Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 26 of 221 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast
    I hope they cut him. I'd rather move on than worry when/if he might start screaming "bomb" in an airport.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Mock Offseason:

Starting cap space: $74 million (after Garoppolo and Marsh).

Release Zane Beadles (cap savings $3.5 million).

Re-sign Daniel Kilgore 2 years $5.25 mil
    Re-sign Asa Jackson 1 year $1 mil
    Re-sign Brock Coyle 1 year $1.5 mil

Sign Trumaine Johnson 4 years $52 million
    Sign Justin Pugh 4 years $30 million
    Sign Donte Moncrief 3 years $19.75 mil

Draft:
    1 - Marcus Davenport DE UTSA
    2 - Sony Michel, RB Georgia
    3 - James Daniels C Iowa
    3 - Josey Jewel ILB Iowa
    4 - Alex Cappa OT Humbolt State
    5 - Christian Campbell CB Penn State
    6 - Derik Calhoun ILB Arizona State
    7 - Mike Love DE/OLB South Florida
    7 - Jacob Wieneke WR South Dakota State
    Hell yea! Getting those Hawkeyes in there and my favorite player in the draft Calhoun! Boom, would love that draft. Only person I don't care for is Sony Michel. Other than that, awesome draft.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

I still think there is a very good chance that A.J Green is either a cap casualty or a trade candidate. I would definitely trade our 2nd or 3rd round for him.

Other WRs that might be cap casualties are Dez, Crabtree, D. Thomas, and J. Nelson

I think the WR market is going to be exceptional this off season. We have to add one elite guy.

RB wise I still think the only guy to go after hard is Bell.

TE wise I really only want to try to buy low on Eifert. Eifert and Kittle would be a matchup nightmare.

So my focus with the cap is offense, and then focus on defense in the draft.

Brock was one of their better corners going into the season and they released him after his domestic violence arrest, so I think when its all said and done, they will release Foster. Lynch and Shanahan doesn't want that kind of element associated with this team. Maybe the Raiders can pick up Foster after he gets released.

Thereís too much value to just cut him.
    Fan point of view? Cut him, how dare he embarrass us?!
    Business point of view? Need some value. 1st rounder is too much to throw away. Even with public backlash.

Sounds like they're looking to bring Kilgore back. So probably moves Center backward in the draft.

Foster is an idiot... if he stays the team has to give him the "Dez Treatment" and assign him essentially a babysitter until he matures and gets his **** together.

Also, there is no way we can just let him go right now. The team has too much invested in him and it's too early to give up. Do you guys remember Aldon? They let him leave the team abruptly to go to rehab and all sorts of crap before finally saying "no thanks, see ya later" after his 5th DUI or something like that.

Not to mention we need to see what comes out of these accusations/charges. I mean, innocent until proven guilty right?
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = Rebuild Mode! Love my fellow Faithful
    Warriors = 2015 & 2017 NBA CHAMPIONS!
    A's = The young talent is here!
    WINNING!

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac8675 View Post
    Foster is an idiot... if he stays the team has to give him the "Dez Treatment" and assign him essentially a babysitter until he matures and gets his **** together.

Also, there is no way we can just let him go right now. The team has too much invested in him and it's too early to give up. Do you guys remember Aldon? They let him leave the team abruptly to go to rehab and all sorts of crap before finally saying "no thanks, see ya later" after his 5th DUI or something like that.

Not to mention we need to see what comes out of these accusations/charges. I mean, innocent until proven guilty right?

There will more than likely be a suspension coming for Reuben if he is found guilt. Brock never got suspended because his case was dismissed, but that didn't stop Lynch from cutting him before the verdict was in. All the news surrounding this team has been positive and now this. Do they really want to ride this out and get dragged through the mud? Or do they do what they do with Brock and release Foster before his case even gets to court?

Foster is a great talent with tremendous upside, but if his legal issues is going to cast a shadow on the positive things that Lynch and Shanahan's has done for this franchise, then they should just cut him. If he didn't have these characters issues, he would have been a top 5 pick. It was a nice gamble they took with a late first but it might be one that they will lose and I have no problems with that.

Rashaan Evans could be a nice replacement. I also really like Leighton Vander Esch out of Boise State. There is a chance that both of them could be available with a late first round pick, if the 49ers can somehow trade up with some of their later rounds. Or even trade down.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Sounds like they're looking to bring Kilgore back. So probably moves Center backward in the draft.
    I don't think so. I would bring Kilgore back short term and draft a center in rounds 2 through 4.

Using the way the team handled the Brock situation as the way they will handle the Foster situation doesn't make a lot of sense to me. First, Brock was an old regime player and average at best talent. Foster was recently drafted in a first round trade up by the current regime. They will be more patient with him.

Ian Rappaport saying it's not likely to be a quick decision on anything

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    I don't think so. I would bring Kilgore back short term and draft a center in rounds 2 through 4.
    If he's got the repport with Jimmy, I don't think it'll be short term. At 30 he's got some years left.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    If he's got the repport with Jimmy, I don't think it'll be short term. At 30 he's got some years left.
    He's a below average center. He shouldn't be a long term solution at the position, but he's probably a good and cheap option while we get a rookie up to par.

Interest in David Amerson. He has the size we covet at the position but has been torched recently. I guess he has decent potential as a depth piece with no guarantee at a roster spot. Ken Norton JR. and Jack Del Rio arenít exactly the best coaches.

''Sig by Johnle''

Don't want to jump to conclusions, but this Foster situation sounds like a possible break up situation where she refused to leave and he went the wrong way about getting her out (threw her belongings outside then dragged her out).