Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    **** you amac. You are useless. Missed 2 clears and couldnt lift the stick. This pk is pathetic.

Why is our pk so bad. I don't get it. Its the biggest killer for this team.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    Well this is exciting.

Lines for tonight:

Giroux-1Couturier-Konecny
    Voracek-Patrick-Simmonds
    Raffl-Laughton-Weal
    Leier-Filppula-Lehtera

Easily the best forward lines the Flyers will have had all year.

Somebody must have shoved Hakstol in a closet and made the lineup for him haha.
    About as optimal as it can be based on the forwards here.

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    It's time for Lappy to be fired. Different faces on the pk, same results.

wtf is filppula doing out there OMFG

Hes just puck watching the whole time while palmieri slides into an extremely dangerous spot.

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    Hes just puck watching the whole time while palmieri slides into an extremely dangerous spot.
    They had it right with Laughton+Leier and Couturier+Simmonds. It's obvious Lappy is a liability as the pk coach because it hasn't mattered who they play.

So does Sanhiem get called back up now that Gudas will be suspended or does Alt play. Or option M and Morin gets his chance.

Well you could smell that one coming. Brutal 3rd period, no offense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    So does Sanhiem get called back up now that Gudas will be suspended or does Alt play. Or option M and Morin gets his chance.
    Can't see Gudas being suspended for that.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    I doubt Gudas gets suspended. He didn't get a game misconduct, and Palmieri came back healthy (they seem to take that into account). It wasn't a dangerous board, it wasn't a shot to the head. He left his feet, but I'm not even sure he meant to hit him, I think he may have been trying to cut to the outside.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I doubt Gudas gets suspended. He didn't get a game misconduct, and Palmieri came back healthy (they seem to take that into account). It wasn't a dangerous board, it wasn't a shot to the head. He left his feet, but I'm not even sure he meant to hit him, I think he may have been trying to cut to the outside.
    He was literally about to level Simmonds and was trying to get out of Simmonds way.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post

Agree. Don't see him getting suspended for this. The whole thing seemed very accidental, which you couldn't say about his other transgressions. In this one even it was hard to see where the guy got hurt. There wasn't a violent contact and his head didn't hit the ice or anything like that. OK, maybe he was stunned a little bit it because he wasn't prepared for contact and needed a few minutes to collect himself. but of course you're on his home ice so the crowd reacts like Gudas shot him. I say they give it a league review because of his past, but nothing will come of it.

So in summation...................."Still No Sanheim" lol

I know I"m quibbling over details, but shouldn't the name of this thread be "The (No) Trade Deadline"?

Hexy's Friday night will involve pulling out his old Rock Band game, grabbing his old goalie stick that doubles as a microphone, dialing up some Toto and belting out "Hold the Line" ...........................Then Andrew MacDonald walks in and says "Hey Mr. Hextall, I'm done detailing your car and sweeping the garage........what time should I show up for the game tomorrow?....and would it be OK if I get to play with that little Russian Kid again?

macdonald and manning are undersized and they aren't good
    hagg and provorov are undersized and lack experience.
    gudas is decent, but undersized and undisciplined.

at forward, couturier is great.
    leier and laughton are undersized and lack experience.
    filppula doesn't have enough quick twitch left.
    raffl and simmonds are underutilized.
    giroux and voracek are more valuable in scoring roles.

this is an area where morin could make a difference once he gets up to speed. even if there are no personnel changes, the PK should improve as hagg and provorov continue to develop.
    They had it right with Laughton+Leier and Couturier+Simmonds. It's obvious Lappy is a liability as the pk coach because it hasn't mattered who they play.
    i'd go with couturier/raffl/gudas/provorov as PK1 and laughton/simmonds/hagg/macdonald as PK2. since we tend to use 6 forwards to kill penalties, i'd also throw konecny/filppula into the mix. konecny's speed might create some breakaways towards the end of a PK.

Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast