Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 308 of 312 FirstFirst ... 208258298306307308309310 ... LastLast
Results 4,606 to 4,620 of 4675
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post

I'm sorry but whether he walked into that place with a .22 caliber or an AR-15, there needs to be gun reform. Details don't overly matter that much. Yes, its harder to get a hold of higher caliber semi automatic weapons but the issue is the access to guns and how easy is it to accumulate weapons. And it makes zero sense that you need a waiting period for certain weapons (depending on the state) but in other states like Georgia, you can get a gun the same day of purchase. That's how your spree killer who was not in the least bit racist, Robert Allen Long, killed 8 people on March 16th.

You keep doing you though, Special.

I don't have a problem with more background checks and a longer waiting period, nobody should need a gun the same day. but the gun itself is not the problem, it's the person buying the gun and whether they should have a gun.

the bold doesn't help if you don't know the details. people could come up with whatever strict gun reform they could get, and a person still could legally get a gun for murder. or they could illegally get a gun off the streets if they were intent on murder since they would clearly not care about the law.

speaking of illegally buying a gun..

https://twitter.com/DLoesch/status/1375587263225212929
    *UPDATE: Gun Control Activists Silent On Hunter Biden's Reported Illegal Purchase Of Firearm
    https://danaloesch.substack.com/p/gu...lent-on-hunter

Based on a police report as reported by Politico, Hunter Biden is reported to have filled out a 4473 to purchase a .38 revolver on Oct. 12, 2018. Days later, on October 23rd, his girlfriend at the time, Hallie, the widow of his late older brother, was “suspicious” took the gun from his vehicle without his knowledge before dumping it in an outside grocery store trash can across the street from a high school.

Delaware police began investigating, concerned that the trash can was across from a high school and that the missing gun could be used in a crime, according to law enforcement officials and a copy of the police report obtained by POLITICO.

This was about the same time that he was accused of smoking crack in the VIP room of a D.C. strip club by several employees, one of whom went on record. Biden was dismissed from the Navy after he tested positive for cocaine and he avoided a dishonorable discharge. In 2016 he called Hertz to pick up his rental car in which they found a used crack pipe, Secret Service business cards, and his late brother’s Delaware attorney general badge. That same year he was held at gunpoint while trying to buy crack in Los Angeles.

Biden answered “no” to question 11e on the Firearms Transaction Record/4473:

Lying on a 4473 is a felony punishable by up to ten years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I don't have a problem with more background checks and a longer waiting period, nobody should need a gun the same day. but the gun itself is not the problem, it's the person buying the gun and whether they should have a gun.

the bold doesn't help if you don't know the details. people could come up with whatever strict gun reform they could get, and a person still could legally get a gun for murder. or they could illegally get a gun off the streets if they were intent on murder since they would clearly not care about the law.

speaking of illegally buying a gun..

https://twitter.com/DLoesch/status/1375587263225212929

https://danaloesch.substack.com/p/gu...lent-on-hunter
    There needs to be stricter gun laws. Whether increasing the length of background checks, having someone's mental history be part of the equation, closing gun show loopholes, etc. Right wing pundits and the NRA would go nuts but truth to be told, the 2nd Amendment needs to be revisited as well. No way our forefathers would have been this lenient with gun ownership had they seen what gun violence has become over the last 50 years.

They were fallible humans who thought it was okay to own slaves and that woman didn't deserve the same rights as men. As we evolve, things change and gun reform is long overdue in this country.

The gun itself is a problem. Yes, the person using it is a bigger problem but do you hear about 25 people being shot and killed in England where guns are outlawed for civilians?

Again, details don't matter that much. Gun reform needs to be done across the board and this is coming from someone who owns 2 handguns and a rifle.
    Last edited by metswon69; 04-09-2021 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    It sure does seem to be the gun of choice for the crazies who keep shooting people. Someone needs to figure out why these loony toons keep using them. Because something about them is the right combination of easy to get and easy to shoot quickly.

Also I still want to hear the Republican plan to target mental health that is always said to be coming whenever there is a mass shooting. Because that's what's to blame not the gun. It's mental health that causes these problems. But a plan never quite materializes.

ok the above image is of an AR15 and a Mini 14. both of them are essentially the same gun, they both use a 10-30 rd magazine, they both shoot the same caliber and, they are both modeled after Military weapons.

I post this to answer your question.

the reason the AR15 is "easier" to get is because of price points. Before Pandemic you could get an AR15 for about $500-$600 you could get the mini 14 at $1000-$1200. its the same reason why you see a lot of guns used by gang bangers are hi points. you can get a hi point for maybe $200.

Why they like them? you can drop them in the dirt, throw them in the mud, abuse the crap out of them and they will still be dependable, most people though like them because they look like what the military uses. on some occasions its people who couldn't or wouldn't go into the military and so they get these rifles to make themselves feel important.

I do know people who hunt with them and I am told its because they are lighter to pack around than some other hunting rifles.

as for the easier to quickly shoot, that is not really the truth. the ar15 is a semi auto platform, you can usually only shoot as fast and your finger can pull the trigger. there have been items like the bumpstock or a lighter trigger that makes it go a little quicker but, it still can only go as fast as what your finger pulls.

I also say usually because you can turn them fully auto but, to do so is illegal.

it is very hard to own a fully automatic weapon in the US. it has to have a manufactured date before 1986, it has to be registered with the Federal Government. this article can explain it more https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/yes-...123000673.html

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    It’s not necessarily an either/or (rifles/handguns). You can legislate restrictions on any any all firearms if you have the will to do so.

You know as well as I that the majority of Republicans haul out the mental health side of the problem — which they have no intention whatsoever in really addressing — just as a way to deflect away from any discussion about the firearm problem, much less any potential legislation.
    I know on both points. The problem is the focus on "assault weapons" tends to bypass handguns. It's splashy and they can point at a big story rather than talk about handguns which gets you too quickly to the terrible state of life in poor inner city neighborhoods and the effect of the war on drugs on gun violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I know on both points. The problem is the focus on "assault weapons" tends to bypass handguns. It's splashy and they can point at a big story rather than talk about handguns which gets you too quickly to the terrible state of life in poor inner city neighborhoods and the effect of the war on drugs on gun violence.
    It’s no less theater than saying not focusing on reducing the number of handguns won’t reduce gun deaths while not being in favor of reducing the number of handguns.

There needs to be stricter gun laws. Whether increasing the length of background checks, having someone's mental history be part of the equation, closing gun show loopholes, etc. Right wing pundits and the NRA would go nuts but truth to be told, the 2nd Amendment needs to be revisited as well. No way our forefathers would have been this lenient with gun ownership had they seen what gun violence has become over the last 50 years.

They were fallible humans who thought it was okay to own slaves and that woman didn't deserve the same rights as men. As we evolve, things change and gun reform is long overdue in this country.

The gun itself is a problem. Yes, the person using it is a bigger problem but do you hear about 25 people being shot and killed in England where guns are outlawed for civilians?

Again, details don't matter that much. Gun reform needs to be done across the board and this is coming from someone who owns 2 handguns and a rifle.
    one of the reasons the 2nd was put into the constitution was because militias and private citizens with guns is what helped contribute to fighting and winning the war. It was also there because if the government became over bearing and tyrannical (like what they were dealing with with England) private citizens could take their government back.

I don't know what a lengthy background check is going to do. with the technology we have now a check can be done in minutes. if something is in your history its there if its not its not doesn't matter if its a 3 day wait or a 3 month wait.

the gun show "loophole" is because some dealers travel some long distances to go to the show its self and set up and the shows usually are only 2 days so if a person wants to buy a gun on day 1 of the show and the rule was a 3 day wait how was the person going to buy the gun? if they are a licensed dealer they still have to go through backgrounds checks and what not but, it is just a little more expedited.

In Iowa you can get a buyers permit, you go to the Sheriffs Office, you fill out paperwork, they make you wait 2 weeks while they do a state and federal background check, if everything clears you come back pay for it and that is your background check so when you go to a dealer you can show them a permit and that would be your background check, you still have to fill out paperwork but, you don't have to wait the 3 days.

and I have said this before, you start attacking the 2nd amendment and go for changes you are opening up and making it easier for politicians to attack the other amendments.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    one of the reasons the 2nd was put into the constitution was because militias and private citizens with guns is what helped contribute to fighting and winning the war. It was also there because if the government became over bearing and tyrannical (like what they were dealing with with England) private citizens could take their government back.

I don't know what a lengthy background check is going to do. with the technology we have now a check can be done in minutes. if something is in your history its there if its not its not doesn't matter if its a 3 day wait or a 3 month wait.

the gun show "loophole" is because some dealers travel some long distances to go to the show its self and set up and the shows usually are only 2 days so if a person wants to buy a gun on day 1 of the show and the rule was a 3 day wait how was the person going to buy the gun? if they are a licensed dealer they still have to go through backgrounds checks and what not but, it is just a little more expedited.

In Iowa you can get a buyers permit, you go to the Sheriffs Office, you fill out paperwork, they make you wait 2 weeks while they do a state and federal background check, if everything clears you come back pay for it and that is your background check so when you go to a dealer you can show them a permit and that would be your background check, you still have to fill out paperwork but, you don't have to wait the 3 days.

and I have said this before, you start attacking the 2nd amendment and go for changes you are opening up and making it easier for politicians to attack the other amendments.
    That's my point though. A lot of that is antiquated. We're not minutemen fighting off the British anymore. Guns are now mostly used for protection and hunting. The problem is there has been a rise in violent mass shootings over the last 20 or so years. That has to make you think twice about the nature in which we can acquire firearms.

You're right. Perhaps the more extensive background checks don't matter much. I would just like to increase the time in which you can acquire a firearm. There are so many different laws that vary in terms of time frames. Some states let you buy a weapon the same day. Others it can be two weeks. At the very least, there needs to be a more extensive look into people's mental history. That isn't full proof either but we're probably past full proof measures.

Look, amendments become dated. It happens. Your opening point alludes to as much. This isn't the American Revolution or the War of 1812 anymore. We live in a society where crime is down from 30 and 40 years ago but the nature of homicides are becoming increasingly more capacious. We hear it almost weekly where some lunatic goes into a store, workplace, church, etc and guns down multiple people.
    Last edited by metswon69; 04-10-2021 at 04:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It’s no less theater than saying not focusing on reducing the number of handguns won’t reduce gun deaths while not being in favor of reducing the number of handguns.
    And I guess you have decided that is my position?

White people: riot into the Michigan capitol with loaded guns...

Greg Kelly: silent

Black people: drive in your car with a loaded gun...

Greg Kelly: https://twitter.com/gregkellyusa/sta...95949545734145

And BTW, this is the account for one of the primetime Newsmax TV hosts, not some random dude.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

And I guess you have decided that is my position?
    No, you told me it was.

of course details matter, you need to know how a nut job got a gun in order to make changes.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    White people: riot into the Michigan capitol with loaded guns...

Greg Kelly: silent

Black people: drive in your car with a loaded gun...

Greg Kelly: https://twitter.com/gregkellyusa/sta...95949545734145

And BTW, this is the account for one of the primetime Newsmax TV hosts, not some random dude.
    I don't know who Greg Kelly is, but race shouldn't play a part here.

anyone that supports the 2nd Amendment would support this..

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1379130489659854850
    Gun ownership among Black Americans is soaring

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No, you told me it was.
    I said I was not in favor of reducing the number of handguns?

I said I was not in favor of reducing the number of handguns?
    You said this:

I would unrestrict what equipment people could buy across the board

But let me ask plainly: under your proposals, would there be a reduction in handguns in the US?

You said this:

I would unrestrict what equipment people could buy across the board

But let me ask plainly: under your proposals, would there be a reduction in handguns in the US?
    Yes. Reducing restrictions on WHAT they can buy does not mean they can buy more. That was you making an assumption of what I meant not in evidence.

I also said "The more guns you want the more hoops you have to jump through and the higher level of responsibility you have. If your gun is used in a crime then you are complicit in the crime. I would tax the hell out of guns too." which you conveniently left out of your quote, and all of them would likely result in fewer handguns in circulation in the US ... but I'm sure that was just an oversight on your part.