Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    except that they contended it was a football decision, and not disciplinary
    And Tom Brady is always injured [emoji23]

Pats known for leaking on the truth about players that are dealt, cut, benched - so that BB/Pats don't get as much blame. It also appears in some cases they add a little twist to make it seem worse than it was. So I can see the weed and curfew thing being true - and that's arguably enough. But drunk a couple of times too? What's next? He swore at Patricia? He put a move on a teammates wife?

What is clear that not getting paid then having Gilmore brought in for a ton of money disturbed his sangfroid. He had maybe 4 good games all year. The rest of the season he was below average. He probably cost himself $15+ million in his next contract. He won them a SB, thanks, but all but TB play at BB's sufferance.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Butler wouldn't take the payoff and let the Eagles win.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticsfan2007 View Post
    I've been hearing a bit of the same... from what I've heard (no official reports) is that Malcolm Butler was caught in the team hotel smoking weed and drinking. When confronted about the issues, apparently he and BB son (Steve Belichick who is on the patriots staff) got into a heated argument, and Steve Belechick was punched by Malcolm Butler. Malcolm was informed 5 minutes prior to kickoff that he was not starting and was removed from all defensive packages barring injury.

Not saying any of this is true... just what I've heard. I'm sure that truth will come out soon.
    Didn't hear the punch and heard it was 1 hr not 5 minutes before the game.

But sounds reasonable. Kind of surprising he was allowed to play ST though. They only had 4 healthy DBs from something I read so they may have had no choice.
    First 4 years:
    Brown - 54 GP, 27 GS, 261 catches (63.3%) for 3,561 yds (8.6 AVG), 15 TD
    Landry - 64 GP, 57 GS, 400 catches (70.2%) for 4,038 yds (10.1 AVG), 22 TD

Huh. Wonder why Landry is getting paid so much...

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by cmellofan15 View Post
    Any of it? If he missed curfew he deserved to benched for the entire super bowl? Well Bill Billichek sure proved his point by potentially costing his team a SB.
    Didn't BB send Moss home once for being late?

Do your job applies to everyone.
    First 4 years:

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I love how everyone jumped on Bill for benching Butler when they didn't even know the full story. If all that **** is true, they did the right thing by benching him.
    Maybe. Even if Butler did all of that, was it worth potentially losing the superbowl over? We'll never know, but the Pats might have won with Butler out there.

If I'm the coach... I probably still play him but give the full story to the press after the game to embarrass him and tank his FA value.
    First 4 years:

-Scott van Pelt

Scott Zolak reported more on this situation. Apparently he was late for his curfew because he was at the Rick Ross concert, then got into an altercation with a coach .

PAPI SMASH!

Malcolm Butler benched in Superbowl

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Didn't BB send Moss home once for being late?

Do your job applies to everyone.
    Revis too... and don’t forget the infamous Jonas Gray situation lol... guy torched the colts for 201 and 4 TDs only to be benched and pretty much never see the field again because he was late to practice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

William Belicheck really screwed the pooch on this one.
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = Rebuild Mode! Love my fellow Faithful
    Warriors = 2015 & 2017 NBA CHAMPIONS!
    A's = The young talent is here!
    WINNING!

Hopkins reaching out to Butler, i wouldn’t be mad at that. Will definitely help out if aging secondary

Butler posted statement on ig. Heres the summed up version:

"During Super Bowl week I never attended any concert, missed curfew, or participated [in] any of the ridiculous activities being reported," he wrote. "They are not only false, but hurtful, to me and my family. Although I wish I could have contributed more to help my team win, I have to get ready for the next opportunity."

Quote Originally Posted by StickyGreenFan View Post
    Butler posted statement on ig. Heres the summed up version:

"During Super Bowl week I never attended any concert, missed curfew, or participated [in] any of the ridiculous activities being reported," he wrote. "They are not only false, but hurtful, to me and my family. Although I wish I could have contributed more to help my team win, I have to get ready for the next opportunity."
    ...and so the plot thickens.
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = Rebuild Mode! Love my fellow Faithful
    Warriors = 2015 & 2017 NBA CHAMPIONS!
    A's = The young talent is here!
    WINNING!

Quote Originally Posted by cmellofan15 View Post
    Any of it? If he missed curfew he deserved to benched for the entire super bowl? Well Bill Billichek sure proved his point by potentially costing his team a SB.
    Well yes, if you break rules you'll be punished. It's pretty simple, if you want to play in the damn super bowl get to bed on time.

Who was the dback that had curfew issues at the SB. He played for the pack and I think Atlanta .

Somebody is lying lol.

The return... 2018-19

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast