Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which team had it harder to win a title?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Shaq & Kobe 00-01 Lake Show

5 71.43%
  • The Durant & Splash Bros Dub Show

2 28.57%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Which 'ship was harder: Shaq's Lakers in 00-01, or Durants Dubs in 16-17?

Which ring was harder to achieve? Or we can flip if the other way around - which was easier? And why?

To be more clear, which playoff run was more difficult?
    Last edited by lol, please; 01-26-2018 at 01:15 AM.

Lolz Shaq would destroy the Warriors....

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Lolz Shaq would destroy the Warriors....
    I agree but that's not the question lol

That’s easy. Shaq’s Was harder. At least back then it was a bit more competitive. With this golden state team no one has a chance. This year will be the most competition they’ve faced.

The lost boys

Blazers? LUL

Jazz That sweep gets some props.

Spurs: Zaza on Kawhi?

CLE is impressive

Cmon now.

Lakers faced legit teams, granted they were past their primes but their whole teams, not injury depleted ones.

Blazers, Kings, Spurs.

The finals was probably their easiest opponent, and they lost that first game that cost them the undefeated run.
    Last edited by Lakers + Giants; 01-26-2018 at 02:31 AM.

Id say SHAQ road because in my opinion their team isnt as good or as deep as this warriors team with durant.... That being said I dont think the warriors would lose to a Pistons type team so there is that.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Id say SHAQ road because in my opinion their team isnt as good or as deep as this warriors team with durant.... That being said I dont think the warriors would lose to a Pistons type team so there is that.
    that was more the Lakers losing than the Pistons winning. The bad blood was just too much and a feud leading to the breakup happened...

Everyone loves to bring up the abundance of talent or that this team is better but fact is, salary cap $ works, theses guys are getting paid much more... add another star to Shaq/Kobe and you have a much more realistic match-up, comparing teams with 100m in cap space to a team with half.. is...

Definitely Shaqs, he got the brunt of the defensive attention. He's just a much better player and competitor that kd could only dream of.

Shaq made mince meat of teams, kd would join that team and ride the wave to faux glory.

The Lakers actually still had to put in effort. Shaq had to be great to win. The Warriors are just an all star team that basically costed with ease.

Everyone loves to bring up the abundance of talent or that this team is better but fact is, salary cap $ works, theses guys are getting paid much more... add another star to Shaq/Kobe and you have a much more realistic match-up, comparing teams with 100m in cap space to a team with half.. is...
    Yeah, but they were also making less money overall. Shaq was at about $20 million and Kobe was around $10 million. But I get what you're saying.

Now, the salary cap was about $35 million in 2000 so if you added an extra slot of $12 million (the salary cap went from $70 million to $94ish million the offseason that KD joined----math works out) that coulda netted you Grant Hill or McGrady or even Tim Duncan that year. No idea what woulda happened back then; that salary bump idiocy only ruined the league once.

that was more the Lakers losing than the Pistons winning. The bad blood was just too much and a feud leading to the breakup happened...
    oh no i def agree... I think prime shaq obliterates the warriors and goes for like 40/20 and lose but i think this warriors team is a top 2 team ever thus their road actually being easier when you factor in their own strength... Lakers were clearly the better team to me over the pistons but the falling out of him and kobe helped drive that meltdown... outside of draymond you have a bunch of betas on the warriors thus there is no meltdown in coming to them.. Kobe and Shaq would rather lose than to run to a durant like player and beg for help or leave a team and join one of the best teams ever in free agency.

oh no doubt as well... If you add another top player on that lakers team I think lakers in 7 but back then I highly doubt you would have gotten a top 2 player to stick his tail between his legs and run to your team. Could you ever honestly see Kobe doing what Durant did? Who was a top 2 player at that point in time after Shaq? No chance they would have done what durant did.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Definitely Shaqs, he got the brunt of the defensive attention. He's just a much better player and competitor that kd could only dream of.

Shaq made mince meat of teams, kd would join that team and ride the wave to faux glory.
    this but I honestly dont blame durant... It was smart... all he needed to do was win and let time do the rest... When the warriors win the next 2 the majority wont care what Durant did and the only thing mentioned will be 3 rings and 3 and 1 in the finals... Its sad but its true.

Warriors had a cake walk to the finals last year.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast