Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 281 of 286 FirstFirst ... 181231271279280281282283 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,215 of 4278
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    nice theory.
    unless every criminal is disarmed then taking anyone's gun is a waste of time and just makes America less safe.
    Much harder to get the guns from the government.

you don't even know what a "good guy" is. how can a good guy kill someone and be a good guy.

lets say people with a gun prevented their home from being broke into where the intruder ran away. if this doesn't make the news then how can anyone provide any numbers.

how can anyone say "good guys" with guns would increase gun violence. the entire point of good responsible gun owners is they're not shooting people, otherwise they wouldn't be "good" guys.

when talking about those who want gun control it's not something comparable to anyone who doesn't. it's entirely about them not having information to talk about gun control. when there is news of a shooting without knowing the gun used or how the shooter got that gun, then screaming gun control is pointless. even if lawmakers could make every gun control they want possible, some shootings could still not have been prevented.

the point in this goes back to the story from q13fox.com (that NRA linked) about a woman shooting a home intruder, because if some people had their way this woman might not have been armed to defend herself.

nice theory.
    unless every criminal is disarmed then taking anyone's gun is a waste of time and just makes America less safe.
    This source is of higher quality than you are used to, it reads short and dumb though. I figure maybe you can digest it.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...conds-of-panic

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    This source is of higher quality than you are used to, it reads short and dumb though. I figure maybe you can digest it.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...conds-of-panic
    buzzfeed, no.
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

buzzfeed, no.
    Not short and dumb enough? You are welcome to compare its bias against the caller. I can later if you like too, got things to do now.

Not short and dumb enough? You are welcome to compare its bias against the caller. I can later if you like too, got things to do now.
    all media has bias.

you wanted to contradict what I said about good guys shooting people where I said they wouldn't be "good" guys. typically those who are going out with an intent to shoot people, would not be considered good guys.
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

all media has bias.

you wanted to contradict what I said about good guys shooting people where I said they wouldn't be "good" guys. typically those who are going out with an intent to shoot people, would not be considered good guys.
    Some has much more, we will get to that later.

Still learning about guns, huh. When you point it in persons direction and pull the trigger you mean to shoot people.

VA about to pass the most restrictive gun laws in the country.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Some has much more, we will get to that later.

Still learning about guns, huh. When you point it in persons direction and pull the trigger you mean to shoot people.
    when people make the decision to shoot with the intent to hurt/kill without a positive reason then they would not be GOOD guys, that is the point. the good guys with a gun are the people that counter something else, like a home intruder or someone looking to hurt people.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    VA about to pass the most restrictive gun laws in the country.
    I've been watching that. So far 24 counties have said they will be "2nd amendment sanctuaries" and will ignore the new laws. I find that funny since we've been heading that way for years.

States ignoring federal laws on pot use, immigration, gay marriage ... it was only a matter of time until counties or cities chose to ignore state laws.

To me this just seems to be further evidence that we should govern closer to the people being governed whenever possible/practical.

If the Federal government said that the 2nd amendment means everyone has to have reasonable access to buy a gun, but beyond that there is no federal law I bet we'd see several states enact the kind of rules we've been talking about in a week.

Mandatory registration
    Nothing but long barrel, bolt action guns allowed.
    Safety inspections
    Controlled transfers of ownership
    Responsibility to the gun owner
    etc.

I still advocate for annual or biennial registration as we do with cars (along with fees and maybe even mandatory insurance).

By the way, every time I get into this gun control debate I ask people to define "assault weapon" and haven't been able to get much of a definition yet. The new gun control in Virginia appears to suffer from the same issue.

The law calls weapons with any of the below an assault weapon:

a 10+ round clip ... that's dumb because that can be overcome but shortening the clip to 10 it doesn't change the function or the purpose of the gun. And it's not restricting what the gun CAN do, just what it has at the time.

a folding stock ... that one I find kind of strange, there are long bolt action rifles with folding stocks just for the purpose of transport since they are awkward to move around, and it's not exactly hard to have a removable fixed stock.

The law calls anything that can have a silencer attached is an assault weapon ... that seems like every gun because I guarantee a suppressor CAN be attached to firearm, it's just a matter of desire and ability.

A grip for the other hand ... that includes pistols and every gun other than some really small guns.

In addition guns with any of the following are assault weapons:
    Telescoping stock
    Pistol grip
    Thumbhole stock
    any kind of suppressor, flash, sound, muzzle, or the ability to have them
    pistols over 50 ounces unloaded

They also consider any parts that can be illegal if assembled as assault weapons themselves.

I think the holes in the law leave it ripe for being picked apart in challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    I still advocate for annual or biennial registration as we do with cars (along with fees and maybe even mandatory insurance).
    I agree on the first.

Insurance is a non-starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I've been watching that. So far 24 counties have said they will be "2nd amendment sanctuaries" and will ignore the new laws. I find that funny since we've been heading that way for years.

States ignoring federal laws on pot use, immigration, gay marriage ... it was only a matter of time until counties or cities chose to ignore state laws.

To me this just seems to be further evidence that we should govern closer to the people being governed whenever possible/practical.
    I believe its up over 40 now, it seems like a few vote and get added every day... every country in the state outside of a couple of northern VA, Tidewater, and a couple around Richmond. Theres 95 counties in VA, I'm guessing there will be about 70 2A sanctuary counties.

Attorney General Mark Herring basically said yesterday, that these mean nothing and these laws will be passed and enforced by all counties, but in June he applauded tidewater county prosecutors for not enforcing state marijuana laws.

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    By the way, every time I get into this gun control debate I ask people to define "assault weapon" and haven't been able to get much of a definition yet. The new gun control in Virginia appears to suffer from the same issue.

The law calls weapons with any of the below an assault weapon:

a 10+ round clip ... that's dumb because that can be overcome but shortening the clip to 10 it doesn't change the function or the purpose of the gun. And it's not restricting what the gun CAN do, just what it has at the time.

a folding stock ... that one I find kind of strange, there are long bolt action rifles with folding stocks just for the purpose of transport since they are awkward to move around, and it's not exactly hard to have a removable fixed stock.

The law calls anything that can have a silencer attached is an assault weapon ... that seems like every gun because I guarantee a suppressor CAN be attached to firearm, it's just a matter of desire and ability.

A grip for the other hand ... that includes pistols and every gun other than some really small guns.

In addition guns with any of the following are assault weapons:
    Telescoping stock
    Pistol grip
    Thumbhole stock
    any kind of suppressor, flash, sound, muzzle, or the ability to have them
    pistols over 50 ounces unloaded

They also consider any parts that can be illegal if assembled as assault weapons themselves.

I think the holes in the law leave it ripe for being picked apart in challenges.
    videos are being posted going over every part of the bill and how its written could be interpreted and it would ban like 90% of all firearms, with no grandfather clause. I'm guessing it would make like 75% of the VA population felons as of July 1st.

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!