Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Roster Moves

Roster Moves

The 40-man roster is full right now. The major league invites have not been announced yet. If another starter is added to the mix via free agency, Pineda could be placed on the 60-day DL to open a roster spot for him.

Ervin Santana's injury and subsequent surgery makes it much more important that the Twins sign a starter to replace him in the rotation. Pineda will likely be placed on the 60-day DL and can be replaced on the 40-man roster. Santana could be placed on the 60-day DL also, opening another slot on the roster.

well, thankfully, it won't be Darvish......that Cubs deal is not exactly the value deal the Twins would've needed
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

I agree. 6/$126MM is a bit rich for the Twins.

'course now we may be going after Chris Archer, who won't cost $126mil, but may cost us more than we're used to PLUS Max Kepler

Trading Kepler would not really hurt the team a whole lot. Zach Granite should be able to step in and take RF, or the team could use LaMonte Wade there.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Trading Kepler would not really hurt the team a whole lot. Zach Granite should be able to step in and take RF, or the team could use LaMonte Wade there.
    Don't really like the idea of losing Kepler but to get a pitcher like
    Archer who is still under team control for a good number of years, gotta at least give it serious consideration.
    Don't like Granite as a full time of.........lot's of free agents out there.
    What about Bautista or Ichiro for a one year deal????

we need pitching help NOW!! we have to be willing to lose a little to get Archer in a trade. I like Kepler but would be ok with him being involved. Lynn, Cobb, Tillman and Arrieta still FA to look at too. Archer and Arrieta would be something special!!

Granite starting in RF would be more palatable if there's a stronger bat than Grossman DHing

Gibson lost his arbitration case....he'd have been better off just accepting his offer, now a divorce is more likely IMO

I don't like the idea of Arrieta because of the cost at that age. Archer in our ball park could be top end. Signing Tillman would feel like Mike Pelfry all over again and Lynn would feel like Nolasco. Cobb could be good, but certainly has question marks.

I also don't know how Trevor May or Phil Hughes will look....or Gonsalves and others for that matter.

I'd like to see May closing games. Granite could be a decent RF. He has a pretty good arm and runs really well. Hughes will get a long look in Ft Myers. If he can throw 100 pitches every 5th day, that would be just fine, especially if his command is back. Of the pitchers you listed, I like Cobb the best, too.

Makes you wonder what their plans are when they have Santana, Berrios, Gibson, Mejia yet decided to sign Peneda and now Sanchez while still looking at Tillman, saying May AND Duffy will revert to starters and still have Hughes....and the question of whether we're still looking at Archer, Cobb, etc

I realize not everyone will be ready to start the season, but that's still 9 guys without even thinking about whether Gonsalves, Jorge, or Siegers push for a spot....and I'm sure I'm missing a couple.

So are they just throwing numbers out there to see who'll stick? Planning on the longest rotation in the history of baseball?

Sanchez is a non-roster invitee. He will have to earn his place on the team. Also, he is only signed for 1 year.
    I hope to see Slegers, Gonsalves, Romero and Jorge make the team, but they might need a bit more experience in AAA.

and now Odorizzi for a prospect I've never heard of......so the glut of #4/5 SPs continues.....more 1s and 2s please

We outrighted Chargois, asssumedly to clear a roster spot for somebody....we added nobody to the roster, but the Dodgers claimes JT..........so we outrighted him last week because?

Looks like they were close on Morrison.
    And, the SS prospect, Jermaine Palacios, is a legit prospect. He was in Ft Myers last year and did pretty well there.