Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627
    First week of camp and still feeling the sting. Can't wait for preseason

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

Apparently Shelton is playing with Guy as the 1st team DTs and looking great. Makes for interesting roster decisions at that spot. We have Malcolm Brown, Vincent Valentine and Adam Butler. Keeping 5 interior DL seems heavy in an NFL that's trending smaller. And considering Butler brings a more unique skill set as a pass rusher my thought would be to cut a run stuffer in Brown or Valentine. Brown is better but he's a FA after the year vs. two more rookie contract years of Valentine. And despite Brown's potential he hasn't been great - not bad either but not great. So I'd be inclined to see if maybe I can recoup some draft pick value and preserve an extra year of depth for the run stuffing department. Unless of course Brown really steps up and lives up to his draft status.

Also of note is that Trent Brown is supposedly seizing the LT spot. Means we could see Wynn inside at LG eventually and then it's a matter if Thuney makes the move to C or the bench.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

One day after Jordan Matthews was released a new singing is available and this is the wide receiver, Eric Decker. He has played for NY Jets, Denver Broncos and Tennessee.

Good depth signing for us especially that we haven't much at wide receiver. Brandon LaFell is also recently available so there may be a reunion between the two at some point if injuries hit.

Yeah LaFell. His agent forced his way out. Good chance he comes here on a make good. Not first tier guy, but with Decker and Gronk, the red zone offense should be good.

Mitchell doesn't look good, that knee is never going to be right.

I think the rec corps will look good in the 2nd half and playoffs, but it could be a bit rough early. Good thing we have some RB's and a TE that will help

D looks good, but the depth at LB is scary. BB needs to watch those camp cuts like a hawk - like always.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

To me we really need dorsett to come through. He is the closest thing to cooks. And while cooks had his faults he was huge at getting huge chunk plays and drawing huge penalties. He definitely opened alot of other things on offense. Speed definitely kills when the defense has to respect you every play.

Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!
    I'm optimistic regarding Decker. Reunites with Josh McD

Mike Loyko @NEPD_Loyko Aug 5
    .@MikeReiss confirms what many thought at the time.. #Patriots were planning to pick Eric Decker with pick #89/#90 in the 2010 NFL Draft before getting sniped.. Ended up picking Taylor Price...
    Also optimistic regarding Dorsett. I think he can be solid for us.
    Thrilled with what I've heard regarding Shelton. I think he could be great here for a long time.
    Sad about Mitchell. Got a nice ROI though, all things considered. He helped throughout his rookie year and was instrumental in the 2nd half of the SB to make that comeback happen. Totally worth a 4th rounder.

I would try both Thuney and Wynn at RG and toss Mason's name around the league to see if I can get anything better than a late 3rd for him, which is what I think we'll see in a comp pick if he leaves for that FA money. Assuming we can't work out something of course.. I wouldn't trade him for a mid-3rd since he's worth more to us contending this season. Mid-3rd from late-3rd isn't good enough improvement. I like the idea of rotating lineman around during the season to keep them fresh. A guy like Thuney is too good to not be seeing snaps, as is Andrews IMO.

LB depth, backup SS scare me as does backup TE. Hoping Hollister shows something this preseason. I think we can get by this year everywhere else though.
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017) (2/3/2019)

HOLY ****

[Click here to register at ProSportsDaily]

I hate to say it but what are everyoneís thoughts on Dez Bryant. At this point how could it hurt. It instantly makes our WR corps better even if he is half as good as he was.

Dez and Hogan on the outside. Edelman in the slot. Gronk doing his thing with White and Burkehead in the backfield at the same time gives us enough reciever options.

With any luck Amendola and the Dolphins have a Blount and the Steelers type divorce around wk 3 lol. I still think letting him go was the worst decision of the offseason.
    Butler- Replaceable
    Lewis-Replaceable
    Solder- Replaceable
    Amendola aka Bradyís security blanket- Irreplaceable.

Pats have huge issues at WR. To have Britt, Matthews and Decker ALL not work out...not a single one of 'em...is immensely disappointing. Losing Amedola, Cooks and Edelman for 4 games was challenging enough.
    What I'm concerned about is Hogan or Dorsett straining a hammy or something, even something minor.

probably should have overpaid to keep Amendola although it sounded like he wasn't having fun anymore. looking back now considering we got Michel who I like but id honestly rather have kept cooks and let him walk after the season.

I warned about the WR's even before Cooks was dealt. This isn't as bad as the WR's from about 12/13 years back, but it's the weakest since those years. Immense pressure on Gronk and RB's lining up as WR's at times.

Depth at T winnowed down to the marrow already... Might get to the AFCCG, but, unless Hightower and another brace of key guys are standing at the end, not looking real good.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Wrong thread

What do you guys think about going after Michael Floyd he was cut by the saints yesterday. Could be an option even if itís only for the first 4 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Soxtober040713 View Post
    What do you guys think about going after Michael Floyd he was cut by the saints yesterday. Could be an option even if itís only for the first 4 weeks.
    Honestly id look at anyone and everyone.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627