Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Olympic Hockey 2018 Thread

Men's hockey runs from February 14th-25th, and Women's hockey runs from the 10th-22nd. Use this thread to discuss the games.

Predictions on standout players that get NHL contracts.

I can't believe they ruined olympic hockey.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Predictions on standout players that get NHL contracts.
    I don't know that any will, but I liked a lot of these players in the past when they were in the NHL:

Wojtek Wolski
    Derek Roy
    Rene Bourque
    Mason Raymond
    Stefan Elliott
    Roman Cervenka (so short lived)
    Martin Erat (Oh yeah)
    Ladislav Nagy
    Kovy
    Pavel
    James Wisniewski
    Marcel Goc
    Christian Ehrhoff
    Joonas Kemppainen (jk lol)
    Linus Omark

Haters gonna hate

Raymond
    Cervenka
    Sekac
    Maybe Bakos
    Marchenko
    Zub
    Grigorenko
    Gusev (even though his rights are owned)

All in all I think Russia will roll this tournament, thus making it a good chance a few of their guys come out with some NHL interest.

Shaiza, I still have anger flashbacks at the mere mention of Martin Erat, so watch it lol

Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    Raymond
    Cervenka
    Sekac
    Maybe Bakos
    Marchenko
    Zub
    Grigorenko
    Gusev (even though his rights are owned)

All in all I think Russia will roll this tournament, thus making it a good chance a few of their guys come out with some NHL interest.
    The Olympic Athletes of Russia should kill everyone. But Iím not sure they will.

It's a bummer for the Americans, who have had an influx of talent in recent years. Eichel and Matthews would've joined a squad that was already significantly improving.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    It's a bummer for the Americans, who have had an influx of talent in recent years. Eichel and Matthews would've joined a squad that was already significantly improving.
    Not there yet IMO. Both have too many holes and I honestly cannot stand Jack Eichel or Johnny Hockey at International hockey. Both refuse to pass the puck, and are prone to key turnovers. Those two stick out more than anybody in the league for me in that area. Reminds me of peewee hockey.

US hockey in 2022 if the NHL returns.. scary.

As a Red Wing fan and a Canadian, watching US' management hurts my head. Them refusing to bring Phil Kessel and bringing the likes of Justin Abdelkader to the World Cup. You also had Brandon Dubinsky, Jack Johnson, etc.

Top of my head:

Patches-Pavelski-Kane
    Gaudreau-Stepan-Wheeler
    JVR-Matthews-Kessel
    Larkin-Kesler-Eichel
    Okposo
    (Parise)

Suter-Carlson
    Fowler-Johnson
    McDonagh-Buff
    Krug
    (Shattenkirk or Faulk)

Shayne Gostisbhere should be on that roster over a few of those d-men. He's among the best PP QB's in hockey and his defensive game has vastly improved.
    We're From Philadelphia

We. Fight.

Max Pacioretty is an overrated pile of crap too. No hockey sense and zero passing ability. I agree with a lot of what you say bran but Patches on the 1st line? Puke.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Shayne Gostisbhere should be on that roster over a few of those d-men. He's among the best PP QB's in hockey and his defensive game has vastly improved.
    Homer, much? He might get the PP spot over Krug, Shatty or Faulk but he's not a lock. Ghost's defensive play last season was putrid.

Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    Max Pacioretty is an overrated pile of crap too. No hockey sense and zero passing ability. I agree with a lot of what you say bran but Patches on the 1st line? Puke.
    All four lines were spread. Patches can shoot, Kane can pass.

Heís got speed and he can shoot. Iíll give you that, if heís with the right set up man, he can be effective

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    Heís got speed and he can shoot. Iíll give you that, if heís with the right set up man, he can be effective
    Maybe. Playing at a level against a stacked Canadian team where you have big physical forwards like Getzlaf through the line-up screams bad news. I don't believe Ghost is a player you bring to the olympics.

I was simply talking about Pacioretty.

I havenít seen enough of the Ghost to make a solid analysis lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast