Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which team had it harder to win a title?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Shaq & Kobe 00-01 Lake Show

5 71.43%
  • The Durant & Splash Bros Dub Show

2 28.57%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    When did I ever mention record? Some things don't require SRS or a team record. Cavs were not that bad of a team last year based off SRS and they are not the fourth best team on the East. A guy from 20 years in the future wouldn't know that just by looking at SRS and a team's record.

You don't have any context to debate anything about. Your post comes off like a total troll. This is the most emotional response I've seen from you, yet. I'd assume that you had enough of us bashing you. So be it. Quit making stupid thread and posts and you won't be seeing anyone treat you like the troll you presumably are. Has it ever, seriously, occurred to you that nearly EVERYONE here finds you to be a troll? I mean, of course some Warriors fans enjoy you because you act as a cheerleader for them but really, you're like a troll to the rest of us. You haven't given any reason otherwise for us to not proclaim you the troll. You, my friend, are PSD's King of the Trolls.
    Lol so your take is to not use ANY barometer to quantify team worth? in that case I definitely disagree. 20 years from now, no one will care of one random persons opinion either so it's not that convincing. Rather have more information than conjecture

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Lol so your take is to not use ANY barometer to quantify team worth? in that case I definitely disagree. 20 years from now, no one will care of one random persons opinion either so it's not that convincing. Rather have more information than conjecture
    Never said it wasn't useful in debates. It's definitely a supporting argument to be had. But I don't agree with the usage of it here. Just like you don't need PER to see who is better between Draymond vs Kevin Love. It's a given.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Taking the question seriously for the moment, here was the SRS and record of each opponent:

2017 Warriors
    Blazers -.23 SRS (16th) | 41-41
    Jazz 4.0 SRS (5th) | 51-31
    Spurs 7.13 SRS (2nd) | 61-21
    Cavs 2.87 SRS (7th) | 51-31

01 Lakers
    Blazers 4.52 SRS (5th) | 50-32
    Kings 6.07 SRS (2nd) | 55-27
    Spurs 7.92 SRS (1st) | 58-24
    76ers 3.63 SRS (7th) | 56-26

Now adding context to this: the Cavs were obviously better than their SRS indicated and they became a wholly different team in the playoffs. Conversely, the Spurs best player (Kawhi) missed the majority of that series meaning SA was not nearly the same caliber of team that their SRS suggests. For reference, this season without Kawhi the Spurs SRS is 3.11.

I'd say in terms of quality of opponents the Cavs, 01 Spurs and Kings were top tier teams, the 01 Blazers and the Jazz were next tier, and the 76ers and 17 Spurs were the next tier down as well. Obviously the 17 Blazers were by far the worst team.

So based on the quality of the opposition, the Warriors had the easier Finals run. Then when you want to talk specifically about KD or Shaq, the disparity becomes even more glaring. Shaq had Kobe, but KD had Curry, and many feel Curry was the flat out better player. But the real difference is that the 01 Lakers had no one else in the same stratosphere as Klay Thompson or Draymond Green.
    Yeah, by pretty much any barometer by which you judge teams, That Western Conference in 2001 was much more challenging than the one the Warriors faced last season. When you factor in the Warriors got to face the Blazers without Nurkic, the Jazz without Hill and the Spurs essentially without Kawhi, it just pushes that gap even further.

The only thing that makes this remotely close is that the Warriors' Finals opponent was a far superior team to the squad the Lakers faced. But even with the Lebron/Irving Cavs, it's really no contest. Chalk this up to another lol opinion that is in the vast, vast minority on PSD.

Definitely Shaqs, he got the brunt of the defensive attention. He's just a much better player and competitor that kd could only dream of.

Shaq made mince meat of teams, kd would join that team and ride the wave to faux glory.
    Haha

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    When did I ever mention record? Some things don't require SRS or a team record. Cavs were not that bad of a team last year based off SRS and they are not the fourth best team on the East. A guy from 20 years in the future wouldn't know that just by looking at SRS and a team's record.

You don't have any context to debate anything about. Your post comes off like a total troll. This is the most emotional response I've seen from you, yet. I'd assume that you had enough of us bashing you. So be it. Quit making stupid thread and posts and you won't be seeing anyone treat you like the troll you presumably are. Has it ever, seriously, occurred to you that nearly EVERYONE here finds you to be a troll? I mean, of course some Warriors fans enjoy you because you act as a cheerleader for them but really, you're like a troll to the rest of us. You haven't given any reason otherwise for us to not proclaim you the troll. You, my friend, are PSD's King of the Trolls.
    Actually as heartbreaking as it may be to you flashbolt no, I've never tripped on what posters think of me and my online shtick.

The only exception being the few posters I've met in real life and drank with

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Haha
    So glad I see you in the main lol. How excited are you for this Twolves team?

Doubtful. He'll go the way of Bill Russell where his titles lose significance only worse since he displayed such cowardice. I've asked before but when you say time, just how long are you talking? 2000 years into the future when the great digital archive burning of 4010?
    Serious question: do you honestly view Russell and Durants impact the same on their respective teams?

Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    Actually as heartbreaking as it may be to you flashbolt no, I've never tripped on what posters think of me and my online shtick.

The only exception being the few posters I've met in real life and drank with

Okay, then don't get upset when people call you a troll when you act like one. Bottom line, you come off as a troll to nearly everyone here. You don't have to care but I really don't know why you continue being one. You could very well entertain discussions with actual evidence but you make blanket statements and then disappear when others ask you to explain it.

Admitting that you have an "online shtick" just further proves that it's an act. And if it's an act, it's straight trolling. And if it's trolling, it's a bannable offense. How in the goddamn blue **** haven't the mods banned this troll yet? HE'S ADMITTING TO TROLLING.

Another poll where lol is in the clear minority? Shocking.

Warriors faced better teams but also had the easier time. I was in love with those Lakers teams, but the reality is that they were largely a two man team. And while I think Kobe and Shaq (two of my top 10 all time) would destroy the Warriors, they Lakers would not. Fisher and Fox would get worked to death. And Klay would at least make Kobe work on both sides of the floor cutting into his minutes and exposing what was a thin Lakers bench that year.

Remember. The lost 26 regular season games that year. They were far from an unbeatable team.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Admitting that you have an "online shtick" just further proves that it's an act. And if it's an act, it's straight trolling. And if it's trolling, it's a bannable offense. How in the goddamn blue **** haven't the mods banned this troll yet? HE'S ADMITTING TO TROLLING.
    Get off it bro, you're a way bigger troll

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Another poll where lol is in the clear minority? Shocking.
    Not shocking at all i dont shy away from an unpopular opinion to those who know me home skillets. Do it in the politics forum, and in real life.

Lol just realized I thought i was in a different thread, when i make a poll I usually choose an option off the bat so I can see the poll without clicking on the results and I went with the option i knew would be the underdog here for fun. Valade16 made a comment elsewhere about how he doesnt think any team has had it easier than that warriors squad and said off the top maybe the 01 Lakers would be comparable, so I thought it would be a fun discussion. I don't necessarily think the Lakers had it easier, I haven't thought it through and compared opponents and whatnot, I just knew they had similar playoff records and that was my starting point.
    Last edited by lol, please; 01-27-2018 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KingstonHawke View Post
    Warriors faced better teams but also had the easier time. I was in love with those Lakers teams, but the reality is that they were largely a two man team. And while I think Kobe and Shaq (two of my top 10 all time) would destroy the Warriors, they Lakers would not. Fisher and Fox would get worked to death. And Klay would at least make Kobe work on both sides of the floor cutting into his minutes and exposing what was a thin Lakers bench that year.

Remember. The lost 26 regular season games that year. They were far from an unbeatable team.
    Good post.

I do think you're underrating Fisher and the rest of that cast though.

Those are the 2 easiest titles ever.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123