Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 36 of 62 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    I like Nimmo and I like his approach at the plate.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Let's see if he can do anything remotely close to this in games that actually count
    Well these games count for him, heís battling for a starting spot.

Besides, I rather him hit in spring training than not hit, even if the games donít mean anything. It shows character lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Yeah. I started fading on Nimmo in 2015, but then I started following him on social media after the season and noticed he seemed to be getting bigger/stronger in photos. I'm now sold on his power potential which he needs to move to a corner position.
    Agreed. I think he can be a decent CFer though...not as bad as weíd think. Maybe something like -3 DRS over a full season.

I still remember over a year ago I was arguing with Keith Law on Twitter that Nimmo would be the better player than Smith and he called me crazy. I cited that he had phenomenal pitch selection and that I wouldnít be concerned by a lack of power just because itís something that comes with age. I hope Iím right.

I love the guys enthusiasm, his hustle, love for the game and most importantly, his skills. Him and Conforto might be my two favorite hitters on the team.

I should also note that Nimmo has been hitting off of good pitchers like Strasburg and Cole.

In the event that Nimmo becomes a monster and eventually starts 75% of the games with Bruce moving to first, what happens to Smith?

I have to imagine that guys like Plawecki/TDA/Smith/Alonso/Guillorme/Cechenni become expendable in the near future.

Why Plawecki?

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Matt Ehalt@MattEhalt
    6m6 minutes ago
    More
    Noah to start Opening Day.

Matt Ehalt @MattEhalt
    6m6 minutes ago
    DeGrom to pitch Game No. 2.

Matt Ehalt @MattEhalt
    4m4 minutes ago
    Though seems Harvey and Vargas are locks, Callaway says last 3 spots are open.

This team sucks. Same ********, different year. Their three true outcomes approach actually leads to one outcome, not scoring enough runs to win games.

Mediocre at best fielding, low BAs, and terrible situational hitting. BP also gives up runs every game, while either blowing leads or allowing the other team to increase their lead and put the game out of reach for the anemic offense.

The fact that AA/AAA players are getting most of the playing time is no excuse either, because every other team seems to be able to figure out how to beat the Mets with AA/AAA players. This team seems incapable of winning a ****ing game!

I understand it is ST, but this is by no means a team that can/should be expected to just be able to turn it on at some point. Again, this team sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    This team sucks. Same ********, different year. Their three true outcomes approach actually leads to one outcome, not scoring enough runs to win games.

Mediocre at best fielding, low BAs, and terrible situational hitting. BP also gives up runs every game, while either blowing leads or allowing the other team to increase their lead and put the game out of reach for the anemic offense.

The fact that AA/AAA players are getting most of the playing time is no excuse either, because every other team seems to be able to figure out how to beat the Mets with AA/AAA players. This team seems incapable of winning a ****ing game!

I understand it is ST, but this is by no means a team that can/should be expected to just be able to turn it on at some point. Again, this team sucks.
    You do know the Marlins are 11-5 in ST right? I think we need to stop concerning ourselves with ST performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    I like Nimmo and I like his approach at the plate.
    Me too, Iím a big fan of Brandon Nimmo.

Hereís my lineup

CF - Nimmo
    LF - Cespedes
    RF - Conforto
    1B - Bruce
    3B - Frazier
    2B - Cabrera
    C - díArnaud
    SS - Rosario

Why Plawecki?
    Well, one of the catchers. I would assume the Mets let Nido hold a spot if Plawecki/TDA fall on their face - although I do think Plawecki will have a good year.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    You do know the Marlins are 11-5 in ST right? I think we need to stop concerning ourselves with ST performance.
    This is not just a ST issue. All of the things wrong with this team the last two years are still wrong.

One of the greatest movies of all time.

Right up there with Role Models.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Page 36 of 62 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast