Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who will wim ROTY

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mitchell

    11 36.67%
  • Simmons

    19 63.33%
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 296
  1. #226
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    23,046
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    It's not about being sensitive.

    Both sides are doing impressive things. To me, it's about keeping in mind that both the Sixers and Jazz are massively outperforming expectations, and part of that for both sides is Mitchell/Simmons. To me continually pushing that the Jazz are good and it's all because of Mitchell; but not talking about how good the Sixers are and how big of a role in that Simmons plays feels like that artificial tilt to the conversation.

    To me at least, what the Jazz have done record wise and performance speaks very very highly of Snyder and what he's done. He's always kept the focus of that team on defense, has made that the diving force of the team. I love the job he's done.

    IMO you guys have the COTY and DPOTY. Just not the ROY.
    Jazz have a good team, Mitchell isnít playing with scrubs, but thereís still a difference having a teammate like Embiid who can legitimate be the focus of the defenses game plan. In Utah itís always gonna be mitchell, obviously. (Yet he stay ballin. You guys responding to me calling him a better scorer with all this ts and per, cmon, that donít mean ****, anyone should be able to see Mitchell is better at getting buckets)

    Philly is also playing above expectation, Simmons is clearly a big part of that, but Mitchellís situation was definitely more unexpected

    Like if the dubs win 65 games, would that impress anyone? Its like meh. Of course this example is exaggerated, Philly actually has been very impressive, I donít think anyone expected them to grow this fast. But the jazz are like damn, these guys ballin outta nowhere
    Last edited by nastynice; 04-12-2018 at 01:17 AM.

  2. #227
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    17,227
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Sixers are 37-12 since Christmas. Second best to the Rockets. Riding a 15 game win streak. 7 of which have come without Embiid. If a 34 game sample makes Utah legit, what does the 49 game sample and win streak say about the Sixers?
    WTF did my post have to do with the Sixers? my God, not everything revolves around you guys. I can't show respect to Utah? I don't even like them. You make it seem as if I'm riding the Jazz or something.

  3. #228
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    92,525
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Jazz have a good team, Mitchell isnít playing with scrubs, but thereís still a difference having a teammate like Embiid who can legitimate be the focus of the defenses game plan. In Utah itís always gonna be mitchell, obviously. (Yet he stay ballin. You guys responding to me calling him a better scorer with all this ts and per, cmon, that donít mean ****, anyone should be able to see Mitchell is better at getting buckets)

    Philly is also playing above expectation, Simmons is clearly a big part of that, but Mitchellís situation was definitely more unexpected

    Like if the dubs win 65 games, would that impress anyone? Its like meh. Of course this example is exaggerated, Philly actually has been very impressive, I donít think anyone expected them to grow this fast. But the jazz are like damn, these guys ballin outta nowhere
    this is what i dont understand though... why is the jazz so shocking? they lost hayward but kept favors/gobert and added rubio... they were a 51 win team last year werent they?


    https://www.basketball-reference.com.../UTA/2017.html


    they lost hayward but were a 51-31 and gained pieces... how and why the heck is this shocking.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 04-12-2018 at 01:55 AM.

  4. #229
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    17,227
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    this is what i dont understand though... why is the jazz so shocking? they lost hayward but kept favors/gobert and added rubio... they were a 51 win team last year werent they?


    https://www.basketball-reference.com.../UTA/2017.html


    they lost hayward but were a 51-31 and gained pieces... how and why the heck is this shocking.
    This is a joke, right? They lost three of their top four scorers and implemented new pieces with Donovan being their "Hayward" as a rookie.

  5. #230
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    92,525
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    This is a joke, right? They lost three of their top four scorers and implemented new pieces with Donovan being their "Hayward" as a rookie.
    no its not a joke.... the moment when losing 2 of those 3 that are known as top scorers are all under 15ppg lolololol... is this real life??? They kept Gobert... They kept favors... they added a defensive PG and jae crowder... mitch helped fill the void but this is what i mean about these stupid arguments... the 51 win jazz are a more surprising team than the 28 win sixers who were known to not stay healthy that upped their win total 24 games all because the jazz lost hayward who is a top 25 player?

    GH was the only one at 16... everyone else is under 12 except gobert/hayward... losing hayward was big... losing anyone else meant nothing because they filled those voids with better 2 way players.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 04-12-2018 at 02:27 AM.

  6. #231
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    17,227
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    no its not a joke.... the moment when losing 2 of those 3 that are known as top scorers are all under 15ppg lolololol... is this real life??? They kept Gobert... They kept favors... they added a defensive PG and jae crowder... mitch helped fill the void but this is what i mean about these stupid arguments... the 51 win jazz are a more surprising team than the 28 win sixers who were known to not stay healthy that upped their win total 24 games all because the jazz lost hayward who is a top 25 player?

    GH was the only one at 16... everyone else is under 12 except gobert/hayward... losing hayward was big... losing anyone else meant nothing because they filled those voids with better 2 way players.
    Your only concern was staying healthy.. Jazz lost an All-Star and no one expected them to be a 50 win team in the West.. and you are lying if you say you did. Defensive PG who can't score... And Jae Crowder? Bro, stop it. You were probably talking about how bad he was for the Cavs but he has been terrible for Jazz as well. How is it a stupid argument? Are you telling me that if before the season, they would lose Hayward+Hill+Hood for Mitchell+Rubio+Crowder, they should win the same amount of games? Stop lying man.. We knew Ben+Embiid were gonna be good but health was their only concern. We had no idea what Donovan was going to do. None.

  7. #232
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    17,227
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    no its not a joke.... the moment when losing 2 of those 3 that are known as top scorers are all under 15ppg lolololol... is this real life??? They kept Gobert... They kept favors... they added a defensive PG and jae crowder... mitch helped fill the void but this is what i mean about these stupid arguments... the 51 win jazz are a more surprising team than the 28 win sixers who were known to not stay healthy that upped their win total 24 games all because the jazz lost hayward who is a top 25 player?

    GH was the only one at 16... everyone else is under 12 except gobert/hayward... losing hayward was big... losing anyone else meant nothing because they filled those voids with better 2 way players.
    Yeah.. I think it's time we change the subject. I don't believe you know what you're talking about here. And top three/four scorers were half their PPG. You don't replace that easily and if I told you that a rookie would be their leading scorer by a large margin, you wouldn't believe it. He's their most versatile and reliable scorer 100%. He's a large part of why they have won games because as good as their defense is, how many games do you think they win if Donovan isn't scoring? Hayward and Hill were also good two-way players... we don't even need to talk about offense, do we?

  8. #233
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    92,525
    I am legit at a loss for words that we are discussing the loss of HILL and hood... yes hayward was a big loss but again its not like they lost a top 10 player... let me make sure I am understanding this..... mitchell made this team a 50 win team by shooting 20ppg on an inefficient level and in the same sentence you are telling me how important Hill and hood are because of PPG and that is why this was so amazing.... Dmitch covered up for their combined loss even though he didnt come close to hayward let alone hayward/hood/hill???
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 04-12-2018 at 02:47 AM.

  9. #234
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    17,227
    What's the point. It feels like unless we all suck Ben Simmons dry, you refuse to listen anyways. I'm out

  10. #235
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    92,525
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    What's the point. It feels like unless we all suck Ben Simmons dry, you refuse to listen anyways. I'm out
    lmfao amazing rebuttal.

  11. #236
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    17,227
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    lmfao amazing rebuttal.
    It's not a rebuttal. It's a statement. You really don't want to give Donovan any credit it seems.

  12. #237
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    17,227


    https://youtu.be/czAeQyp4HJM?list=PL...zQ1ldX3K&t=269

    But yeah, Donovan is not important. He's just someone who shoots the ball more. Give me a break. Simmons is the better player but he does not score the ball as well as Donovan can. Donovan's offense gives the Jazz the ability to focus more on defense because they have someone who can score. If you think he's just stealing shots from his teammate's or something, it's because you very clearly, as I've pointed out already, haven't watched a single Jazz game. And you know it.

  13. #238
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    17,227
    And for argument's sake, Ben would not be able to help the Jazz the way Donovan has the same way Donovan won't help the Sixers the way Ben can. They're playing two entirely different games based on the system of the team. Simply trying to compare stats at this point is beyond comparison. It's about who does what and Donovan can score the ball on a team that needs scoring while Ben can be a lesser-LeBron for a team that needs it.

  14. #239
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,893
    I'm starting to like this new Sixers team and they're only going to get better.

    But goddamn.....these fans......At least Warriors fans had a championship team to hang their hat on (haven't seen some of the worst ones lately but if they win the championship this year, they'll be back).

  15. #240
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    23,046
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I am legit at a loss for words that we are discussing the loss of HILL and hood... yes hayward was a big loss but again its not like they lost a top 10 player... let me make sure I am understanding this..... mitchell made this team a 50 win team by shooting 20ppg on an inefficient level and in the same sentence you are telling me how important Hill and hood are because of PPG and that is why this was so amazing.... Dmitch covered up for their combined loss even though he didnt come close to hayward let alone hayward/hood/hill???
    Mitchell is legitimately LEADING that team as a rookie, a good squad with good pieces but no one expected them to be in the mix like this. Simmons has kinda been doing that himself recently, but majority of the year Embiid was a dominant player next to him

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •