Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Which team had it harder to win a title?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Shaq & Kobe 00-01 Lake Show

    5 71.43%
  • The Durant & Splash Bros Dub Show

    2 28.57%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 45
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    35,393
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    .. Kobe and Shaq would rather lose than to run to a durant like player and beg for help or leave a team and join one of the best teams ever in free agency.
    Haha, actually kobe put lots of pressure on his fo for that exact reason, they got gasol and had 3 bigs that dictated the game

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    19,138
    Warriors had a cakewalk EVERY year. Their only true test was vs the OKC two years ago. You can't make a case that the Warriors have faced significantly better teams than the Cavs because it isn't true.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Swinging from Bruce Bochy's sack
    Posts
    48,391
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Warriors had a cakewalk EVERY year. Their only true test was vs the OKC two years ago. You can't make a case that the Warriors have faced significantly better teams than the Cavs because it isn't true.
    The east has been weak for years, no finals representative out of the East has had a tougher road than any finals representative in the West in a long time.

    You can say the Warriors playoffs run was easier than the Cavaliers but that's because of how much better they are then everyone else, the West is still a much deeper and tougher conference to come out of.

    Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    19,138
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    The east has been weak for years, no finals representative out of the East has had a tougher road than any finals representative in the West in a long time.

    You can say the Warriors playoffs run was easier than the Cavaliers but that's because of how much better they are then everyone else, the West is still a much deeper and tougher conference to come out of.

    Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk
    Name the teams, bud. It's hilarious that one of the teams you mentioned were the Spurs that was without Kawhi last season. Seriously, go name the teams. Even with how stacked your team is, the competition wasn't that much better. You guys escaped the Memphis being down 2-1 because Allen/Conley were also injured.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    36,270
    Taking the question seriously for the moment, here was the SRS and record of each opponent:

    2017 Warriors
    Blazers -.23 SRS (16th) | 41-41
    Jazz 4.0 SRS (5th) | 51-31
    Spurs 7.13 SRS (2nd) | 61-21
    Cavs 2.87 SRS (7th) | 51-31

    01 Lakers
    Blazers 4.52 SRS (5th) | 50-32
    Kings 6.07 SRS (2nd) | 55-27
    Spurs 7.92 SRS (1st) | 58-24
    76ers 3.63 SRS (7th) | 56-26


    Now adding context to this: the Cavs were obviously better than their SRS indicated and they became a wholly different team in the playoffs. Conversely, the Spurs best player (Kawhi) missed the majority of that series meaning SA was not nearly the same caliber of team that their SRS suggests. For reference, this season without Kawhi the Spurs SRS is 3.11.

    I'd say in terms of quality of opponents the Cavs, 01 Spurs and Kings were top tier teams, the 01 Blazers and the Jazz were next tier, and the 76ers and 17 Spurs were the next tier down as well. Obviously the 17 Blazers were by far the worst team.

    So based on the quality of the opposition, the Warriors had the easier Finals run. Then when you want to talk specifically about KD or Shaq, the disparity becomes even more glaring. Shaq had Kobe, but KD had Curry, and many feel Curry was the flat out better player. But the real difference is that the 01 Lakers had no one else in the same stratosphere as Klay Thompson or Draymond Green.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    19,138
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Taking the question seriously for the moment, here was the SRS and record of each opponent:

    2017 Warriors
    Blazers -.23 SRS (16th) | 41-41
    Jazz 4.0 SRS (5th) | 51-31
    Spurs 7.13 SRS (2nd) | 61-21
    Cavs 2.87 SRS (7th) | 51-31

    01 Lakers
    Blazers 4.52 SRS (5th) | 50-32
    Kings 6.07 SRS (2nd) | 55-27
    Spurs 7.92 SRS (1st) | 58-24
    76ers 3.63 SRS (7th) | 56-26


    Now adding context to this: the Cavs were obviously better than their SRS indicated and they became a wholly different team in the playoffs. Conversely, the Spurs best player (Kawhi) missed the majority of that series meaning SA was not nearly the same caliber of team that their SRS suggests. For reference, this season without Kawhi the Spurs SRS is 3.11.

    I'd say in terms of quality of opponents the Cavs, 01 Spurs and Kings were top tier teams, the 01 Blazers and the Jazz were next tier, and the 76ers and 17 Spurs were the next tier down as well. Obviously the 17 Blazers were by far the worst team.

    So based on the quality of the opposition, the Warriors had the easier Finals run. Then when you want to talk specifically about KD or Shaq, the disparity becomes even more glaring. Shaq had Kobe, but KD had Curry, and many feel Curry was the flat out better player. But the real difference is that the 01 Lakers had no one else in the same stratosphere as Klay Thompson or Draymond Green.
    Not a fan of SRS at all and don't think it's required here at all. The Warriors are way too stacked that any championship they win will always, in many eyes, be a cakewalk. If we are going to say they played the tougher teams, even if it isn't true, we have to compare who they have on their team as well.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    19,138
    I voted incorrectly. Meant to select Shaq/Kobe.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Swinging from Bruce Bochy's sack
    Posts
    48,391
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Name the teams, bud. It's hilarious that one of the teams you mentioned were the Spurs that was without Kawhi last season. Seriously, go name the teams. Even with how stacked your team is, the competition wasn't that much better. You guys escaped the Memphis being down 2-1 because Allen/Conley were also injured.
    Wasn't much is subjective. Better is better.

    The Spurs are a weaker team without Kawhi, that's obvious, but that doesn't necessarily drop them below 8 eastern conference teams all of the sudden. That Pop led spurs team deserves way more respect than that.

    Didn't I already list those teams in this thread once?

    Spurs
    Rockets
    Jazz
    Nuggets
    Clippers
    Portland

    Are all better teams than eastern contenders to me last season.

    I'm sure you'll moan about me listing teams the Warriors didn't actually play, but I feel it's relevant because we are talking about how deep a conference is, a team may end up playing the weaker or more injured teams in the list, but teams don't get to choose who they play do they, they play who's in front of them, so when assessing the conference, I'm going to factor in all 8 playoff teams, regardless of who actually played against the Warriors.

    If we want to isolate the Warriors run, that's different. Sure, they caught breaks here or there, but those Jazz, Spurs, Rockets squads I would absolutely put my money on against any team in the East if the Warriors lost to any 3 of them and didn't make the finals.

    Looking back I realize I thought I was posting in a different thread, this is about comparing two specific runs so I stand corrected. (Can't see the title of the thread when replying on Tapatalk).

    Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by lol, please; 01-26-2018 at 04:16 PM.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    35,393
    Even FlashBolt voted gs. That's how obvious the answer is

    /thread

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    19,138
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    Wasn't much is subjective. Better is better.

    The Spurs are a weaker team without Kawhi, that's obvious, but that doesn't necessarily drop them below 8 eastern conference teams all of the sudden. That Pop led spurs team deserves way more respect than that.

    Didn't I already list those teams in this thread once?

    Spurs
    Rockets
    Jazz
    Nuggets
    Clippers
    Portland


    Are all better teams than eastern contenders to me last season.

    I'm sure you'll moan about me listing teams the Warriors didn't actually play, but I feel it's relevant because we are talking about how deep a conference is, a team may end up playing the weaker or more injured teams in the list, but teams don't get to choose who they play do they, they play who's in front of them, so when assessing the conference, I'm going to factor in all 8 playoff teams, regardless of who actually played against the Warriors.

    If we want to isolate the Warriors run, that's different. Sure, they caught breaks here or there, but those Jazz, Spurs, Rockets squads I would absolutely put my money on against any team in the East if the Warriors lost to any 3 of them and didn't make the finals.

    Looking back I realize I thought I was posting in a different thread, this is about comparing two specific runs so I stand corrected. (Can't see the title of the thread when replying on Tapatalk).

    Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk
    Lol. Outside of the Spurs and Rockets, the other teams weren't that much better because they were dealing with injuries. Just stop, dude. You constantly embarrass yourself here and I don't know why you think you're actually making a point when it just proves you are just terrible at making them.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    47,698
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    this but I honestly dont blame durant... It was smart... all he needed to do was win and let time do the rest... When the warriors win the next 2 the majority wont care what Durant did and the only thing mentioned will be 3 rings and 3 and 1 in the finals... Its sad but its true.
    Doubtful. He'll go the way of Bill Russell where his titles lose significance only worse since he displayed such cowardice. I've asked before but when you say time, just how long are you talking? 2000 years into the future when the great digital archive burning of 4010?

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    47,698
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Not a fan of SRS at all and don't think it's required here at all. The Warriors are way too stacked that any championship they win will always, in many eyes, be a cakewalk. If we are going to say they played the tougher teams, even if it isn't true, we have to compare who they have on their team as well.
    Disagree. It's more relevant than a teams record

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Swinging from Bruce Bochy's sack
    Posts
    48,391
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Lol. Outside of the Spurs and Rockets, the other teams weren't that much better because they were dealing with injuries. Just stop, dude. You constantly embarrass yourself here and I don't know why you think you're actually making a point when it just proves you are just terrible at making them.
    So, let's get this straight once and for all:

    Are you just going to quote my posts, to ignore my argument and just loosely bash me for the same tired stuff you've been regurgitating for years?

    If so I could sure save the time invested in a actually thinking you're going to respond in similar manner.

    You don't rustle me in the slightest, ever, so I hope you don't expect to pull knee jerk reactions from me, like I told saddletramp yesterday.

    We all get it, you hate me and don't find my content constructive. Woopty doo, no one cares lol. I'll still be here til I decide otherwise aand there's nothing you can do about it because I follow the rules, and have an exceptional sense of self control.

    the fact I have to break this down for you, for like the 20th time, is telling. Don't worry though, I can ignore your posts too like you tried to do with me, before you realized you couldn't get enough of me and realized you love me.

    Lol, P comes, discusses what he pleases in the NBA forum and leaves, with zero regard for what you plebs plot against me, I've always held my ground even if it's 100:1, but you keep trying to rustle the champ. They say attempting the same thing and expecting different results is called insanity.

    Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Swinging from Bruce Bochy's sack
    Posts
    48,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Disagree. It's more relevant than a teams record
    Well said.

    And a major part of my pro Jazz argument in the other thread.

    Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    19,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Disagree. It's more relevant than a teams record
    When did I ever mention record? Some things don't require SRS or a team record. Cavs were not that bad of a team last year based off SRS and they are not the fourth best team on the East. A guy from 20 years in the future wouldn't know that just by looking at SRS and a team's record.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    So, let's get this straight once and for all:

    Are you just going to quote my posts, to ignore my argument and just loosely bash me for the same tired stuff you've been regurgitating for years?

    If so I could sure save the time invested in a actually thinking you're going to respond in similar manner.

    You don't rustle me in the slightest, ever, so I hope you don't expect to pull knee jerk reactions from me, like I told saddletramp yesterday.

    We all get it, you hate me and don't find my content constructive. Woopty doo, no one cares lol. I'll still be here til I decide otherwise aand there's nothing you can do about it because I follow the rules, and have an exceptional sense of self control.

    the fact I have to break this down for you, for like the 20th time, is telling. Don't worry though, I can ignore your posts too like you tried to do with me, before you realized you couldn't get enough of me and realized you love me.

    Lol, P comes, discusses what he pleases in the NBA forum and leaves, with zero regard for what you plebs plot against me, I've always held my ground even if it's 100:1, but you keep trying to rustle the champ. They say attempting the same thing and expecting different results is called insanity.

    Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk
    You don't have any context to debate anything about. Your post comes off like a total troll. This is the most emotional response I've seen from you, yet. I'd assume that you had enough of us bashing you. So be it. Quit making stupid thread and posts and you won't be seeing anyone treat you like the troll you presumably are. Has it ever, seriously, occurred to you that nearly EVERYONE here finds you to be a troll? I mean, of course some Warriors fans enjoy you because you act as a cheerleader for them but really, you're like a troll to the rest of us. You haven't given any reason otherwise for us to not proclaim you the troll. You, my friend, are PSD's King of the Trolls.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •