Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 65
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,691
    I hate losing Fuller.....I really hate it. I'm fine with the second rd. pick and maybe a lesser player.....not Fuller.

    White Sox & Redskins Forever

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    13,976
    Q2UcTA4F_bigger.jpgGrant Paulsen‏Verified account @granthpaulsen 18m18 minutes ago
    More
    Kirk Cousins told the Redskins he would talk with them in March. They wanted to make a power-move and swing the hammer. They did tonight.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    13,976
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsFan_1 View Post
    I'm not putting up with this anymore.

    Following a perpetually inept franchise is a waste of time. **** the Redskins.
    I'm about ready to mark my season ticket renewal invoice with return to sender. I have so many memories of going with my uncle and my father to games, and that's why I got them two years ago, but I just can't justify it after what Snyder has allowed Bruce Allen to do to this franchise. Allen's father would be ashamed of him.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    7,678
    Im done

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,129
    Well it is a 3rd rd pick abd Fuller, but this is the dumbest move ever to give up Fuller. #1 ranked slot in the NFL and #6 overall cb by PFF. I just don't get giving Fuller up AND a draft pick, then also paying a 34 yr old for 4 more seasons at $23.5 mill per. Smith is going to have to be damn good at that price. For a franchise that has hurt in the secondary for ages, we finally get a young, cheap, and really good corner....and he is a throw in for a 34 yr old QB. I was against resigning Cousins, but at that price, I would have gone 28 a yr on Cousins. Bad move

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    11,167
    Quote Originally Posted by vtgriff09 View Post
    Well it is a 3rd rd pick abd Fuller, but this is the dumbest move ever to give up Fuller. #1 ranked slot in the NFL and #6 overall cb by PFF. I just don't get giving Fuller up AND a draft pick, then also paying a 34 yr old for 4 more seasons at $23.5 mill per. Smith is going to have to be damn good at that price. For a franchise that has hurt in the secondary for ages, we finally get a young, cheap, and really good corner....and he is a throw in for a 34 yr old QB. I was against resigning Cousins, but at that price, I would have gone 28 a yr on Cousins. Bad move
    Bingo... I would have rather paid 4mil more per year and keep Cousins since we are not going to be able to improve the roster
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

    HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

    2017 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,164
    Here is how I look at it: Cousins was going to hit the market unless we tagged him. There was a high probability that he would walk and the team would be left with no answers at the QB position. We finished 7-9 last season with solid QB play so you have to imagine we are looking at another lost season of a top 5 pick and in the QB hunt again. (remember it took the franchise around 20 some years to find stable QB play with Cousins)

    Does it suck to move Fuller, sure it does. I am not too high on the PFF rankings and all but he was a solid young Corner under team control. But I didn't look at him last season on the field and think wow this kid is something special. He was solid, but he is also a slot corner. This allows us to have stability for a few more seasons at a rate that is more team friendly than what Cousins will command. If I was in Bruce Allen's position I would still consider "tagging" Cousins and trying to trade him. If we aren't able to just pull the tag like the Panthers did to Norman before we got him and let him hit the market (that means we would tag him but not actually let him sign the tag, though not sure how practical that may be because I am sure Cousins would gladly take 34M for one season.)

    The 3rd is not an issue for me. If I am not mistaken, if Cousins walks we get a 3rd rounder in place of him for compensation? This essentially means the deal is Fuller and moving back a few draft positions for Smith. Granted if we didn't trade for Smith we would have an extra 3rd rounder, but for stability at the QB position I am willing to deal with that price. Let's see the full details on his contract before jumping on the Skins too hard. The going rate for a QB is steadily climbing and it looks like Cousins is set to blow the roof off the market. I would have preferred the Skins threw Cravens in the deal instead of Fuller but at the end of the day the Skins are in a better spot than they were two days ago. They now have a clear path ahead of the draft and free agency.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    A Redskins fan in Panther territory
    Posts
    460

    Another idiot move by the front office.

    They swung the hammer all right: right at our crank. Fuller was a bright spot on the team, and giving him up was just stupid. I would have been ok with sending off Cravens and a pick, but this was paying way too much for way too little. We solved our Cousins Problem by setting the rest of the team on fire.

    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Q2UcTA4F_bigger.jpgGrant Paulsen‏Verified account @granthpaulsen 18m18 minutes ago
    More
    Kirk Cousins told the Redskins he would talk with them in March. They wanted to make a power-move and swing the hammer. They did tonight.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,164
    Eh setting the team on fire is a bit of a stretch. They lost a solid slot corner, but it is more easily replaceable than the QB position.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Salem, Virginia
    Posts
    27,899
    Quote Originally Posted by cheddar08 View Post
    Does it suck to move Fuller, sure it does. I am not too high on the PFF rankings and all but he was a solid young Corner under team control. But I didn't look at him last season on the field and think wow this kid is something special. He was solid, but he is also a slot corner.
    Nickel is the base defense for pretty much every team in the league these days. Having the best slot corner in the league is a huge advantage. Not to mention the fact that he's only 23, and he's on a rookie deal until 2020.

    Some guy on reddit said it better, but "downgrading" for Smith, and not tagging Cousins for 30+ million is supposed to help pay for young, potential cornerstone guys like Fuller or Allen, and then they give a 34 year old Smith a 95 million dollar extension... Nothing this team does makes any sense to me anymore.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,691
    Well, it looks like we will get our 3 pick back when Cousins signs ,but, I too am not fond of trading a young solid DB.I keep having Champ Bailey flashbacks and even Amerson. However, the offseason is just starting and things happen. I really like Alex Smith and he will do just fine in replacing Cousins.Rebuilding our defense is still a huge task right now. On top of that, we need some pieces on offense too.

    White Sox & Redskins Forever

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,164
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsFan_1 View Post
    Nickel is the base defense for pretty much every team in the league these days. Having the best slot corner in the league is a huge advantage. Not to mention the fact that he's only 23, and he's on a rookie deal until 2020.

    Some guy on reddit said it better, but "downgrading" for Smith, and not tagging Cousins for 30+ million is supposed to help pay for young, potential cornerstone guys like Fuller or Allen, and then they give a 34 year old Smith a 95 million dollar extension... Nothing this team does makes any sense to me anymore.
    Again I didn't like trading Fuller, but he had one solid year of good football so far. This trade allows us to be more flexible to cover other areas that need help. I am aware we play nickel quite often but QB is the most important position in the game and if we don't have one Kendall Fuller isn't making much of a difference.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    A Redskins fan in Panther territory
    Posts
    460

    Players not amused.

    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...kendall-fuller


    Quote Originally Posted by cheddar08 View Post
    Eh setting the team on fire is a bit of a stretch. They lost a solid slot corner, but it is more easily replaceable than the QB position.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    11,167
    Quote Originally Posted by cheddar08 View Post
    Again I didn't like trading Fuller, but he had one solid year of good football so far. This trade allows us to be more flexible to cover other areas that need help. I am aware we play nickel quite often but QB is the most important position in the game and if we don't have one Kendall Fuller isn't making much of a difference.
    you know what would have been even more flexable? Not trading our Nickel CB that we have under contract for the next 2 years at 750k per along with a 3rd round pick, getting an extra top 100 pick in compensation for letting Cousins walk in FA, and just starting Colt McCoy at a salary of 3.6mil (savings of roughly 20mil) Hopefully I'm wrong but I see us winning 5/6 games with Alex Smith next year.. whats the difference in winning 5/6 with Smith and 3/4 with McCoy? other than a high draft pick which would be a positive out of the situation.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

    HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

    2017 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    13,976
    Quote Originally Posted by cheddar08 View Post
    Eh setting the team on fire is a bit of a stretch. They lost a solid slot corner, but it is more easily replaceable than the QB position.
    Except with teams running more packages with three or more WR's than in years past, your "slot corner" plays 60% or more of the snaps and is an important part of the defense.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •