Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 69 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    pretty sure he is here to play ST
    I think it's a little more than just ST per what LL just said and my buddy just sent me a text that Broncos coaches starting giving him more snaps before he got hurt.

I don't think he'll be a Bradham replacement but he'll definitely be more than Goode/Douglas were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    pretty sure he is here to play ST
    Nah, he's here to play LB as well. He turned down a perfectly identical offer from Denver, except his role wouldn't change. Philly must have promised him some PT at LB.

The return... 2018-19

Can someone explain how this re-structuring works with Johnson and potentially Brooks? I get that it basically done to get under the cap or create more cap. However you still have to pay them that money in the future, so I feel like in the future the Eagles are going to be stuck in the same situation they are now because you owe more money to players in the future after re-structuring and that will come at a time when Wentz is going to get a mega deal. So for this year I am of course happy the Eagles could get under the cap without having to cut any important players, but at the same time not happy because this is going to hurt them in the future. I missing something?

Apparantly we are going after Jordy Nelson. Haven't saw him play in years. Does he even have anything left? What is he even good at, what's his skill set anymore? Seems like he's been injured for like the entire last 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    Nah, he's here to play LB as well. He turned down a perfectly identical offer from Denver, except his role wouldn't change. Philly must have promised him some PT at LB.
    This is what I have read and heard via Ian Rap. early on NFL network.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
    Can someone explain how this re-structuring works with Johnson and potentially Brooks? I get that it basically done to get under the cap or create more cap. However you still have to pay them that money in the future, so I feel like in the future the Eagles are going to be stuck in the same situation they are now because you owe more money to players in the future after re-structuring and that will come at a time when Wentz is going to get a mega deal. So for this year I am of course happy the Eagles could get under the cap without having to cut any important players, but at the same time not happy because this is going to hurt them in the future. I missing something?
    It has a lot to do with promised money, signing bonuses, and all that jazz...read this and it may help: https://www.si.com/2014/02/26/nfl-salary-cap-explained

Quote Originally Posted by JerzeyFresh View Post
    Apparantly we are going after Jordy Nelson. Haven't saw him play in years. Does he even have anything left? What is he even good at, what's his skill set anymore? Seems like he's been injured for like the entire last 3 years.
    He's actually been healthy the last 2 but fairly unproductive last year. You can blame that on Aaron Rodgers being hurt but I also think he lost a step. He'd still be an upgrade on the outside for us though.

That goes to show how little of him I've saw. Guess he's just been that quiet as of late. We need someone with speed that can take the top off the D to go opposite Jeffery and if Nelson lost a step and can't do that anymore then we don't need him. If that's the case on Nelson I'd rather take Tavon Austin, apparantly he wants to come here, he never hit his potential but he's crazy fast and maybe a change of scenery could help him reach some of that untapped potential.

On a side note I pray we re sign bradham losing him would be such a huge loss. That should be priority #1 for this team right now. Also would really like to bring back Blount and even Sproles too. Especially Blount love what he brought to this team. Probably not very many snaps for Sproles with Clement now, especially if we did bring back Blount, but I'd still like to have him for special teams and to throw in and cause some mismatches out the back field on passing plays, Sproles will always be good for that, Thibk we'd be able to find some snaps for him in the passing game. I miss seeing Mighty Mouse catching wheel routes down the sideline from Wentz and scooting up the field, that play is bread and butter and so fun to watch when it works hope we haven't saw the last of that

FINALLY - The 2018 season begins today at 4 P.M.

Quote Originally Posted by JerzeyFresh View Post
    Source?

I've seen that nowhere.

"Sixers fans... get excited!" - Drew Hanlen

Quote Originally Posted by godunkadunk8 View Post
    Source?

I've seen that nowhere.
    Agreed, sources say Nelson is pursuing a place with the Pats and using the Raiders as a fallback considering the Raiders could cut Crabtree if they signed Nelson

No word of the Eagles having any interest.....and I think thats a good thing. If he wasnt willing to take a paycut with the Packs to stay with Aaron Rodgers then he is convinced that he is more valuable than he actually is at this stage of his career

Hmm... Michael Bennett, upon being traded, will get a 1.725m signing bonus with 4mil available in incentives for 2018. His cap hit will rise from 5.65 to 7.375. Interesting. Obviously it won't effect this season since it'll be after the 2018 starts but definitely to help in the future.
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Bradham re-signed!!!!!!!!

Today is going to be so exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Bradham re-signed!!!!!!!!
    That is awesome.....he was the #1 priority moving into today from my vantage point

yeah 5 for 40 is quite a bit. I do think Howie and co are going to be really creative today.

They're under the cap from what I gather with the Lane restructure and Celek being cut.

Smith/Worley swap is a 4.5 space saver as well.

A lot of little moving parts to happen. Interesting once it all irons out.

Page 35 of 69 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast