Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Game Thread- Knicks vs Philly-

The Philadelphia 76ers will be looking to win their 10th straight game in the Wells Fargo Center when they host the New York Knicks on Monday night.

The Sixers, who last lost in their home arena on Dec. 21, have won three straight overall, and four of five, to improve to 28-25. Monday’s game is the next-to-last they will play in a string of five straight at home heading into the All-Star break.

On Saturday, Philadelphia (28-25) dispatched the Los Angeles Clippers 112-98 behind Joel Embiid’s 29-point, 16-rebound outburst. According to NBC Sports Philadelphia, he became the first Sixer player to record at least 24 points and 10 boards in four straight games since Hall of Famer Charles Barkley in 1992.

Embiid also tumbled to the floor and appeared to injure his right knee with 7:38 left in the game, but returned with 4:43 remaining.

“I think me and about 20,000 people held our breaths for the entire time,” backup guard T.J. McConnell told reporters afterward.

Veteran guard J.J. Redick called Embiid “very dramatic” in his remarks to the media, and added that he thought the first-time All-Star was trying to draw a foul call from officials. And when Embiid was peppered with questions about his knee, he betrayed no concern.

“Can we just stop talking about my knee?” he told reporters. “I’m fine.”

Embiid, averaging team highs of 23.8 points and 11.2 rebounds a game, was much more open to talking about the team’s recent home success.

“We know playing in front of our fans always gives us an advantage because they are always so loud and passionate about it,” he told Philly.com. “So I love playing in front of them.”

The Knicks, who lost All-Star center/forward Kristaps Porzingis for the season to a torn left ACL last week, continued their free fall Sunday, losing 121-113 to the Indiana Pacers despite 17 points apiece by Tim Hardaway Jr. and Enes Kanter. It was the sixth straight loss for New York (23-34).

Guard Emmanuel Mudiay, playing his first game for the Knicks since he was acquired in a trade with Denver, had 14 points and 10 rebounds.

“You see the moves he can do to get past guys,” coach Jeff Hornacek told reporters. “Once he gets more familiar with our players and guys understand, ‘Hey, get open because he’s going to get it to you.’ I said beforehand, if he’s playing well, we’ll let him stay in there. I thought he had good court sense, made some great passes.”

ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski reported that the Sixers are expected to sign veteran guard Marco Belinelli on Monday, after he clears waivers. Belinelli was bought out of his contract by the Atlanta Hawks last Friday.

There is, however, no update on the condition of Philadelphia rookie guard Markelle Fultz. The top overall pick in last summer’s draft, he has missed all but four games this season with what the team has described as a shoulder injury.

More importantly magic vs bulls tonight
    Kings vs mavs tomorrow
    Tank on
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

magic vs bulls will be interesting is the fake kp playing tonight?

Tim working hard to protect that FG%, with the turnover.

it is so weird that I find myself rooting against our starters to do good...so the young guys can come in do good AND ...we still lose

Hardaway is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by bofakop View Post
    it is so weird that I find myself rooting against our starters to do good...so the young guys can come in do good AND ...we still lose
    What’s so rough to watch is we are terrible and still watching a veteran team.

For whose benefit is Lance Thomas starting right now? Like whotf are we kidding.
    What to do with Lee & Beasley is admittedly tougher I get that. Can't just send them home. LT is an absolute head scratcher
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    For whose benefit is Lance Thomas starting right now? Like whotf are we kidding.
    What to do with Lee & Beasley is admittedly tougher I get that. Can't just send them home. LT is an absolute head scratcher
    I think its a respect thing. They will let the vets get the start and their minutes but they will gradually decrease

Jakes new Baseball Card

Quote Originally Posted by NYY 26 to 7 View Post
    Hardaway is terrible.
    *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    *sigh*
    In fairness,
    A-Hardaway is on the knicks.
    B-The knicks are terrible.
    C-Therefore, hardaway is terrible.

If A is true and B is true, C must also be true

Jakes new Baseball Card

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    In fairness,
    A-Hardaway is on the knicks.
    B-The knicks are terrible.
    C-Therefore, hardaway is terrible.

If A is true and B is true, C must also be true
    Lol it’s more than that. We used a hot two months out of a four year sample to justify his contract.

I don’t think he’s terrible. I just think he’s being miscasted right now like so many Knicks before him. My hope is that they are able to build a good enough team at some point to put him in a more appropriate role.

If I’m not mistake, even during his hot stretch in Atlanta, the numbers support him being best coming off the bench.

Come on Frank. Stop being dumb

Jakes new Baseball Card

Lol it’s more than that. We used a hot two months out of a four year sample to justify his contract.

I don’t think he’s terrible. I just think he’s being miscasted right now like so many Knicks before him. My hope is that they are able to build a good enough team at some point to put him in a more appropriate role.

If I’m not mistake, even during his hot stretch in Atlanta, the numbers support him being best coming off the bench.
    You are not mistaken. He was also playing on a team with Schroder, Millsap and Dwight in Bud's ball movement system so the difference in pressure was also night and day.

Tim would be a great 3rd option on a team, especially off the bench. He's a good player. He gets into jump shot mode and stops going to the rim. But when he's taking it to the rim, and playing solid D, he can be a very good player

Jakes new Baseball Card

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast