Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Man, I know there would never really be a way to be this transparent with the public, but I would sure love to get to see what a Theo/Jed pitch to a FA is like and how it compares to other teams' FOs.....obviously they do a pretty darn good job getting their guy....

Also, I know if they'd landed Ohtani, they may not have been as aggressive with Yu, but just imagining having them both is pretty fun hahah

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    As for as I can tell, 19 players have worn #1 in Cubs history but NO pitchers (at least until Tseung throws a pitch for the Cubs in 2018). Now if someone wants to correct me on that, be my guess, but I have not found a Cub pitcher to have worn #1 in their history.

--------

Right now, Stroman (6), Urias (7), Leake (8), Blake Snell (4), Adam Ottovino (0) are the only pitchers that I can find that are wearing signle digits.

Rare indeed.
    CJ Edwards....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As for as I can tell, 19 players have worn #1 in Cubs history but NO pitchers (at least until Tseung throws a pitch for the Cubs in 2018). Now if someone wants to correct me on that, be my guess, but I have not found a Cub pitcher to have worn #1 in their history.

--------

Right now, Stroman (6), Urias (7), Leake (8), Blake Snell (4), Adam Ottovino (0) are the only pitchers that I can find that are wearing signle digits.

Rare indeed.
    You may have heard of Carl Edwards Jr. he wears number 6

Quote Originally Posted by BigRoy View Post
    CJ Edwards....

We were talking SP, but Edwards is certainly an example of a RP who wears single digits.
    We're From Philadelphia

We. Fight.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Come Be The Apple Of The PWW Owner's Eye!

*PSD Wrestling Wars Link* http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...restling-Wars!

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    We were talking SP, but Edwards is certainly an example of a RP who wears single digits.
    In defense. Ottavino was listed and he’s a reliever.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRoy View Post
    In defense. Ottavino was listed and he’s a reliever.

Ahhh yeah, that makes sense. I didn't see him sneak his number in there. I was primarily concerned with a SP with a digit so low, but yeah, there are very few pitchers in general who go that route.
    We're From Philadelphia

We. Fight.

I give, I give. My bad on the slip up.
    ----

First ST games start a week from Friday, can't we talk about that instead?
    Screw sabermetics.

Cubs to sign P Yu Darvish: 6 years, $126 mil (up to $150 mil with incentives)

I give, I give. My bad on the slip up.
    ----

First ST games start a week from Friday, can't we talk about that instead?
    Yep! I made a ST thread so we can start talking about games and stuff in there!

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...raining-Thread

#FlyTheW
    2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CubbyChaser107 View Post
    Man, I know there would never really be a way to be this transparent with the public, but I would sure love to get to see what a Theo/Jed pitch to a FA is like and how it compares to other teams' FOs.....obviously they do a pretty darn good job getting their guy....

Also, I know if they'd landed Ohtani, they may not have been as aggressive with Yu, but just imagining having them both is pretty fun hahah
    With as little money as Ohtani is making I would think they would have tried for both. He makes way less than Chatwood. Imagine if we got Ohtani, he'd be the 5th starter.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Judging a closer by saves is like judging a leadoff hitter by runs scored or a cleanup guy by RBIs. The closer is supposed to convert saves like leadoff guy is supposed to get on and get in and the cleanup guy is supposed to drive people in, but it offers such an incomplete version of their performance. There are so many better ways now to isolate and evaluate a player's performance. We seem to understand that when it comes to runs, RBI, and wins, but for some reason people don't view saves the same way.

Judging a non-closer by saves is crazy. They can only compile negative numbers in that category if they aren't given the opportunity to rack up saves.

This is why Holland still doesn't have a job. Teams are smarter now and aren't evaluating people based on saves.

No Levine, the Cubs should not pass on Bryce Harper. You dunce.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by ILMindState View Post
    This is why Holland still doesn't have a job. Teams are smarter now and aren't evaluating people based on saves.
    That, and he does have a draft pick associated with him.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by ILMindState View Post
    Teams get it. Fans don't.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Teams get it. Fans don't.
    This

Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast