Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    I'm not 100% sure, but I think those escalators are per year. So if he wins the CY in 2018 his salary goes up by $2 mil in each of the next 5 years. If he wins another Cy in 2019 it goes up another $2 mil in each of the next 4 years. However, if he actually wins the Cy in each of the next 2 years then he's opting out of the contract anyway and it's the greatest 2 year signing in team history.
    I see, thanks for that. It’s a smartly structured contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    Good for you. Glad you are rock solid in your faith in him as a closer. I know every successful 8th inning reliever that has moved to closer has also been succcessful.

Appreciate the asinine comment as well as you pointing out how f’ed up my cooking up save conversations was for a potential closer. You could have maybe not been so angered about it but whatever. Sorry I posted, we have nothing to worry about with Morrow.

You can’t make an opinion on anything in here without not only disagreeing but getting ripped for it.
    What you can't do in here is misapply statistics without expecting to be corrected on it.
    Last edited by davearm; 02-13-2018 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davearm View Post
    What you can't do in here is misapply statistics without expecting to be corrected on it.
    I dont have an issue with being “corrected”, it just doesn’t have to be put forward in “f’ed up” and “asinine” because you are knowledgeable in advanced stats and I am an old timer. But hey, if that makes you feel better then whatever.

The last three Cubs to wear #1: Cody Ransom, Tony Campana, Kosuke Fukudome.

I dont have an issue with being “corrected”, it just doesn’t have to be put forward in “f’ed up” and “asinine” because you are knowledgeable in advanced stats and I am an old timer. But hey, if that makes you feel better then whatever.
    Your "it's not disingenuous, it's fact" snark was the first shot fired.

https://twitter.com/faridyu/status/9...0%7Ctwterm%5E0

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    The last three Cubs to wear #1: Cody Ransom, Tony Campana, Kosuke Fukudome.
    It'll be weird to see a SP with a single digit. Wonder when the last time the Cubs had a SP with a single digit.
    We're From Philadelphia

We. Fight.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    It'll be weird to see a SP with a single digit. Wonder when the last time the Cubs had a SP with a single digit.
    Been looking and finding one is proving harder than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Been looking and finding one is proving harder than I thought.
    I'm a huge uniform nut and SP's with single digits league wise are incredibly rare.
    We're From Philadelphia

We. Fight.

Yu seems like a pretty cool guy from this clip and from his Twitter.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rW6uF7JThqI

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I'm a huge uniform nut and SP's with single digits league wise are incredibly rare.
    I always enjoy seeing how numbers are passed down through the years. Happ wearing Dawson's #8. Bryant wearing Grace's #17.

https://twitter.com/Josh_Frydman/sta...6%7Ctwterm%5E0
    I think I like this guy.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Good for you. Glad you are rock solid in your faith in him as a closer. I know every successful 8th inning reliever that has moved to closer has also been succcessful.

Appreciate the asinine comment as well as you pointing out how f’ed up my cooking up save conversations was for a potential closer. You could have maybe not been so angered about it but whatever. Sorry I posted, we have nothing to worry about with Morrow.

You can’t make an opinion on anything in here without not only disagreeing but getting ripped for it.
    I agree with you that not every guy can handle the 9th inning. This game is full of guys who've had very good stuff and failed in the 9th.

That said just about every good closer was a good set up guy first. So based on Morrow stuff and how he's pitched as a reliever the last few years. There's nothing saying he can't do it right now. I think it was a smart gamble to use your money towards a SP like Darvish. Rather then throw your money at Wade Davis at his age and get a lesser SP.

Now if Morrow fails as the closer? Well then you go with Steve Cishek in the short term and try to bring in a guy at the deadline who's a closer. Sure maybe you won't get someone as good as Chapman this time. But a guy like Britton and others will be out there. As of right I feel going with a guy who has stuff like Morrow. Who you could get at 9 million a year due to being hurt as a SP and never closing before.

Seems like a savy move to me and the Cubs even brought in insurance in Cishek. Let's not forget Cishek had saved 25 plus games 3 or the last 5 years. So he might not be a guy you want to count on in the role for a full season. Since he lost the closer role with Marlins and Mariners for a reason. But he's a guy who can fill in fine if Morrow to goes on DL. Or even from say May through July if need be.
    Last edited by cubswin25; 02-13-2018 at 07:58 PM.

Nm.
    Last edited by Bluefire; 02-14-2018 at 12:44 AM.
    Screw sabermetics.

Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast