Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Welcome Greg Monroe...

A 5mil$ half a season rental is a great move even though we lost Hayward to get the DPE...

I am hopeful he can work a good high low game with AL...

Good sign on his part of choosing the East Leading C's rather than his hometown Pel's...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

What number does Monroe take...???

At Georgetown and Detroit he wore #10... JoJo retired...

With the Bucks he wore #15... Tommy retired...

With the Suns he wore #14... Cousy retired...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

Might be delaying the signing to keep flexibility before trade deadline

Don’t think number matters much maybe 4?

Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    What number does Monroe take...???

At Georgetown and Detroit he wore #10... JoJo retired...

With the Bucks he wore #15... Tommy retired...

With the Suns he wore #14... Cousy retired...
    Well he could add them up and wear 39 😁

Don't care about his num. He's got excellent talent on low post offense. Might be a top 10 big in that regard. But he can be lazy. If he plays on the 2nd team primarily, and he agrees to play OK D, and becomes a target on the O, he could be playing 18 MPG, and take a good amount of FGA's from Morris/Smart/Rozy, team shooting % rises, as does scoring, and with less pressure on those 3 they might do better themselves. We pick up Lou, and get Hayward back - and lose Morris and Smart, the second team would be beast.

I think our D might go down from 1st to 2nd or 3rd; but our O with those adds might go from about ~20-22, to up 8-12 slots from there (not on the season, but from the time they are all deployed successfully.

A team with a 1-3 D and a 9-12 O isn't a dynasty team, but they win can rings.

OTOH if you really want to max out Monroe - KI and Horford with him would be nuts.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 02-06-2018 at 10:00 AM.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Glad to see my number post got the ball rolling on Monroe conversations... Should have added that to the title...

Welcome Greg Monroe... What number do you want...???

Reggie Lewis

He destroyed us every time we played against him. He's very good offensive rebounder, and would be our best offensive bench player immediately. If Stevens gets him to play some D he'll get a lot of minutes.

Kyrie/Brown/Tatum/Monroe/Horford to close out the games would be pretty hard to guard.
    Basketball is like war in that offensive weapons are developed first, and it always takes a while for the defense to catch up.

Red Auerbach

If Monroe responds to being on a good team, and he responds to Stevens, and playing < 24 MPG - then we might be able to get him long term for about $13M per year - maybe cheaper than Smarts next deal.

With no Lakers 2-5 pick, and Baynes going to be getting $6+ million next year, and leaving, it's a no brainer - if he overcomes his laziness.

He takes 57% of his shots inside of 3 ft, and they are not dunks. Mikan shots, hooks, lay-ups, etc. He hits 62% of these shots. He can pass fairly well. Good rebounder. When he's on the floor with Horford, Horford is always going to get the PF on the other team. Horford can muscle some of them, shoot over others.

Monroe is a very good get for now, might be a real good one for the mid term.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Don't care about his num. He's got excellent talent on low post offense. Might be a top 10 big in that regard. But he can be lazy. If he plays on the 2nd team primarily, and he agrees to play OK D, and becomes a target on the O, he could be playing 18 MPG, and take a good amount of FGA's from Morris/Smart/Rozy, team shooting % rises, as does scoring, and with less pressure on those 3 they might do better themselves. We pick up Lou, and get Hayward back - and lose Morris and Smart, the second team would be beast.

I think our D might go down from 1st to 2nd or 3rd; but our O with those adds might go from about ~20-22, to up 8-12 slots from there (not on the season, but from the time they are all deployed successfully.

A team with a 1-3 D and a 9-12 O isn't a dynasty team, but they win can rings.
    I tried finding my old posts about Monroe... I've always wanted him on the C's, going back to his Detroit days...

His mini playoff taste was pretty good... 13 and 7 in 23mpg...

I think if he gets a chance with the 1st unit the high low game with AL will be very very good...

I can't stop watching AL's fountain of youth game against the Blazers... Baynes was on the floor for most of AL's highlights... I can see AL getting a few assists to Monroe during that game...

I know Monroe gets knocked for his defense, but his best season overall was under SVG (not a shabby defensive coach), 16 and 10... He was 13th for centers defensively when you look at mpg...... Now Monroe had Drummond, but Drummond is a tad on the lazy side...

You put AL and Monroe together, I think AL feels free to roam around on the perimeter knowing Monroe is there for the inside game... I also think AL will be the first to leak for the defensive end when a shot is missed...

Personally I would love the eventual starting 5 to be Monroe-AL-JT-JB-Kyrie...

Reggie Lewis

I wanted Monroe here too, but he started to fade a bit, going from a very promising player to another guy that seemed married to one part of his game and let the other parts go to weeds.

IMO, he's on trial. I want him to pass it. Stevens made something out of both Centers, if Monroe follows the script he could easily be a top 6 guy here.

I can see Monroe and Horford on the low blocks, or Monroe low and Horford high, and all sorts picks with each other or using a 3rd player with KI figuring out who to pass to when.

Currently shooting skill and pick n' rolls juiced by good passing is the offense, but there isn't a convincing low post guy (nobody worries about Baynes) but they will worry about Monroe, that will open new vistas for the team. Stevens has probably had one of his Coaches spending all his spare time looking up offensive sets, reviewing film of Monroe to come up with stuff to put in for him.

Given who Stevens is, he's aching to get KI and Monroe together.

I think the fade started when Detroit decided to move on from him... At least he chose the playoff route by going with Milwaukee... Now what happened in Milwaukee I can only guess was Kidd...

Some people have said signing with Boston may be his redemption, but I think it's finally finding the right landing spot after Detroit...

IMO the big 3 are in Boston and locked up... So moving on from Baynes, Larkin, hopefully Smart, Nader and Morris prior to next, if Monroe can find his footing in Boston (he's still young), maybe DA can find some money for him...

Hopefully he can find his footing in green... I'm pretty sure he was a Stevens and DA target for a while...

Reggie Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    I think the fade started when Detroit decided to move on from him... At least he chose the playoff route by going with Milwaukee... Now what happened in Milwaukee I can only guess was Kidd...

Some people have said signing with Boston may be his redemption, but I think it's finally finding the right landing spot after Detroit...

IMO the big 3 are in Boston and locked up... So moving on from Baynes, Larkin, hopefully Smart, Nader and Morris prior to next, if Monroe can find his footing in Boston (he's still young), maybe DA can find some money for him...

Hopefully he can find his footing in green... I'm pretty sure he was a Stevens and DA target for a while...
    No question he was a target several different years, lots of ink was spilled on such a move.

If he was firing 100%, and he was 25, he could command a $20M per for 4 yrs type deal. But he has a few spots on him, and he's nearing 28. A successful prove it 1/3 season here could buy him a $13.5M x 4 deal here IMO. He might get $17M per on the open market, but maybe he'll see that Stevens and the Green is good for him.

That would mean Rozy would be gone after next year, and Baynes wouldn't be back, and the other guy we get (if we get Tyreke or Lou for instance) would be hitting the road. Bye bye Smart, Morris, and at least 4 guys on the bench - not Theis however. Like to extend him cheap.

Diversification of the offense, and lowering Horfords time vs bull 5/4's would be worth a lot.

Having Kyrie, Brown, Tatum, Horford, Hayward means a happy productive Monroe going forward is worth more to this team than any wing, or 3 pt shooting big. A 4th guard is an issue next year, and a 3rd the following year would be important, but with DA at the helm he's liable to draft as good a combo over these next two years as the 3rd and 4th we have now - so that points back to the low post.

Low post offense is a dying breed. If you go with age 32 or younger how many effective mostly low post bigs are there? Six? Monroe would be a great find if he plugs in.

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post

Having Kyrie, Brown, Tatum, Horford, Hayward means a happy productive Monroe going forward is worth more to this team than any wing, or 3 pt shooting big. A 4th guard is an issue next year, and a 3rd the following year would be important, but with DA at the helm he's liable to draft as good a combo over these next two years as the 3rd and 4th we have now - so that points back to the low
    Wouldn’t mind Grayson Allen with our pick this year

Quote Originally Posted by CELTICS4LYFE View Post
    It'll be funny watching Grayson Allen on Draymond Green... The battle of the trips...

Reggie Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by CELTICS4LYFE View Post
    I'd rather DA draft Melton or Hudson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast