Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast

Super Bowl Champion Philadephia Eagles Off-Season Discussion Thread

That's right, you read it right, SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS MOTHER ****ERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, now that we have officially made it to the off-season, I guess we need a place to discuss the things that people talk about in an off-season. ere's the thing, this time, I SAID THIS TIME, we do at as the REIGNING CHAMPS OF THE NFL. God damn it feels goooooooood!

As the off-season progresses I will do my best to keep the thread popping with important news, dates, and notes.

That being said, WE THE CHAMPS!

The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS

#15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

I will FINALLY be able to hear those words
    "With the 32nd pick in the 2018 draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select..."

I guess the BIG offseason news will revolve around Foles.
    We will soon hear which assistant coaches will be leaving.
    I'm going to guess that free agents will be dying to come to Philly now to get their own Super Bowl rings.

Biggest needs I foresee:

Offensive line depth - OT specifically.
    Tight End - Celek may retire? Who knows. I think Burton is about to get paid.
    Linebacker - Need depth here and insurance for Hicks
    Safety - Depth. Jenkins has been phenomenal and so has McLeod.
    DT - Depth. Beau Allen will probably get paid.

What's crazy is that we literally don't need new starters lol. At least not at this very moment. An argument could be made for another outside receiver, but Torrey did a fine job in the playoffs despite the drops. We have so many offensive weapons, I'm all about bolstering up this defense now.

The return... 2018-19

“Carson Wentz (knee) was seen throwing up to 50 yards prior to Super Bowl LII.
    No longer confined to crutches, Wentz let it rip during pregame warmups on Sunday, throwing balls up to 50 yards off his back foot. Wentz is making noticeable progress in his recovery from a torn ACL and expects to be ready for Week 1. Despite the injury, the second-year signal caller has promised not to change his style of play.”

Per roto.

I just hope he doesn’t push himself so hard that he hurts himself further. Take it easy boo.

Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    Biggest needs I foresee:

Offensive line depth - OT specifically.
    Tight End - Celek may retire? Who knows. I think Burton is about to get paid.
    Linebacker - Need depth here and insurance for Hicks
    Safety - Depth. Jenkins has been phenomenal and so has McLeod.
    DT - Depth. Beau Allen will probably get paid.

What's crazy is that we literally don't need new starters lol. At least not at this very moment. An argument could be made for another outside receiver, but Torrey did a fine job in the playoffs despite the drops. We have so many offensive weapons, I'm all about bolstering up this defense now.
    Something like only 2 starters aren’t signed. Blount and Bradham. I like both, especially Bradham. However LB is still a major need.

Vaitai just MIGHT be good enough. He did a fantastic job in the playoffs.

Have to bring back bradham

I like Blount and would hate to see him go as a person but as a RB it really depends on how much

I think we should try and bring burton back. He’s a perfect 2nd TE

Kinda hoping celek retires. An awesome eagle I’m hoping that he walks off into the sunset but he’s been like a 6th offensive lineman for us for so many years now. But id like to use his money to bring back burton

Depth is not my concern per se because that’s what the draft is for. Especially when all your starters are coming back

This is where the eagles can contend long term. This is kinda how roseman set us up to have a chance to win more than one of these in the wentz era. We have a nucleus of great players. And now what you do is you draft well behind these guys to keep the process going.

Most teams are actively trying to build a nucleus. It’s how the patriots have done it. You find the contending nucleus. And then you just draft your depth who eventually become the nucleus. Like a continued regurgitation of talent

What made the patriots great? Tom Brady and next man up because the coach was so great that the system allowed for next man up

Why did the eagles beat the pats? Because doug pederson is the first coach since belicheck to seemingly recreate next man up

WHo personified next man up more than the eagles this year?

So what does that mean for next year?

Have to continue to build that through the draft. I honestly never thought I’d see the eagles in THIS position. Where they’re so filled with starting talent that the draft isn’t to find starters but to fill out the roster and replace less productive guys. Amazing

Looking at the roster. There’s one major question. Foles

Because player wise. We could use depth at LB, on the offensive line and defensive line couldn’t hurt. Also if a talented RB falls to us why not if we let Blount walk.

I’m really interested in how roseman and the eagles handle this. Obviously we won’t be major free agency players because we don’t need starters.

So with foles the question is. What’s his value out there vs with us. I wouldn’t trade his security for anything less than a high second round pick. If someone wants to offer a first or a 2nd and 4th then maybe, otherwise I’d rather see foles here to help insure our phenom qb who is a Mobile qb coming off a major injury

My personal big hope is that this eagles team with all the offensive weapons in the world does the smart thing and solidified the offensive line. Everyone in the media has jumped on the bandwagon and is calling the eagles offensive line the best in the league. It’s because we won the Super Bowl. In reality they’re very good with some real studs. That right side is the best. That left side is solid. Big V stepped up big time. Couldn’t hurt to grab more talent on the line overall though, at least to insure against injury.

I’d mainly like to see us retain as much as we can. Chris long is the big one I’d like back in terms of backups. LOVED the long and Barnett combo off the bench.

Outside of that the eagles truly have the world at their finger tips as far as improving the roster. Every single draft pick is potential to improve an already Super Bowl winning roster because 20-22 starters are under contract. That’s a new thing for us as fans

I think the Eagles trade their 1st to go back in the 2nd round. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Patrick Robinson? Isn’t he a free agent? I thought it was blunt, Bradham, Robinson and long as FA’s. I think Blount is a goner.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Would be ideal, but also would be cool to hear the last pick of Day One in Dallas go to the Super Bowl Champs.

The return... 2018-19

Quote Originally Posted by mnatiq View Post
    Patrick Robinson? Isn’t he a free agent? I thought it was blunt, Bradham, Robinson and long as FA’s. I think Blount is a goner.
    I think P-Rob is gone. He'll forever be a legend for that pick six vs. Minnesota.

The return... 2018-19

Quote Originally Posted by mnatiq View Post
    Robinson is a for sure goner. With Douglas and jones here I don’t see any chance we bring him back. Well probably draft another corner late to be the 5th guy. As good as Robinson was I think they spend their money elsewhere

I’d like to see long back, bradham 100% back, burton back

Blount if we can keep him cheap on a multi year deal. Like 2 years.

Guy has 3 rings and is clearly a leader on the roster. Not a huge fan of him as a runner sometimes and that may be the thing that gets him not brought back

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Possibly. Because like I previously said we’ve built the nucleus it becomes a numbers game. The patriots always stockpiled picks to fill out the middle to back end of the roster. The more talent you have at 2nd and 3rd deep the more chance you have of long term success because when guys win they want more money and when that starts to happen you have to have next man up guys who fill their spot

Normally I’d say the eagles won’t win the Super Bowl next year unless they improve because everyone watches the champion and improves themselves to beat the champion and if we were to stay the same we’d likely not have a shot

Buuuuut were a very unusual team in that we won with backups at key positions lol. LT, MLB and oh ya QB. So that alone may make us improve enough to repeat assuming people stay healthy come playoff time.

We need to replace a couple key rotation guys. Some of that can be done in roster, like Patrick Robinson can be replaced with Douglas or jones

And some guys like beau Allen and potentially burton or bradham or long need to be replaced if not retained because they were huge parts of our run

Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    Would be ideal, but also would be cool to hear the last pick of Day One in Dallas go to the Super Bowl Champs.
    And it should have to be announced by Drew Pearson.

The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS

#15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

Wait. Is the Draft in Dallas next year? LMAO. haha going to be sooooo much fun if it is cuz we the mah****in champs.

Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast