Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    He is not.
    I would never agree that he is better. Until this season.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    I REALLY think Cousins improved big time, although it isn't quite reflected in his 2017 stats. I think he's a top 8-10ish QB and Smith is just outside that range. What he did this year was IMO more impressive than what he did the previous 2 years. He was working with a SEVERELY depleted O-line, an inconsistent WR core, a TE that can't stay healthy and down to a 3rd string RB (or maybe 4th string - Kelley and Thompson went down as well as the guy they brought in).

How much worse can it get for a QB on offense? I mean seriously. And the Redskins didn't have some kind of powerhouse defense either.

Meanwhile Alex Smith has spent the majority of his KC career playing with a HOF RB in Jamaal Charles (still underrated to this day), strong defenses (last year's wasn't good though), and strong offensive lines.
    I would say more meh O-lines than strong.

Yankees/Chiefs/Nets/Jayhawks

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Without question.

Name the best WR Smith has played with. A broken Maclin? Cousins has had weapons o plenty in Washington.

No knock on Cousins, heís nothing special though, imo. Iíd easily take smith for a lot less dough.
    Lolz. I remember when you loved Maclin so much, but now he's minimized as broken. But that 1st year in KC, he wasn't broken, right? Oh, and Hill is great. I despise him as a person, but he's great. Gonna be scary with Mahomes. And Kelce's not a WR, but he's been the best receiving TE the last few years. The best TE in general IMO. Hunt was pretty good this year as well, even if we omit rushing.

Don't get me wrong, I was all about Denver trying to get Smith this year. I think highly of the guy. But to say Smith is a victim of poor offensive talent around him is far from accurate unless we're talking 3-4+ years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayne91 View Post
    Lolz. I remember when you loved Maclin so much, but now he's minimized as broken. But that 1st year in KC, he wasn't broken, right? Oh, and Hill is great. I despise him as a person, but he's great. Gonna be scary with Mahomes. And Kelce's not a WR, but he's been the best receiving TE the last few years. The best TE in general IMO. Hunt was pretty good this year as well, even if we omit rushing.

Don't get me wrong, I was all about Denver trying to get Smith this year. I think highly of the guy. But to say Smith is a victim of poor offensive talent around him is far from accurate unless we're talking 3-4+ years ago.
    Love Maclin, but he was oft-injured in KC.

Hills a great playmaker, similar to Desean early on, but not a great WR.

Conley/Wilson are JAGS. Kelce is good, but not having a decent option on the other side of hill hurt. Smith didnít have near the offensive talent at WR as Cousins, but did have better TE/RB I agree.

Conley/Wilson are JAGS. Kelce is good, but not having a decent option on the other side of hill hurt. Smith didnít have near the offensive talent at WR as Cousins, but did have better TE/RB I agree.
    Hill's a top 10 WR at worst. He should've had another 3 TDs and 150 yards if Smith hit him in stride rather than out of bounds at minimum. Probably more. I guarantee the KC dude on here will say the same. And fwiw, teams were more concerned with taking away Hill than they were Kelce. Not a knock on Kelce, just shows the respect they have for Hill. I know that's how it was with Denver the last 3 times they've played and Kelce killed us every game.

And Kelce's better than good. You know good is severely underselling him. Chiefs don't have a great #2 WR, it's kinda a WR by committee. But they had the leading rusher in the NFL. Hill finished 7th in yards while having 40+ less targets than 1-6. Kelce had over 1000 yards and 8 TDs. Those 3 kinda make the #2 WR useless and Hunt did have over 450 yards receiving finishing #4 on in that category..

I hate talking up the Chiefs. That's not my end game. I'd love to say they're void of offensive talent, but they're not.

Alex Smith this season ranked 26th in air yards per pass, but 8th in passing yards.

That isn't necessarily a knock against him, but it does mean he has playmakers.

They've lost the playoff game to the Titans in large part due to an uncharacteristically high number of drops.

Reid lost that game.

Reid lost that game.
    This. Fat Andy doing his best to make sure that the Arrowhead playoff win drought lives on. It's sitting at a nice quarter of a century now.

Reid lost that game.
    The defense and drops lost that game, along with the Kelce concussion.

Reid lost that game.
    There were a few very bad drops late in the game. I think it was three times that an accurate pass from Smith was simply dropped and if the Chiefs didn't have either one of those it would have likely changed the outcome of the game.

I agree though that Reid stopping to run the ball was inexcusable. So the play-calling wasn't ideal, but it still could have worked with better execution.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Smith has been as good or better than Cousins and for more time.

Realistically with the Giants, Eagles and Cowboys being where they are at, even with a great QB the Redskins would potentially be in 4th. Seems better to rebuild, IMO.
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    There were a few very bad drops late in the game. I think it was three times that an accurate pass from Smith was simply dropped and if the Chiefs didn't have either one of those it would have likely changed the outcome of the game.

I agree though that Reid stopping to run the ball was inexcusable. So the play-calling wasn't ideal, but it still could have worked with better execution.
    A couple of those drops would have extended drives, setting up more running opportunity.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    I don't think this was a bad move on the Redskins part. I know they wasn't sold on KC because they kept franchise tagging him. Maybe AS can get them to the playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post
    I don't think this was a bad move on the Redskins part. I know they wasn't sold on KC because they kept franchise tagging him. Maybe AS can get them to the playoffs?
    Kirk wasn't the problem. Half their team being on ir, lack of depth, and inability to run the ball were. Kirk was literally the only reason that teM wasn't a dumpster fire lol!

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Kirk wasn't the problem. Half their team being on ir, lack of depth, and inability to run the ball were. Kirk was literally the only reason that teM wasn't a dumpster fire lol!
    Disagree with you there bro....Kirk lost to the Giants on the last game of the season two years in a row, when the Giants has absolutely nothing to play for. One of those games cost the Redskins a trip to the post season. In both those games he gave up INT's on poor decisions. Almost lost the game on Thanksgiving with an INT return for a TD.

From what I noticed....Kirk is not a cold weather big game player.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast