Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fla.SticKy View Post
    Rather take Lauletta, IMO I think thereís a real shot that Rudolph may be the target. This whole Baker Mayfield thing is Belichick setting a smoke screen to get Miami or Buffalo to overpay on a move up. I think thereís zero chance B.B. pays that steep price to move up to get him.

I think we take our LB at 23 and then ship 31 out for a 2nd & 3rd or 4th, I think rnd 2 is where we make our moves and do the most damage. I can see us going OL, QB, Then either of TE, CB, WR. Belichick is gonna draft his guy of the future, and heís gonna try and make this a canít miss pick...... I highly doubt heís gonna take a project type guy.

I think whoever they take will be a project, Brady was too but his learning curve went on hyperdrive in year two and the rest is history. They all have good and bad film at this point so we'll see how it shapes up on draft day. I just hope they can find a guy with longevity and not turn into a team like the Jesters or Bills who are still searching.

As far as an OT goes...

They might be able to get a really good one if they want to wait two years or can finagle a way with the US Govt to get him earlier. Army's Brett Toth is mean and nasty, and had an excellent week of Shrine Game practices and graded out as one of the best linemen at the Senior Bowl shutting down every top defender they threw at him. I won't be surprised to see the Pats draft him and wait if they have to.

I think the 5th year option is huge for a QB. You need to lock your QB up a year before FA or it can get messy. So the 5th year option letís you delay that by a year and get an extra cheap season. If thereís a guy we really like I say go for it.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbangclock View Post
    I do like Litton and I like Lauletta even better (have seen him play more) but I do agree that Lauletta might go fairly high and am not convinced it is worth chasing him or chasing qbs at all in this draft.I am hoping to see the earlier picks address current areas that need help most.
    I think Lauletta is the guy and he jumped 3-4 weeks ago when that was the talk, so BB is going to try and misdirect 100% for sure. If they can snag him after #45ish BB will do it.

This is a year to watch the draft carefully. BB could make 4-5 deals.

Can also see BB not drafting a QB at all.

Kraft "why didn't you draft one Bill?"

BB: "Nobody on the board as good as JG in his draft, not drafting a QB if it's a poor value. TB will be playing at least 3 more years if not 6 or 7.... so what's the rush. What if we got the riht guy, we'd end up having to deal him in the end....<under his breath> (flaming &*&^ in as wipe)"

Kraft: "What, what was that?"

BB: "Nothing, boss."
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    I think Lauletta is the guy and he jumped 3-4 weeks ago when that was the talk, so BB is going to try and misdirect 100% for sure. If they can snag him after #45ish BB will do it.
    "
    Lauletta helped his cause at the Senior Bowl and has the intangibles that Litton lacks, and he has some family ties to Navy so the stars are lining up for him. I think Litton has more ability so we'll see but it won't be a shock to hear Lauletta's name called.
    Last edited by TKO; 04-07-2018 at 03:10 PM.

People get to caught up in the schools these QBs play for!!! All the top QBs in this draft dont impress me at all. I personally think rudolph and Lauletta are the best QBs in this draft, and i said Jimmy G was the best QB in his draft!!! Everyone thinks because these QB played for. College powerhouses that are going to be the best QBs in the draft. Need to start looking at there college career stats and seeing what they did with subpar teams around them!!! Look at Lauletta in senior bowl he was a beast when he was playing with better skill players, id love to see what he does in a few years studying behind Brady

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I think the 5th year option is huge for a QB. You need to lock your QB up a year before FA or it can get messy. So the 5th year option letís you delay that by a year and get an extra cheap season. If thereís a guy we really like I say go for it.
    I agree with this. Imagine if we had the 5th year option with Jimmy? He'd still be here right now and more than likely having a different conversation right now.

Picking at #31 is key. We can stand to take a QB that's 2-4th round projected/talent at #31 if he's "the guy". Up front we spend more, but long term it could pay huge dividends with a 5th year option.

Also would make sense with the Cooks trade. We get a 1st to use on a non QB, and it freed up #31 for that QB pick.

City of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    I agree with this. Imagine if we had the 5th year option with Jimmy? He'd still be here right now and more than likely having a different conversation right now.

Picking at #31 is key. We can stand to take a QB that's 2-4th round projected/talent at #31 if he's "the guy". Up front we spend more, but long term it could pay huge dividends with a 5th year option.

Also would make sense with the Cooks trade. We get a 1st to use on a non QB, and it freed up #31 for that QB pick.
    But Jimmy's departure wasn't just a contract thing -- Brady kinda forced him out.

Which is really frustrating. It's possible that two AFC East teams finally get their QB's this year, begin to close the gap in the division. Meanwhile TB dithers and hopes to remake the program with Tony Robbins verve.

Quote Originally Posted by elements1985 View Post
    But Jimmy's departure wasn't just a contract thing -- Brady kinda forced him out.

Which is really frustrating. It's possible that two AFC East teams finally get their QB's this year, begin to close the gap in the division. Meanwhile TB dithers and hopes to remake the program with Tony Robbins verve.
    I don't believe it. 90% contractual reasons is why Jimmy isn't here. He's the highest paid QB in the NFL. He was never going to get that here. BB opened contract discussions with him, they weren't even close on numbers, BB got something for him while he could. The franchise tag was never an option because it was too high of a number.

City of Champions

I think the Pats could have kept Garappolo but then they couln't keep TB or if they did then the rest of the roster would have been stripped bare.The Tony Robbins stuff or any snake oil nonsense really turns me off I do wish TB wasn't taking this kind of road but I guess we gotta take the crunchy with the smooth sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    I don't believe it. 90% contractual reasons is why Jimmy isn't here. He's the highest paid QB in the NFL. He was never going to get that here. BB opened contract discussions with him, they weren't even close on numbers, BB got something for him while he could. The franchise tag was never an option because it was too high of a number.
    Sure, but some of the convo has been IF the Pats drafted Jimmy in Round 1, they'd have another year of team control.... Which is highly unlikely given the Brady dynamic.

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, they extend Jimmy to a team-friendly this off-season and move TB this off-season. Instead they're talking about possibly moving up using picks from rounds 1-2 to find a replacement. Really a disgrace.

But the Pats have been linked to just about every QB in the draft, so a lot of smoke.

Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!
    Now they want Lamar Jackson. Any leaks of who the Patriots want are smokescreen's sent out from the team. They don't have much of a benefit making it known around the league who they actually want.

If the team really loves Lamar or Mason in the 1st round, then fine, get that 5th year option. If not, grab Lauletta at 63. It would be interesting to me if they grabbed him at 43, because that would tell me they really like him and/or they are worried he wouldn't make it to 63.

I'm hoping we can get Gesicki or Goedert in the 2nd round. I think they would be so good on this team.
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

HOLY ****

[Click here to register at ProSportsDaily]

The more I think about it the more I hope we draft Vander Esch & Josh Jackson with those first two picks we have. I believe they can both come in and play immediately, and sure up some obvious holes we have. Try and go Connor Williams / Kolton Miller and then Lauletta in rnd 2, then trade the 3rd for a 4th & 5th.

A first round of Vander Esch and Jackson would be fine to me but what if the picks get crazy and Landry slips that would be okay with me as well.Then that gets us to round two and we want OT,QB and possibly TE ...aw, there are only two second round picks...I think this year's draft can be very helpful.

This is just getting ridiculous: http://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patr...ing-retirement

No question, as Tomase suggested yesterday on EEI, that these players are becoming more and more emboldened to challenge the team because of Brady's rift with Belichick. Frankly I don't see how this situation improves.

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast