Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Won't make the 53 man roster.
    He's a long shot but I wouldn't rule it out. As we stand right now, if I had to choose between Niklas making a minimum deal or Allen making $5M, I'd take Niklas.

City of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Not so sure about that.

#31 last year was Reuben Foster. He got 4 yrs, $9,035,309 with $6,873,222 guaranteed. And then the deal comes with the 5th year option.

#33 last year was Kevin King. He got 4 yrs, $7,080,884 with $4,676,592 guaranteed. No 5th year option.

I think the small salary/guarantee increase is far outweighed by the potential payoff of the 5th year option.
    BB's history indicates that he values those high 2nd's.

He has an opportunity this year. A BB deal that wouldn't surprise me is with Carolina.

31, 95, 198 for 55, 85, 88 - then flip up 85 or 88 to get back into the 60-75 range to grab someone. Lots of trades in this draft for BB.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 04-05-2018 at 06:47 AM.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    He's a long shot but I wouldn't rule it out. As we stand right now, if I had to choose between Niklas making a minimum deal or Allen making $5M, I'd take Niklas.
    No doubt. BB has to eradicate the bad money where he can. You can get a blocking TE for $1.5M if you must have one.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

We've been to the AFCCG with Reche Caldwell as our #1 WR. Not all that worried about it.

Still have... (at this moment)

Gronk #1 TE in the league
    Edelman top SWR in the league (pre injury, shouldn't be dramatically worse if not the same)
    Hogan when healthy has been great
    Mitchell who when healthy has shown great flashes

Plus we still have pass catching backs in White and Burkhead.

This offense will be just fine.
    Edleman has to prove over the whole season he hasn't lost a step, and the age isn't an issue. I'm not sure a B+ Edelman translates to say what a B+ Gronk woudl pull of in terms of production. PFF says WR's peak at 26-27, have a gentle downslope, then a drop at age 32, and are basically done at 35. Edelman will be 32 on May 22.

I do think BB will draft/UDFA 2-3 slots for camp, good draft for slots, understudy to Edelman, and maybe try and replace our lost money WR - Amendola.

My source tells me the news on Mitchell isn't good. He's bone on bone in that knee.

The pressure on Gronk to produce and stay healthy is immense.

Who can't like Hogan? But he needs to play healthy this year. If Gronk is out Hogan gets the double, and Edelman is going to be hit harder than ever.

Britt/Dorsett - if we get 30 catches combined out of these two it'll be good.

White is going to line up at WR quite a bit I think. RB's have to be used heavily. We're well ahead of the junk WR's we had in '06, but if Gronk goes down, the difference gets cut about 2/5, add a slowed Edelman 3/5, and no Hogan 4.5/5ths
    Last edited by bagwell368; 04-05-2018 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    BB's history indicates that he values those high 2nd's.

He has an opportunity this year. A BB deal that wouldn't surprise me is with Carolina.

31, 95, 198 for 55, 85, 88 - then flip up 85 or 88 to get back into the 60-75 range to grab someone. Lots of trades in this draft for BB.
    I can see a deal like that. But I think the motivation for that would be having 3 high picks instead of 2, not getting a 2nd rounder instead of a 1 because of contracts.

I don't see a deal like you said earlier where he moves #31 for #33 and a 6th just for the sake of a smaller contract. I think that 5th year, especially for late 1sts, is such a great chip to have that there's no way he'd give that flexibility up just for a 6th. A broader deal like this one is different.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Patriots sign Matthews that makes me feel better about things

Quote Originally Posted by burtgummer View Post
    Replacement for Amendola, and a decent shot it is.

Matthews can run routes so hopefully he fits in with TB,I have no faith that Dorsett or Britt are worthy of a spot on the roster.Patterson offers that once in a while wild card play and speed so Dorsett is really not needed.

Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!
    Glad we have Matthews. Could be a sneaky good move for the slot.

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    No doubt. BB has to eradicate the bad money where he can. You can get a blocking TE for $1.5M if you must have one.
    Allen isn't staying here at 5 regardless. Nobody will be lining to pay him that or close to it. He's taking a paycut. If he refuses, then fine.

FWIW Niklas isn't a blocker.
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

HOLY ****

[Click here to register at ProSportsDaily]

Quote Originally Posted by burtgummer View Post
    Solid move IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Aust View Post
    Glad we have Matthews. Could be a sneaky good move for the slot.

Allen isn't staying here at 5 regardless. Nobody will be lining to pay him that or close to it. He's taking a paycut. If he refuses, then fine.

FWIW Niklas isn't a blocker.
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profil...las?id=2543628

He hasn't been asked to block, and when he was, he wasn't great, but he absolutely can be.

6'6 270lbs, He's gotten stronger since the combine. Let Scar and BB get their hands on him and teach him fundamentals. Under the right tutelage he has the raw physical abilities to be a good blocker.

City of Champions

As of before last year Matthews led the league in yards from the slot. Thatís pretty impressive and he never really played with a good or accurate qb before.

Anyone check out Qb Chase Litton? He has a couple of red flags but could be worth a shot if they pick up an early day three pick in a trade, or with one of their 6ths if he's still there. He can make every throw you want to see in the Pats offense and has the potential to be a decent Qb with a couple of years under Belichick. I don't think Lauletta is worthy of a higher pick if you can get Litton later.

Ideally, I'd like to see them use their top three picks on needs and grab a player like him later after trading down with #95.

Quote Originally Posted by TKO View Post
    Anyone check out Qb Chase Litton? He has a couple of red flags but could be worth a shot if they pick up an early day three pick in a trade, or with one of their 6ths if he's still there. He can make every throw you want to see in the Pats offense and has the potential to be a decent Qb with a couple of years under Belichick. I don't think Lauletta is worthy of a higher pick if you can get Litton later.

Ideally, I'd like to see them use their top three picks on needs and grab a player like him later after trading down with #95.
    Rather take Lauletta, IMO I think thereís a real shot that Rudolph may be the target. This whole Baker Mayfield thing is Belichick setting a smoke screen to get Miami or Buffalo to overpay on a move up. I think thereís zero chance B.B. pays that steep price to move up to get him.

I think we take our LB at 23 and then ship 31 out for a 2nd & 3rd or 4th, I think rnd 2 is where we make our moves and do the most damage. I can see us going OL, QB, Then either of TE, CB, WR. Belichick is gonna draft his guy of the future, and heís gonna try and make this a canít miss pick...... I highly doubt heís gonna take a project type guy.

I do like Litton and I like Lauletta even better (have seen him play more) but I do agree that Lauletta might go fairly high and am not convinced it is worth chasing him or chasing qbs at all in this draft.I am hoping to see the earlier picks address current areas that need help most.

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast