Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 100 of 226 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 3383
  1. #1486
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    29,002
    Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    Jimmy did all of that without an offseason in the system and never got to play with Garcon. I agree that it would had been nice to get him it was just a long shot.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Most td garcon has had is 6

  2. #1487
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    29,002
    3 year 42 million for Allen Robinson

  3. #1488
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    13,126
    I wanted Robinson too, but it's not the end of the world that we didn't get him. We can get a big bodied target in the draft, whether that be a WR or someone like Gesicki.

  4. #1489
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    29,002
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    I wanted Robinson too, but it's not the end of the world that we didn't get him. We can get a big bodied target in the draft, whether that be a WR or someone like Gesicki.
    The reported 3 year 42 million doesnít sound out of our reach unless we are targeting someone else

  5. #1490
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    13,126
    Quote Originally Posted by D1JM View Post
    The reported 3 year 42 million doesnít sound out of our reach unless we are targeting someone else
    Yeah, I'm not sure what we offered or if we were ever in it at all. Maybe we only offered a one-year prove-it deal and he wanted security. Maybe we offered similar to the Bears, but Bears offered a lot more guaranteed money or a more player friendly structure. Maybe his agent threw us in the rumors to drive up his price. Who knows?

  6. #1491
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    29,002
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Yeah, I'm not sure what we offered or if we were ever in it at all. Maybe we only offered a one-year prove-it deal and he wanted security. Maybe we offered similar to the Bears, but Bears offered a lot more guaranteed money or a more player friendly structure. Maybe his agent threw us in the rumors to drive up his price. Who knows?
    I have a feeling norwell is using us too.

  7. #1492
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    13,126
    Mock Offseason without A-Rob:

    Sign Kevin Kline OG
    Sign Aaron Colvin CB
    Sign Paul Posluszny MIKE/WILL

    Draft:
    1) Tremaine Edmunds - SAM
    2) Josh Sweat - LEO
    3) Equanimeous St Brown - WR
    3) Royce Freeman - RB

  8. #1493
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    13,126
    Quote Originally Posted by D1JM View Post
    I have a feeling norwell is using us too.
    Agreed. I have a hard time believing that we're willing to give $14 mil per year to a guard if we weren't to A-Rob.

  9. #1494
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    13,126
    Sammy Watkins to KC for 3 years $48 mil

    Norwell to Jags for 5 years $66.5 mil

  10. #1495
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    29,002
    Just saw that before I go to sleep lol. Wow. I canít belive Watkins got more than Robinson

  11. #1496
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    29,002
    JUst like lynch said no splash signings. Maybe they have a trade up their sleeves but I doubt it(I hope they do).

  12. #1497
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,218
    If I had to guess at what happened. Lynch has a number for each FA and saw early on the markets for the WR was out of our price range. So he turned his focus to Norwell and we probably got to around 11.5 mil and the Jags jumped in with 13 mil and Lynch said screw this we arenít about to cripple the future of the team to sign big name FAís. Thus the headline 49ers arenít going to be going after slash FAís.

  13. #1498
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    12,015
    Disappointing the 9ers didn't go after Robinson or Watkins. Hopefully they have a plan.

  14. #1499
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Emmaus, PA
    Posts
    27,315
    Well this was a bunch of disappointment to wake up to.

  15. #1500
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    13,126
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    Disappointing the 9ers didn't go after Robinson or Watkins. Hopefully they have a plan.
    We don't know that they didn't go after them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •