Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).

Which player were 'untouchable' because of their potenial, but shoudln't have been?

Which player were 'untouchable' because of their potenial, but shoudln't have been?

I was thinking back to the time when the Suns were reportedly willing to trade Stoudemire in exchange for J.J. Hickson and other pieces, but the Cavs were reportedly quite adament that they would not give up Hickson in a trade. I don't know how true this was, but when the rumours were flying, some fans were opposed to giving up Hickson to get Amare.

In hindsight, though Amare went down hill shortly thereafter (due to injuries), he would have been ripe to help the Cavs with that title run and perhaps convinced James to stay.

What other player were treated as 'untouchable' in trades early in their career based on potential and shouldn't have been?
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

If the rumors from the 80s are true... Ralph Sampson.

He could have gotten the Rockets Clyde Drexler and the #2. They could have had Drexler/MJ/Dream on one team at the beginning of their careers.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

I think teams were much less inclined to trade young prospects back in the day but now it's rarely the case when they don't pull the trigger. See Vonleh, Dunn, Hield...

Even though right now I think Booker is one 'untouchable' probably shouldn't be

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post

I was thinking back to the time when the Suns were reportedly willing to trade Stoudemire in exchange for J.J. Hickson and other pieces, but the Cavs were reportedly quite adament that they would not give up Hickson in a trade. I don't know how true this was, but when the rumours were flying, some fans were opposed to giving up Hickson to get Amare.

In hindsight, though Amare went down hill shortly thereafter (due to injuries), he would have been ripe to help the Cavs with that title run and perhaps convinced James to stay.

What other player were treated as 'untouchable' in trades early in their career based on potential and shouldn't have been?
    I remember this lol

The first player that comes to mind is Okafor, they kept him 2 years too long and was considered untouchable because of his potential.....which they threw down the drain by not playing him at all.

Ricky Rubio was on everyone radar but turn into an average PG at best

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefistus View Post
    The first player that comes to mind is Okafor, they kept him 2 years too long and was considered untouchable because of his potential.....which they threw down the drain by not playing him at all.
    He was never considered untouchable. The asking price on him was higher than the on court value.

He also went from a team that didnít play him because of conditioning to a team not playing him because of conditioning.

Okafor is a case of the only blame goes on the man in the mirror.

PROCESSING

Everyone is tradable except for about 10 players.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefistus View Post
    Okafor was never ever considered untouchable lol.

Anthony Randolph was viewed as untouchable because of his potential but just never panned out.

Andrea Bargnani
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

I FOUND THE LEGENDARY THREAD

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...es-to-Redskins

Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma, Lonzo Ball

lol

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    If the rumors from the 80s are true... Ralph Sampson.

He could have gotten the Rockets Clyde Drexler and the #2. They could have had Drexler/MJ/Dream on one team at the beginning of their careers.
    Ralph Samsom was the real deal. That was just injuries. When he was healthy, he was elite.

And as great as 'Jordan/Drexler' sounds now, at the time, Hakeem/Samson (two dominant post players) sounded a LOT better to most GMs.

Everybody wanted Moses/Barkley, Hakeem/Thorpe, Daughtery/Nance.

It was Jordan that made wings a viable first option as a structural plan (though other teams relied on the wings in the past).
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    He was never considered untouchable. The asking price on him was higher than the on court value.

He also went from a team that didnít play him because of conditioning to a team not playing him because of conditioning.

Okafor is a case of the only blame goes on the man in the mirror.
    A bust by any other name. It's a shame but he has underperformed even the most dire predictions for his career thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    A bust by any other name. It's a shame but he has underperformed even the most dire predictions for his career thus far.
    I wish we could hit a point where we can say what it is as opposed to trying to blame the franchise.

PROCESSING

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast