Kilgore C

Sign:
    Butler CB
    Ansah Leo
    Crowell RB
    Gabriel WR

Draft:
    1. Smith LB
    2. Hernandez G (trade up using our 2 and 3a)
    3. Ragnow C
    4. Ejiofor Leo
    5. Wadley RB

FWIW, DJ has Daniels over Price in his top 50. I'm difficult to sway on OL prospects tho lol

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    FWIW, DJ has Daniels over Price in his top 50. I'm difficult to sway on OL prospects tho lol
    I don't have him ahead of Price, but definitely ahead of Ragnow. He's also a significantly better fit for our blocking scheme than Ragnow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    I don't have him ahead of Price, but definitely ahead of Ragnow. He's also a significantly better fit for our blocking scheme than Ragnow.
    I don't know what Iowa runs, but Arkansas looks alot like Shannahans blocking schemes. They do alot of pass off and 2nd level movement. He's not overly large either.

Not sure why, but Price seems to be falling on a lot of people’s boards. That’s fine by me, if he’s starts to fall into the 2nd round we should go get him.

''Sig by Johnle''

Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    Not sure why, but Price seems to be falling on a lot of people’s boards. That’s fine by me, if he’s starts to fall into the 2nd round we should go get him.
    Agreed. I still think he goes in the top 25.

Trade:
    2018 4th round pick and 2019 4th round pick for Tevin Coleman

Re-sign:
    C Daniel Kilgore 3yrs 15Mil
    Sign:
    CB Malcolm Butler 4yrs 34Mil
    WR Allen Robinson 4yrs 52Mil
    Leo Ziggy Ansah 3yrs 30Mil

Draft:
    RD1 SAM Tremaine Edmunds
    RD2 G Isaiah Wynn
    RD3a CB Tarvarus McFadden
    RD3b G/T Alex Cappa

It'll be interesting to see what Lynch meant by they're gonna be "aggressively prudent" in FA.

They really need to find some combination of trades to move down in the first for some more 1st and/or 2nd round picks.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    It'll be interesting to see what Lynch meant by they're gonna be "aggressively prudent" in FA.
    I think he means they’ll be aggressive towards guys they feel strongly about but won’t just throw money around if they miss out on certain guys.

''Sig by Johnle''

I think he means they’ll be aggressive towards guys they feel strongly about but won’t just throw money around if they miss out on certain guys.
    Wouldn't that be more prudently aggressive?

That's probably what he means. Last year, that's exactly what they did. They identified the players that they wanted and we're aggressive in getting them.

Interesting advanced stats from PFF. They showed each team's offensive line in average yards per rush before contact. The 49ers were ranked 8th in the NFL with 1.73. However, what made it interesting was that they broke it down further by runs left, runs up the middle, and runs right. When looking at that, it really helps paint the picture of our line. The 49ers were actually #1 in the league running to the left behind Staley and Tomlinson with 3.07 yards before contact (next best was Tennessee with 2.72). The 49ers were middle of the pack at #16 running up the middle with 1.36 yards before contact. The problem area was running to the right, where SF was #28 with only 0.89 yards before contact. Part of the problem can probably be attributed to Trent Brown playing hurt and missing games with Zane Beadles taking over and pulling the numbers down, however, the play from the RG position is probably the biggest contributing factor. Tomlinson improved a lot in pass protection over the season and running to the left was clearly not an issue. These stats confirm the strategy that I have been advocating for a little while now. Sign a tier 2 guard (Pugh, Kline), re-sign Kilgore, and add a center to compete with Kilgore in the draft. Garnett and Magnuson would also be competition at guard. I think that would give us a very good offensive line.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Interesting advanced stats from PFF. They showed each team's offensive line in average yards per rush before contact. The 49ers were ranked 8th in the NFL with 1.73. However, what made it interesting was that they broke it down further by runs left, runs up the middle, and runs right. When looking at that, it really helps paint the picture of our line. The 49ers were actually #1 in the league running to the left behind Staley and Tomlinson with 3.07 yards before contact (next best was Tennessee with 2.72). The 49ers were middle of the pack at #16 running up the middle with 1.36 yards before contact. The problem area was running to the right, where SF was #28 with only 0.89 yards before contact. Part of the problem can probably be attributed to Trent Brown playing hurt and missing games with Zane Beadles taking over and pulling the numbers down, however, the play from the RG position is probably the biggest contributing factor. Tomlinson improved a lot in pass protection over the season and running to the left was clearly not an issue. These stats confirm the strategy that I have been advocating for a little while now. Sign a tier 2 guard (Pugh, Kline), re-sign Kilgore, and add a center to compete with Kilgore in the draft. Garnett and Magnuson would also be competition at guard. I think that would give us a very good offensive line.
    Great info. I agree with this and there are a bunch of good centers in the draft (Price, Andrews, Ragnow, Cole, Bozeman, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Christmas View Post
    Great info. I agree with this and there are a bunch of good centers in the draft (Price, Andrews, Ragnow, Cole, Bozeman, etc).
    I think that James Daniels is the best fit.