Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 37 of 69 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 555 of 1032
  1. #541
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    13,776
    I have a feeling the eagles are looking at hicks and bradham to be nickel linebackers and play bulk snaps and have corey Nelson be the base weakside backer

    And trade Kendrick’s

    That’s my assumption

    As of now I’d argue our defense has improved slightly from last season with potential to get even better depending on how those young corners all develop

    But the addition of Bennett and Ngata are improvements at our strongest area and if hicks is healthy we improve at LB even without Kendrick’s

  2. #542
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    72,554
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkey3472 View Post
    Beau Allen signed with the Bucs, which was expected since we brought in Ngata. I'm glad a team is giving him an opportunity to start.
    Beau is Bae.

    Gonna miss him.

    The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS


    #15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

  3. #543
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    7,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkey3472 View Post
    Beau Allen signed with the Bucs, which was expected since we brought in Ngata. I'm glad a team is giving him an opportunity to start.
    apparently we dont have a done deal with Ngata. We is scheduled to come in for a meeting.
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    EMBRACE. THE. TARGET.

  4. #544
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Toronto Area, Canada
    Posts
    116
    If Beau's contract is reasonably high..... with him and Burton we should at least see some compensatory picks next year

  5. #545
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    38,053
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deuce View Post
    If Beau's contract is reasonably high..... with him and Burton we should at least see some compensatory picks next year
    How does that work vs the FA the Eagles would sign?

    And do re-signing our own FA (bradham possibly robinson) effect that?

    I'm so confused with comp picks and Eagles usually never get any lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  6. #546
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Toronto Area, Canada
    Posts
    116
    Its a very good question.....Im not sure but I dont think resigning our own FA count against it, but im not sure.

    There probably is a formula regarding $'s and perhaps AAV for contracts that plays into it

    I just figure that we are going to spend a lot less in Free Agency this year than the Free Agents we have let go i.e Burton, Allen, and others to come, will get on the open market.

    Hopefully, that will net us the picks

  7. #547
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,834
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    How does that work vs the FA the Eagles would sign?

    And do re-signing our own FA (bradham possibly robinson) effect that?

    I'm so confused with comp picks and Eagles usually never get any lol
    It goes by having signed less FAs than you lost via FA, Salaries signed in FA (for and against), and awards of players lost/gained via FA. I think they're usually decided at the NFL owner's meetings which, I think, starts on March 25th this year.

  8. #548
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,834
    Also, if my math is correct, we should be looking at a comp pick this offseason. The only FAs we would seem to get are Ngata (uknown $) and Nelson (2.25M). All others are coming via trades right? Losses are/could be Burton (32M), Beau Allen (unknown), possibly P Rob, Blount, Sproles, C. Graham, Ellerbe, Braman, and Sturgis. This is the best explanation...it really depends on how many of these FAs get picked up prior to June 1st too...We shall see...

  9. #549
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Toronto Area, Canada
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    Also, if my math is correct, we should be looking at a comp pick this offseason. The only FAs we would seem to get are Ngata (uknown $) and Nelson (2.25M). All others are coming via trades right? Losses are/could be Burton (32M), Beau Allen (unknown), possibly P Rob, Blount, Sproles, C. Graham, Ellerbe, Braman, and Sturgis. This is the best explanation...it really depends on how many of these FAs get picked up prior to June 1st too...We shall see...
    These would be comp picks we would get for 2019 draft...... i think the league announces what they are around Feb of that year....so we wont know exactly till next Feb

  10. #550
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Lehigh County, PA
    Posts
    1,223
    So far, Howie is concentrating on moves for the defense.
    So far, it looks like the draft will concentrate on offense.

  11. #551
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Toronto Area, Canada
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    So far, Howie is concentrating on moves for the defense.
    So far, it looks like the draft will concentrate on offense.
    Be interesting to see what they do at TE...... with only Ertz on the roster now

    Word is they are high on Billy Brown, but i have to believe it will be something they address in later rounds of the draft

  12. #552
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    38,053
    Eagles approached Curry to restructure deal; if not restructured, could be released. This according to Derrick Gunn
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  13. #553
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Toronto Area, Canada
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Eagles approached Curry to restructure deal; if not restructured, could be released. This according to Derrick Gunn
    Be great if he restructured making it easier to trade him and get some draft capital, rather than just releasing him

  14. #554
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    16,114
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deuce View Post
    Be great if he restructured making it easier to trade him and get some draft capital, rather than just releasing him
    I can't imagine he'd restructure just for them to deal him away.

  15. #555
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Toronto Area, Canada
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkey3472 View Post
    I can't imagine he'd restructure just for them to deal him away.
    Im not sure he would get more money than the Eagles committed to him, on the open market. He had a solid year, but unlikely to find the lucrative contract he currently has.

Page 37 of 69 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •