Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    It's either Dak or Dez IMO. The two don't have chemistry and complement each other well. Give Dez a guy that can make plays down the field and he'll be a pro bowl caliber guy. Dak is conservative, and did well when he had one of the best lines, but last year exposed him some. I think people are too harsh in Dez, he did have some big drops from what I've seen, but the guy is still a match-up problem. I still think he's a top 10 WR, that's just me. So is Demariyous Thomas, sometimes who's throwing you the ball is significant. I guess Dallas is leaning toward the younger cheaper option in Dak, who still has upside for what it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    It's either Dak or Dez IMO. The two don't have chemistry and complement each other well. Give Dez a guy that can make plays down the field and he'll be a pro bowl caliber guy. Dak is conservative, and did well when he had one of the best lines, but last year exposed him some. I think people are too harsh in Dez, he did have some big drops from what I've seen, but the guy is still a match-up problem. I still think he's a top 10 WR, that's just me. So is Demariyous Thomas, sometimes who's throwing you the ball is significant. I guess Dallas is leaning toward the younger cheaper option in Dak, who still has upside for what it's worth.
    I personally think it's more Dak than Dez. Sure, it's possible Dez aged 10 years from the 2014 to 2015 season but it's unlikely. Maybe his recent non-success got to him though and it's more of a mental problem, kind of what Agholor had to deal with.

Either way, Dallas really has no choice but to build around Dak, unless they're in on the Cousins sweepstakes. It's not a bad thing either; Dak has shown he's a QB a team can win with. They just gotta focus more on the short and intermediary pass distances, which means upgrading TE and trying to get a top end receiver through the draft or free agency whose strength is route running. Their OL still should be a strength and provide ample time to complete quicker passes.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    His cap hit would be $12.5M for two years each, as $8M total stays with Dallas if they trade him. The contract he'd be left with on the new team would have zero guarantees, so there's very little risk trading for him from a contract perspective.

His play didn't steadily decline over 3 straight season; his production took a nosedive after 2014 and never recovered. That's not an age-related decline.

Something else changed in Dallas however, so if I'm a team with a top-flight QB then I'd think it's worth it investing a 3rd or even 2nd round pick to find out what Dez has got left. If he could even only halfway get back to his peak that'd be worth it. He was a Top 5 WR in his prime.
    Having a 12.5 million dollar cap hit is a lot, especially for a player not playing up to his capabilities. Obviously you can cut him but I doubt a team is going to cut him after giving up compensation for him a few months prior. I would rather invest in a UFA WR for 6-8 mil and use the rest of my cap to bring in another solid piece instead of bringing him in.

Dak is not as fearless as Romo so it's less turnovers but less big plays as well but Dez did drop a lot of balls on the intermediate routes this year as well . I think it was a combination of a few things including the way defenses defend Fez. As I mentioned before on 50/50 balls d backs don't seem to go for the pick they knock the ball away then it's not a 50/50 ball anymore . I think he stays because the other WR are so weak.

A 4th round draft pick

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Id love for Houston to show interest in him. Playing opposite of Hopkins, he can regain his elite form maybe? Watson showed this year that he is capable of being a deepball threat and Dez would thrive in Houston imo.

Only probable is we are out of our 1st, and 2nd round picks this year, so i doubt they would let go of a 4th for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Burkey3472 View Post
    Having a 12.5 million dollar cap hit is a lot, especially for a player not playing up to his capabilities. Obviously you can cut him but I doubt a team is going to cut him after giving up compensation for him a few months prior. I would rather invest in a UFA WR for 6-8 mil and use the rest of my cap to bring in another solid piece instead of bringing him in.
    In terms of average salaries it would rank just inside the Top 10 of WRs. Most likely outside come April with most of the exceptional 2014 WR draft class becoming free agents. Dez Bryant could very well not be a Top 10 receiver anymore, but a team could do a lot worse in free agency than getting receiver who'd make a good #2 on most teams for 2 years, 25 million, 0 guarantees.

I'd take him in Green bay but not for what he's getting paid now and definitely not for a high draft pick. But him and Rodgers together would be pretty sweet imo.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I personally think it's more Dak than Dez. Sure, it's possible Dez aged 10 years from the 2014 to 2015 season but it's unlikely. Maybe his recent non-success got to him though and it's more of a mental problem, kind of what Agholor had to deal with.

Either way, Dallas really has no choice but to build around Dak, unless they're in on the Cousins sweepstakes. It's not a bad thing either; Dak has shown he's a QB a team can win with. They just gotta focus more on the short and intermediary pass distances, which means upgrading TE and trying to get a top end receiver through the draft or free agency whose strength is route running. Their OL still should be a strength and provide ample time to complete quicker passes.
    Agreed. I think it's more dak than Dez.. Of Dez does get traded, I'm assuming his play will be rejuvenated (depending on where he goes of course).

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

A 7th. I'd be mildly surprised if he isn't cut.

If you guys actually watched some of the games this year you will note that several times Dak hit Dez 30 or 40 yards downfield and the ball went right through his hands. Dak can throw the ball downfield. Dez cant catch.

First, Dez is a head case and will be a poison to any team that traded for him. Second, teams give draft picks based on what they think they are getting and not what the player did 2012-2014. With that said, Dez fetches a 4th or 5th round pick at best.

It's not really a Jones move. I see little chance of him being traded. They have 4 major contracts to straighten out before they do anything. Hitchens, Martin , Irving and Lawrence have to be top priority.

Niners could use him. Jimmy needs some WRs....

2 tacos and some seasoned curly fries...

He's regressed while holding onto his baggage. He's a diva and could royally screw up clubhouse chemistry.

In no way would I pull the trigger on a trade, but if circumstances forced themselves, I'd give up a 4th at best.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast