Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 62 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    Mets love Zack Wheeler right now but still want to see more

PORT ST. LUCIE — Zack Wheeler’s stuff has been electric this spring, causing Mets officials to privately gush about the manner in which the right-hander has performed.

But where Wheeler begins the season — Mets rotation, bullpen or even Triple-A Las Vegas — will likely be predicated upon how he fares in his final three appearances of the exhibition season.

Wheeler will receive one of those opportunities to impress Tuesday night, when he faces the Nationals in a split-squad game in West Palm Beach, Fla. In three appearances this spring Wheeler has posted a 1.80 ERA with eight strikeouts in five innings.

What has been most impressive about Wheeler?

“Health,” said a major league talent evaluator who has watched each of Wheeler’s appearances this spring.

Wheeler missed the last two months of last season with a stress reaction in his right arm and received injections during the offseason to strengthen his bones. To this point, the Mets like what they have seen, as Wheeler potentially battles Steven Matz for a final rotation spot. Matz had two ugly appearances before strengthening his case with four shutout innings against the Tigers on Friday.
    https://nypost.com/2018/03/13/mets-l...t-to-see-more/

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Conforto indicated Tuesday he is expecting to play in minor league games this week and barring any setback would get into an exhibition game with the Mets before the Grapefruit League season concludes on March 25.
    https://nypost.com/2018/03/13/michae...season-return/

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

I'm not worried about Wheeler's stuff. His stuff has always been electric. It's his lack of control and lack of efficiency that concerns me. It always causes him to fade later in games. Those first few innings on days where he is throwing strikes early in the count, he's absolutely filthy out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

These guys are out of options.

Wilmer Flores, Rafael Montero, Kevin Plawecki

Montero should be gone and give Purke the other lefty spot on the pen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time to pull the trigger on Montero.

Time to make Wilmer the starting first baseman.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Nimmo looks great right now
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Plawecki and TDA are both having excellent springs so far
    Marmolololololol

Hey I just came to post that I ****ing love Nimmo.

Carry on.

Let's see if he can do anything remotely close to this in games that actually count
    Marmolololololol

But anyway, this is why you don't trade a guy like Nimmo for a guy like Josh Harrison who provides little upside.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Yeah. I started fading on Nimmo in 2015, but then I started following him on social media after the season and noticed he seemed to be getting bigger/stronger in photos. I'm now sold on his power potential which he needs to move to a corner position.
    If he's in a corner position and Bruce moves to 1B, are you saying Conforto is the CFer?
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Hey I just came to post that I ****ing love Nimmo.

Carry on.
    Yeah. I started fading on Nimmo in 2015, but then I started following him on social media after the season and noticed he seemed to be getting bigger/stronger in photos. I'm now sold on his power potential which he needs to move to a corner position.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

I have been the biggest Nimmo critic around, but good to see the power come around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cespedes is a corner outfielder. Bruce is a corner outfielder. Conforto is a corner outfielder. And Nimmo is a corner outfielder. Unfortunately, a baseball diamond only has two corner outfield positions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ3UYjPWT3E
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Page 35 of 62 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast