Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 69 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1348
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    And yet they're still up... users even threatening mods.
    A sports forum shouldn't be a gulag.

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Was that all guaranteed $? Or no?
    No. He got his guaranteed money prior to release. If it was guaranteed he would’ve just waited to be cut. It make no sense to turn didn’t free guaranteed money.

Page 69! nice.

In spite of what was originally reported, Tavon Austin will officially stay a wide receiver, according to Cowboys OC Scott Linehan (and Austin was issued uniform #10). But he will still sometimes line up in the backfield at get some carries, like he did with the Rams.

Austin will be a slot receiver in 4-WR sets on passing downs, and maybe even on a lot of running downs. The offense might remind some local SMU fans in Dallas of when run-and-shoot master June Jones was their coach. The Cowboys are also planning some read option plays using the athletic talent of Dak Prescott.

I welcome any touches of Tavaon Austin that keeps the ball out of Zeke's hands. Austin sucks.

The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS

#15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    In spite of what was originally reported, Tavon Austin will officially stay a wide receiver, according to Cowboys OC Scott Linehan (and Austin was issued uniform #10). But he will still sometimes line up in the backfield at get some carries, like he did with the Rams.

Austin will be a slot receiver in 4-WR sets on passing downs, and maybe even on a lot of running downs. The offense might remind some local SMU fans in Dallas of when run-and-shoot master June Jones was their coach. The Cowboys are also planning some read option plays using the athletic talent of Dak Prescott.
    I don't see why people seem so confused about how Austin will be used.

Do people not remember Percy Harvin on the Seahawks? And to some degree on the Bills?

He did pretty well with Shady and Beastmode.

If Austin can do the same with Zeke, that would be great for the Cowboys.
    First 4 years:
    Brown - 54 GP, 27 GS, 261 catches (63.3%) for 3,561 yds (8.6 AVG), 15 TD
    Landry - 64 GP, 57 GS, 400 catches (70.2%) for 4,038 yds (10.1 AVG), 22 TD

Huh. Wonder why Landry is getting paid so much...

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Do people not remember Percy Harvin on the Seahawks? And to some degree on the Bills?

Percy Harvin didn't amount to much after leaving Minnnesota.

Tavon Austin should be good for a couple jet sweeps per game though.

The Browns trade CB Jamar Taylor to the Cardinals for a 2020 sixth round pick. I have a feeling he will lose a starting role to Bene Benwikere (and FS Budda Baker will play NB like Tyrann Mathieu did). Either way, the CBs will be Patrick Peterson and somebody who really isn't Patrick Peterson. It's sort of like when the 80s wrestling tag team The Hart Foundation had Bret "Hitman" Hart (an all-time great) and Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart (who basically just did forearm smashes and not much else).

Former Colorado and UCLA HC Rick Neuheisel has taken the head coaching job with Phoenix in the AAF. There are a lot of washed up coaches in that league.
    Last edited by MidwestJimmy; 05-18-2018 at 04:57 PM.

The Browns trade CB Jamar Taylor to the Cardinals for a 2020 sixth round pick. I have a feeling he will lose a starting role to Bene Benwikere (and FS Budda Baker will play NB like Tyrann Mathieu did). Either way, the CBs will be Patrick Peterson and somebody who really isn't Patrick Peterson. It's sort of like when the 80s wrestling tag team The Hart Foundation had Bret "Hitman" Hart (an all-time great) and Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart (who basically just did forearm smashes and not much else).

Former Colorado and UCLA HC Rick Neuheisel has taken the head coaching job with Phoenix in the AAF. There are a lot of washed up coaches in that league.
    I wish Vince would have ditched Neidhart and made Owen the other half of the Hart Foundation when he brought him in. Imagine the matches they would have had with the British Bulldogs.

I like Jamar Taylor but he did better as a slot corner in 2016 than an outside corner in 2017. I'm sure Arizona would only try to use him in the slot occasionally.

With Denzel Ward and EJ Gaines likely handling the outside, the Browns will have a rotation of TJ Carrie, Briean Boddy-Calhoun, and Howard Wilson in the slots, so there was little reason to keep Jamar Taylor for the amount of money he's making. Damarious Randle and Jabrill Peppers will be our safeties.
    The Baker is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Damarious Randle and Jabrill Peppers will be our safeties.
    Kindred was a much better safety than Peppers last year, so I'd expect him to be the starter.

I think it'll be tough for Peppers to see the field, if all of Randall, Kindred, Kirksey, Collins, and Schobert are healthy. I'd say his best fit would be as a WLB in base and 3rd safety in big nickel.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 05-19-2018 at 11:32 AM.

Harvin was more versatile because he was built more like a back.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Damarious Randle and Jabrill Peppers will be our safeties.
    I don't know why the Packers tried to play Randle at CB when he was mostly a safety at ASU. Randle, Peppers, and Kindred would all be starting in a 4-2 (which Gregg Williams used a lot in St. Louis) if former Wisconsin ELB Joe Schobert would not have been as surprising good as an ILB.

Several NFL teams had Kaep listed as a starting FA QB. Weird, looks like the talent assessors and armchair PSD GM's got it wrong, again.

The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS

#15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Several NFL teams had Kaep listed as a starting FA QB. Weird, looks like the talent assessors and armchair PSD GM's got it wrong, again.
    I think he could have started for a few teams without QB's but i don't think it's unfair for an employer to ask him to act a certain way as long as it's legal.

Page 69 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast