Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

February 2018 game thread

With the start of the new month, I figured it was time to start a new thread. February isn't an easy month, necessarily, but there also aren't a ton of games I see as massive challenges. Of the 12 games, seven are against teams with at least .500 records, but the best teams they play are the Spurs tonight, a dysfunctional Cavs team this weekend and the Wolves twice.

If Houston can get healthy and go 9-3 this month, that would be fantastic. But if they want to make up any ground on the Warriors, they probably need to go at least 10-2 or 11-1.

Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    Just trust me, Hou wont make it all the way to the WCF 😉
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Houston may make the WCF again, but barring injuries they are no longer a serious threat this year imo.

#roadRyan

Just when I was wondering what the hell was wrong in the Harden in the second half, but hits a three on a monster step back on LMA and then a 4-point dagger over Manu.

Huge win tonight. Even when they went ice cold in the second half, I never really felt like the Rockets were going to lose. Harden was beastly tonight, and they win easily despite no Gordon, no Ariza and a really lackluster game from Paul.

Now to take down the King in Cleveland...

Id be happy getting out if this road trip going
    3-1, i think we drop one against either Philly or Cleveland

Quote Originally Posted by Texan_Rocket View Post
    Id be happy getting out if this road trip going
    3-1, i think we drop one against either Philly or Cleveland
    I think you mean Miami, as the Rockets don't play Philly again the rest of the season. But it's a fair point. This is a tough four-game road trip. With Cleveland playing the way they are right now, I'd love to see the Rockets put their foot on the gas pedal and sweep this road trip heading into that tough game hosting Denver a week from today. They've got seven games until the All-Star Break. It would be amazing for them to really build on some momentum and be on a big streak heading into that break.

Houston may make the WCF again, but barring injuries they are no longer a serious threat this year imo.

The Rockets don't play the Sixers anymore this season. Rockets won in Philly with that Gordon 3 and lost in Houston.

I guess you mean the Heat. Certainly not the Nets. Miami really is a tough opponent for the Rockets. They had the Rockets number last year, winning both times, despite Harden going nuts for 38 and 40-point triple-doubles in those games. I guess I'm more worried with the Heat than the Cavs, especially without Kevin Love. Miami has a looooot of lenghty wing players to throw around, they have size in the middle, they are the 3rd slowest team in the league and the 6th best defense, and they can really shoot the ball to keep up with the Rockets (9th in the league).

The Cavs defense allowed 111 points per 100 possessions in January and they were also dead last in 3PT%. And I'm sure both Harden and Paul will want to bring their A game against LeBron.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

Yeah i just realized i typed Philly for some reason. I definitely meant Miami, they seem to play us so well, i never feel good going up against them. We did rally and win our last game against them i believe in Houston a couple of weeks ago.

If we can get out 3-1, Im happy, if we sweep, Im feeling very good about this team going into the all star break in a couple of weeks. Get a streak going and try to steal HC from GS.

Ha, I didn't see MBT's post.

Did you guys see Kerr arguing on Twitter that Harden should've been called for travelling on that step back three against Aldridge? I guarantee you Harden will be called for at least one nonsense traveling call in the next game or two.

Yeah wth was that about? Then he deleted the tweet. Officials will come down hard on Harden this week thanks to the princesses complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    Ha, I didn't see MBT's post.

Did you guys see Kerr arguing on Twitter that Harden should've been called for travelling on that step back three against Aldridge? I guarantee you Harden will be called for at least one nonsense traveling call in the next game or two.
    Yeah wth was that about? Then he deleted the tweet. Officials will come down hard on Harden this week thanks to the princesses complaints.
    It's especially ridiculous because that call wasn't traveling and the step-back jumper has been a legal basketball move for decades. Kerr ought to know that considering Jordan and Curry both use(d) that move on a regular basis. I don't dislike Kerr as a person, but sometimes he does stuff like this that rubs me the wrong way.

Solid LeBron recruitment tonight.

But what was up with Harden shooting all those midcourt threes? And what about those Gerald Green blocks?

The Warriors lost to the Nuggets (yeah, really don't want them in the first round) so the Rockets are now only 1 game behind Golden State in the L column, with the tiebreaker.

Is LeBron worth gutting our team? The more i think about it the more i have a sour taste about it. Wed have LeBron, Paul, Harden, and who else? Luc if hes accept the minimum, same with Gerald Green.

Maybe gets a few people to follow LeBron. Wade, Jeff Green? Help me fill out what we can even do with this roster IF we pulled a LeBron to Houston.

Chris Paul/ Jameer Nelson or Devin Harris?
    James Harden/ Dwayne Wade/ Gerald Green
    Luc / Jeff Green
    LeBron James/ Channing Frye
    Tariq Black/ Nene

This is all assuming players like Nelson, Harris, Wade, Green, Luc, and Frye take the vet min.

I dont think thats much better than what we have with Gordon, Anderson, Capela, Tucker. Our would be awful and with James and Paul overt 30, they wont be playing heavy minutes

Is LeBron worth gutting our team? The more i think about it the more i have a sour taste about it. Wed have LeBron, Paul, Harden, and who else? Luc if hes accept the minimum, same with Gerald Green.
    There's a lot of question marks around him coming to Houston for sure. To sign him, yeah, they'd probably have to let a lot of guys go. Now, I could see scenario where they trade off anyone with a legitimate salary, renounce the cap holds on everyone but Capela, sign Paul and Lebron under the cap and then sign Capela using Bird rights. Capela's cap hold is only like $5 million, and if that's the difference Lebron signing or not, then hes' not worth it.

More than likely, though, they'd have to do a sign and trade. But the wild care there is whether the Cavs would accept a sign and trade from Houston or not.

Obviously the point of adding Lebron would be to improve the Rockets chances of winning a championship. But I trust Morey, and if he felt like he was having to gut the team to a point where they were no longer getting any better by adding Lebron, I don't think he would do it.

Opt in and trade, guys. Opt in and trade. See my last 150 posts.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast