Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 39 of 39
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    48,602
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Also legitimate question here... just want to draw a parallel.. why do people see David Johnson as a top 3 pick but ARob is now suddenly worse than Nelson Agholor? Legitimately not trying to be a douche, I just want to see why the thought process is different... ARob certainly is at a more ďpremiumĒ position, and has had an equal amount of ďgood seasonsĒ


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Because David Johnson didn't have a horribly mediocre season in-between. You can't just ignore Robinson's 2016 season.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    21,374
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Because David Johnson didn't have a horribly mediocre season in-between. You can't just ignore Robinson's 2016 season.
    Iím not ignoring it... his mediocre season really wasnít as bad as you want to make it seem. He was still arguably better than Agholor except his QB was a schmuck... you also canít ignore the positional value. Johnson plays a position thatís just much easier to fill than WR. This is a discussion for a different time though... I was just curious. I seem to value Johnson a lot lower than most because of his position I guess


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    22,734
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Because David Johnson didn't have a horribly mediocre season in-between. You can't just ignore Robinson's 2016 season.
    I agree Robinson was a disappointment coming off that huge season but he still had a decent year for a down year. I'm curious as to how you view Alshon Jeffery since his numbers this year are awfully similar to Robinson's "mediocre" season.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    48,602
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Iím not ignoring it... his mediocre season really wasnít as bad as you want to make it seem. He was still arguably better than Agholor except his QB was a schmuck... you also canít ignore the positional value. Johnson plays a position thatís just much easier to fill than WR. This is a discussion for a different time though... I was just curious. I seem to value Johnson a lot lower than most because of his position I guess


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Johnson is also super-elite at his position, and Robinson is far from it.

    He looked pretty awful in 2016. He definitely didn't look like a "superstar" (your words). And I don't think he even looked like one in 2015.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    21,374
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Johnson is also super-elite at his position, and Robinson is far from it.

    He looked pretty awful in 2016. He definitely didn't look like a "superstar" (your words). And I don't think he even looked like one in 2015.
    Iím not saying he looked like a superstar in 2016. Never said that so thatís a bit of a strawman I guess. 2015 he led the nfl in receiving touch downs, was the only playmaker on a bad team, and looked pretty darn elite in games. If you donít want to say heplayed like a superstar in 15 thatís fine but he was pretty ****ing awesome...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    4,964
    Robinson hasn't been that good outside of the 2015 season, but he's still a #1 WR. Not elite or anything, but a #1 nonetheless. Which I don't think Anderson is, plus Agholor has been a pretty big bust up until this year, when Pederson's scheme made pretty much everyone on that offense look good.

    I think Eagles still lose this a bit in value, but I don't think it's a rape, unless you're really caught in "what have you done for me lately".

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    48,602
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    I agree Robinson was a disappointment coming off that huge season but he still had a decent year for a down year. I'm curious as to how you view Alshon Jeffery since his numbers this year are awfully similar to Robinson's "mediocre" season.
    I would take Jeffery over Robinson, but I think he's fairly overrated too. The difference between him and Robinson is that Robinson got peppered with targets because there was nothing else on that roster. He had 30 more than Alshon.

    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Iím not saying he looked like a superstar in 2016. Never said that so thatís a bit of a strawman I guess. 2015 he led the nfl in receiving touch downs, was the only playmaker on a bad team, and looked pretty darn elite in games. If you donít want to say heplayed like a superstar in 15 thatís fine but he was pretty ****ing awesome...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No, I'm saying you called in a superstar. Which he has never been. And never will be. He was good, not as good as you think he was. I really don't believe that you have an actual football opinion on him, seeing how you tried to make Lamarcus Joyner your #1 CB until you googled and realized he played FS and NB this year.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    21,374
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    I would take Jeffery over Robinson, but I think he's fairly overrated too. The difference between him and Robinson is that Robinson got peppered with targets because there was nothing else on that roster. He had 30 more than Alshon.



    No, I'm saying you called in a superstar. Which he has never been. And never will be. He was good, not as good as you think he was. I really don't believe that you have an actual football opinion on him, seeing how you tried to make Lamarcus Joyner your #1 CB until you googled and realized he played FS and NB this year.
    Superstar is a very subjective term so Iím not really sure why youíre harping on that so much. He was a very good receiver... a #1 in 2015 for sure. 2016 he played more like a #2-3 while his QB played at a substantially mediocre level.

    Thatís fine you can believe whatever you want to believe about me. Its not the first time youíve questioned my ability to formulate an opinion and using ďgoogleĒ, and itís your right to formulate an opinion about me. I can tell you the reality of what happened was Quin talked me out of playing him out of position because my feel was that people would still think he could play Corner at a high level... he swayed my opinion in that itís a voter oriented system, and playing a guy out of position would be tough to sway. Believe it if you want, but I have nothing beyond that to say.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    27,252
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Anderson literally might not play this year... isnít he still facing a pretty serious court hearing? I just donít see how anyone could want that looming over a player
    Because Anderson will get a 4 game suspension max and was a far better WR last year.

    ARob hasnt been good since 2015, and people just like him because he was a late round fantasy god then because he racked up stats in garbage time, just like Bortles that year.

    Not to mention Aghalor just came off his best season yet and looked like hes gotten over his dropitis for the most part.

    The Ajayi / Yeldon swap is just **** icing on the **** cake
    Rand University



    Rocky Top youíll always be
    Home sweet home to me
    Good olí Rocky Top
    Rocky Top Tennessee

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •