Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
    Thatís weird, I donít even have a post on page 3 or 4 of this thread.

And your arguments are so substantial? All you do is cling to the notion that people should accept change because others are offended.

You have to be the most hypocritical poster on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    Thatís weird, I donít even have a post on page 3 or 4 of this thread.

And your arguments are so substantial? All you do is cling to the notion that people should accept change because others are offended.

You have to be the most hypocritical poster on this site.
    3 or 4 pages, not the 3rd or 4th page.

Iím hypocritical? You sit here and point fingers at me for whatever reason yet like I said, I donít see you condemning other posters. Youíll call me out for being hypocritical or thin skinned or whatever but you didnít make any mention of flea and how he said that we should have a war or how jack is calling everybody thin skinned despite his hypocrisy? Why? Because their beliefs are allgned with yours? Seems like it.

What's the difference between the indian logo and the blackhawks logo?
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Zmaster, in your opinion should the Indians be forced to change its logo? Or are you just stating that you think its wrong the team has the logo and personally don't particularly care for it?

Quote Originally Posted by C-ross12 View Post
    Zmaster, in your opinion should the Indians be forced to change its logo? Or are you just stating that you think its wrong the team has the logo and personally don't particularly care for it?
    The latter.

I donít think a team can be forced to change a logo but considering the amount of backlash itís caused, it makes sense that the team finally changed it.

My problem is that people are calling this change stupid and as a result of thin skinned people or whatever but arenít taking into account why itís happening or think itís bad just because itís progressive.

The logo itself I find wrong, I donít think any company can be forced to do anything but if something receives enough backlash, itís pribably smarter from a business standpoint to appease your audience.

Besides, nobody forced the Indians to change their logo but enough people had a problem with it for it to be a topic of conversation, therefore Iím all for the change. This was long overdue and discussed about for years, change was bound to happen. My qualm is against those who act like the sky is falling because of something that should have happened like 10 years ago.

Is there any way to put sn entire thread on ignore, so it doesn't get highlighted by new comments?

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    The latter.

I donít think a team can be forced to change a logo but considering the amount of backlash itís caused, it makes sense that the team finally changed it.

My problem is that people are calling this change stupid and as a result of thin skinned people or whatever but arenít taking into account why itís happening or think itís bad just because itís progressive.

The logo itself I find wrong, I donít think any company can be forced to do anything but if something receives enough backlash, itís pribably smarter from a business standpoint to appease your audience.

Besides, nobody forced the Indians to change their logo but enough people had a problem with it for it to be a topic of conversation, therefore Iím all for the change. This was long overdue and discussed about for years, change was bound to happen. My qualm is against those who act like the sky is falling because of something that should have happened like 10 years ago.
    Thanks for clarifying. Nuance really matters when discussing these things. Some people, far leftist really, would support the government forcing individuals to change certain things they find offensive. That's where I find the problem.

I don't have an issue with you saying the chief logo is offensive. I have a small issue with you thinking they should remove it. But I'd have a major issue with anyone who thinks government censorship of such things is a good idea.

I think people would be better off just not going to an Indians game if they think the logo is unacceptable. Money is everything to a business. But when you start saying they should remove the logo, it just presents an element of weakness and fragility. I'm not sure if thats the reality of it, but that's certainly the perception of it.

lmao. how proud are you of this statement - honestly?
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    The only thin skinned people around here are those who canít adapt to change, theyíre so insecure about culture shifts and being left behind that theyíll spend their energy protesting a protest because theyíre scared.

Grown *** adults should be acting like grown adults which makes this logo change even better. We should be adults, accept the change and move on, no? Instead, there are folks ironically calling each other thin skinned because theyíre butt hurt that something that doesnít affect them in any way is changing.

Watch, in another 10-15 years, kids are going to look back at this Cleveland dynasty or will watch ML, see the chief wahoo, and think to themselves Ďwhat the ****í

Iíll be blunt, changes like this arenít going to affect old people, theyíre dying first anyway. There will be a point where kids donít recognize the logo at all and will definitely question what was wrong with the guy who game up with it.

In classic Aristotle, you implement laws as an act of deterrence for the future rather than for right now. I.e, Bloombergís soda bill where you couldnít buy more than 32oz of soda. Already fat Americans protested that because it infringed on their right to consume what they want or whatever. However, the point of the law was to teach future generations Ďhey, this much soda is illegal, you donít need ití and odds are, it would have worked. (Had the bill passed)

To bring this back to baseball, while you have guys like Jack and Flea getting aneurysms over this, getting rid of the logo now like I said makes its unrecognizable to future generations to a point where they wonít even debate about this ****. Theyíll be busy focusing on how football is a barbarian sport with a more inflammatory team name in the Redskins. Get the controversy out of baseball now and the only cultural problem you have is probably recruiting non-Latino minorities...which could be worse.

So TLR, while you guys spend your time screaming at clouds, just know that in years time, nobodyís going to remember this and/or youíll cause even more young people to roll their eyes at your Ďback in my dayí stories.
    Well if you think creating laws about soda would have been excellent youíre completely
    Out of touch with the baseline of this argument. My god.

What people donít get it imposing laws after laws controlling people is absolutely awful, and trying to shame people into a change is no better. Itís really simple, if you let a market act by itself , truly by itself, things will change by the will of the people. If people REALLY have a problem with a business, the business will be forced to change through the market.

We donít need a singular group of people telling other people what is and isnt progressive, because itís what YOU want.
    Last edited by KingPosey; 02-04-2018 at 05:34 PM.

I'm actually glad they removed it. I fully support the removal of all offensive logos, such as the Boston Celtics and Notre Dame Irish. The more we give in to the false god of political correctness, the more people will learn that it never stops and none of it has ever made any sense - not one ounce of sense.

Just take how we're supposed to talk about black people, according to the media. They are the most pampered class of people that you're allowed to talk about and the media expects us to think that it is racist to say "colored people" or "colored woman" whereas it's enlightened and PC doctrine to call them "people of color" or "woman of color." 10 years it was "African-American" that was PC dogma, whereas "Afro-American" was the racist relic. And to be clear, virtually no black people actually asked for this outside of a handful of tokens that run around making money off of being offended.

If you're too stupid to see how stupid this is, then you belong in the media immediately and I suggest you apply for a job at CNN.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    lmao. how proud are you of this statement - honestly?
    If you want to bend over and take it in the pooper when somebody gets offended, all the power to you.

If you want to bend over and take it in the pooper when somebody gets offended, all the power to you.
    Did someone take it in the pooper? My undestanding was a logo was changed. If this is what is meant by men being men im glad im not a part of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Lol

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Question to the pro wahoo folks... Are their symbols that we shouldn't accept? I mean besides a swastika? I'm just curious if there is any symbol that you would deam unacceptible?

If you want something more concrete... how bout this one.
    http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...o_3547540b.jpg

You'd think that was something from parks and rec. But no it's real https://img.huffingtonpost.com/asset..._720_noupscale
    Bad comparison. Chief Wahoo is not a symbol of hate.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

I can only hope that you'll all be on the right side of history with me when it comes to your stance on this critical issue.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast