicides, accidents etc. it'd probably exceed the number of people who legitimately saved themselves or others from bodily harm or death by using a firearm.

And that fact really has nothing to do with whether people should be allowed to own guns or not.
    not really, but I can't sit there and read, "it works for home protection" like that justifies all the negatives guns bring.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    You gonna trust that the kid won't figure out the code, or that you won't make a mistake at the wrong time... you go ahead and do that. I'm just gonna not have a gun in the house.
    My Dad had rifles for hunting when he was young. As soon as I was born, they were gone.

I plan on teaching my daughter martial arts her entire upbringing. That should be more than enough for her to protect herself.

I agree with you, having a gun in the house just isn't safe with kids. If you are hellbent on owning them, keep them in a secure storage unit away from access.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    not really, but I can't sit there and read, "it works for home protection" like that justifies all the negatives guns bring.
    Well this is the problem with the gun debate. We can't have one because gun advocates don't acknowledge the same reality. We can't start talking about the issue when they believe that our mass amount of guns in the US leads to more gun violence. They simply don't care about the data, which is unequivocal.

Well depending on the type of lock (including biometric) it could be near impossible to figure out.

And if you canít make sure itís something hidden from your kids, and ensure they donít get their hands on it, you might not be a good parent. I just learned the other day my parents had a gun in a lock box my entire life and I never knew it existed because they put it somewhere I would never have looked.

PROCESSING

I'm not here to make anyone change their minds.... Mostly I am here to be entertained by the crazies, rant, and crack jokes.

But seriously ewing, having a gun in your house when you have a teenager is as dumb as smoking. The numbers are too obvious.
    You know better then anyone that those #s don't speak to probabilities of individual families.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I agree with your measures. i would also add, do a yearly audit on each gun. Each year you need to prove the weapons sold to you are in your possession. If you fail to present any weapon, your licence is revoked, guns confiscated.
    So many of these kinds of measures have been articulated here (and elsewhere) countless times.

Too bad rehashing them these many times does not add up to anything more than a bag of spit.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    So many of these kinds of measures have been articulated here (and elsewhere) countless times.

Too bad rehashing them these many times does not add up to anything more than a bag of spit.
    of course not, but I can say for sure that many people here helped shape some of my changed views on things. So while we are likely wasting most of our time here on PSD (or any site), conversations that amount to nothing are better than no conversations at all.

Most real life altercations don't end in gun violence either. Doesn't change the fact that every case in which someone uses a gun to protect themselves doesn't exactly cancel out the cases in which guns are used to commit a crime.
    ok...

again, I am talking about the deterrent effects of guns in a home intrusion situation. I am not interested in guns in a crime. I was responding to a specific point... my position on gun control is well documented in the thread... I just always find it funny when people dismiss out of hand the deterrent effects of guns.

of course not, but I can say for sure that many people here helped shape some of my changed views on things. So while we are likely wasting most of our time here on PSD (or any site), conversations that amount to nothing are better than no conversations at all.

I hear you, and I too appreciate the occasional insights I get here, though maybe too often my cynical posts hide that, especially on this issue (and the environment), where so many would like to see change

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    ok...

again, I am talking about the deterrent effects of guns in a home intrusion situation. I am not interested in guns in a crime. I was responding to a specific point... my position on gun control is well documented in the thread... I just always find it funny when people dismiss out of hand the deterrent effects of guns.
    sure, and stricter gun laws wouldn't ever prevent people from having them for home protection. So I really never get why people bring up that angle. Like, I get WHY guns are legal to have. But it doesn't change the fact they are more often than not used to commit a crime.

Agreed. However, something drastic needs to be done in a society with more gun violence than any other first world country by a mile. Our competitors in gun violence are the likes of Brazil, Guatemala, Honduras, Jamaica, Serbia, and a whole lot of other shitholes. If you look at guns owned per person, the U.S. destroys every other country. Why? Why must we be armed to the teeth if we are such a great place to live?

The U.S. is one of 6 countries that make up half the gun related deaths worldwide. Wanna know the others?
    Guatemala, Venezuala, Brazil, Colombia, and Mexico. Isn't that lovely company....

I always get a kick out of these broad stats which tend to be meaningless since there are no standards for compiling them. You think there are more gun related deaths in the US than in China or Russia? LMFAO

Anyway, I am all for gun controls I just think it is funny that people dismiss the deterrent effect of guns on home evasions.

Honestly, I am bored with the broader discussion since we have spent 200 plus pages in here discussing eat... I have gun control fatigue at this point...

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    I always get a kick out of these broad stats which tend to be meaningless since there are no standards for compiling them. You think there are more gun related deaths in the US than in China or Russia? LMFAO

Anyway, I am all for gun controls I just think it is funny that people dismiss the deterrent effect of guns on home evasions.

Honestly, I am bored with the broader discussion since we have spent 200 plus pages in here discussing eat... I have gun control fatigue at this point...
    From civilians or authorities? Do you have a shred of evidence to back up your LMFAO or is this another opinion of yours that you think should be common sense?