Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    I'm not saying Harvey is better when fat. In fact, his best year came in 2013 when he was thin. All I'm saying is his weight has had no correlation with his pitching performance in the past. He has been both good and bad when thin or fat.
    I don't think weight has any bearing on Fatt Lardey's success. His success hinges on the number of STDs his immune system is fighting on a given season.

Quote Originally Posted by SJ5382 View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking. Can't help but think he was partying his fair share in 2015, though, when he was fantastic.
    He actually started 2015 looking like he ate one of his physical therapists while recovering from TJ.

When he started the guy was sculpted like a Greek god. I remember reading articles about his workout routine running up and down Citi Field and eating gluten free.

Then all of a sudden he's got 3 chins, a gut hanging off his belt, and he's dipping and spitting all over the mound.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    He actually started 2015 looking like he ate one of his physical therapists while recovering from TJ.

When he started the guy was sculpted like a Greek god. I remember reading articles about his workout routine running up and down Citi Field and eating gluten free.

Then all of a sudden he's got 3 chins, a gut hanging off his belt, and he's dipping and spitting all over the mound.
    His low-carb, gluten-free diet and rigorous workouts didn't jive with being hung over after a night of binge drinking and smoking cigs at 1 OAK. Ah, it's so tough to be an athlete in NYC!
    "We're snakebitten, baby." --Fred Wilpon

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post

And 2015 was probably his best overall season statistically (regular season and playoffs). I dont think there is a rhyme or reason to what works and what doesn't work. Whether he came in sculpted, skinny, or somewhat husky it really comes down to how many bullets he has left in his arm. The velocity is down and the pitch repertoire suffers because he's not getting the same action on his pitches. That leads to less bats being missed and in era with a juiced ball, more home runs allowed. It just is what it is.

I think people need to be less worried about what Harvey looks like and more worried about how healthy his arm is. That will dictate how well he pitches.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    And 2015 was probably his best overall season statistically (regular season and playoffs). I dont think there is a rhyme or reason to what works and what doesn't work. Whether he came in sculpted, skinny, or somewhat husky it really comes down to how many bullets he has left in his arm. The velocity is down and the pitch repertoire suffers because he's not getting the same action on his pitches. That leads to less bats being missed and in era with a juiced ball, more home runs allowed. It just is what it is.

I think people need to be less worried about what Harvey looks like and more worried about how healthy his arm is. That will dictate how well he pitches.
    Nobody's actually worried about what he looks like. We're just having fun with it.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    Nobody's actually worried about what he looks like. We're just having fun with it.
    I understand that. I think there is a predisposition to the idea that if he comes in looking super in shape, he'll pitch better. Some might think if he comes in skinny or husky that could help his performance. There doesn't seem to be an accepted method of what is beneficial to pitchers or players. We're seeing the more guys train, the more injured they become where as guys from the 1940s, 50s, and 60s didn't see these type of constant injuries.

I get the impression the belief is that because those guys didn't workout all the time, they were a lot more likely to stay healthy.

That said, I don't know what is beneficial to Harvey. I think it just comes down to how healthy his arm is and what he has left in that arm.

I don't think any of that is related to Harvey. The health of his right arm/shoulder is what matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

@AlbaneseLaura
    Eiland said Harvey did what they asked of him in the offseason and reported early and in shape. "We're going to leave the past in the past."

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    @AlbaneseLaura
    Eiland said Harvey did what they asked of him in the offseason and reported early and in shape. "We're going to leave the past in the past."
    Well its good they bring up history because he doesn't have much of a future left with this team regardless of performance.

Laura Albanese‏
    @AlbaneseLaura

"There's nobody from a medical standpoint that we're holding back," Eiland said. "There are no red flags to speak of right now."

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Laura Albanese‏
    @AlbaneseLaura

"There's nobody from a medical standpoint that we're holding back," Eiland said. "There are no red flags to speak of right now."
    It's way too early to get pumped up about this unfortunately. If Eiland says the same thing in late March I might feel a bit differently.
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Such an awkward name. Laura Albanese

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Such an awkward name. Laura Albanese
    I should marry her and give her my last name.

Laura Gamer. I like the sound of that.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    There's nothing like the enthusiasm of ST.

You look at just about every team's website and they're all saying the going to the Playoffs.

Ya gotta love it.

Now, comes the early injuries after everyone has reported in great shape.

Nuthin' like baseball.....

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotte, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

I was just thinking about our defense for this year and at least to open the season we seem pretty strong for the most part just breaking it down position by position.

C - Below avg with TDA and Plawecki, but there is hope for some improvement.
    1B - Solid between A-Gon, Flores, and perhaps Smith down the line.
    2B - Probably our biggest weakness in the field with Cabrera and others.
    SS - Potentially well above average. I believe in the defense of Rosario.
    3B - Should be above average with Frazier. The left side of our infield should be a strength.
    LF - I believe a healthier Cespedes is above average in LF with his arm standing out.
    CF - Mixed bag here. With Conforto it might be a bit below average, but with Lagares it's well above average. Nimmo looks like he could be about average out there himself. There is some depth here and I think we are solid overall.
    RF - Bruce was right around average last year and has been throughout his career. He bucked the trend of his declining defensive metrics last year. Underrated defensively overall.

Outside of C and 2B, I see mostly avg to above avg defenders with a few standouts. Our offense looks pretty similar overall compared to the last couple of years, but the defense definitely looks significantly better. Our left side of the infield turned from a big weakness to a potentially big strength. I also think our OF defense in general is underrated as we don't have anyone out there who looks like a liability.
    Last edited by Wrigheyes4MVP; 02-15-2018 at 12:30 PM.
    Marmolololololol

Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast